Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Healthy 'Fast Food' Chains (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=121260)

O 10-03-2018 11:36 PM

Healthy 'Fast Food' Chains

"Healthy fast-food chains are popping up everywhere and revolutionising the fast-food industry. The trend may even be putting McDonald’s out of business! The franchise recently dropped out of America’s top ten favourite restaurant chains as a result of this health-centric boom."

"1. LYFE Kitchen
This is a healthy chain which is backed by Oprah’s former personal chef, Art Smith. According to Business Insider it started in 2011 in Palo Alto, California, LYFE has 20 locations in six states including; California, Colorado, Illinois, Nevada, Tennessee, and Texas. It may not brand itself as healthy, but all the food on the menu contains less than 600 calories and 1,000 mg of sodium. Furthermore, the meals have a zero fructose, corn syrup, butter, cream, trans fats, MSG, and preservative content. The kitchen is also affordable, because it only costs less than $10.for each item.

2. Salad And Go
A drive through salad chain, which sells a variety of salads for only $6. It also has a wide choice of soups, smoothies, and breakfast meals for a small cost of $4. It focuses on making the ordering experience fast and convenient. The co-founder Roushan Christofellis told Business Insider that “since launching in 2016, Salad and Go now has six locations in Arizona, with plans to open eight more by 2018 and to expand elsewhere in the US by 2020.

3. Veggie Grill
Interestingly, this vegan-based, healthy fast-food chain claims that its veggie burgers are far more tasty than a big Mac. They make burgers made of pea protein and their “chicken” sandwiches contain soy, pea, and wheat protein. They have 28 different locations, in California, Washington, and Oregon. Their prices are inexpensive and they are planning to double their franchise’s size by 2020. The CEO Steve Heeley explains that “today’s consumer is more mindful and aware that eating a diet made up primarily of veggies, fruits, grains and nuts is better for you,”

4. Dig-Inn
This is a farm-to-table eatery which has a menu that only includes locally sourced vegetables. Dig Inn “offers items like maple and sriracha-glazed Brussels sprouts and poached wild salmon.” Moreover, any restaurant can order pre-made main dishes and sides at the counter, which are placed in compostable boxes. The healthy fast-food chain establishes partnerships with local farmers, allowing them to keep their low prices.

5. The Kitchenette
Characterised as a grab-and-go healthy fast-food chain, its prices are also never higher than $5 per item. The food chain is part of a larger chain of restaurants, called the Kitchen. Their goal is to always strive to use produce and meat from local sources. There are also plans to expand the business further.

6. Freshii
A healthy, plant-based fast-food chain that has actually been around for years! It first started in Canada in 2005 and provides salads, wraps, and bowls. The salads are all under 700 calories and cost $7. Furthermore, it has more than 300 locations in the states and is the most popular healthy fast-food chain. In the past few years, new locations have opened inside airports, stadiums, and Target stores.

These are just a few of the healthy fast-food chains popping up. You can expect to see many more, not just in the US, but worldwide by 2020. The healthy food movement is revolutionising our food industry. Don’t get left behind – leading a healthy lifestyle is becoming easier than ever before!"

http://www.longevitylive.com/nutriti...t-food-chains/

linen53 12-03-2018 07:21 PM

This is all encouraging. I hope it continues. The American diet is tragically very unhealthy. It is at the root of so many illnesses, autoimmune diseases and cancers. And the really sad part is when I tell people they give me the blank stare.

O 12-03-2018 07:59 PM

Yes, 'the stare'! Haha

I'm looking very forward to it myself, but also for others especially on the go. I feel that most choose unhealthy fast food options out of lack of alternatives. Am guilty of it myself on occasion.

linen53 12-03-2018 10:46 PM

With life threatening food allergies I can't deviate from healthy eating.

There are always alternatives. I'd rather call it laziness or convenience. People have developed a taste for processed and fast foods.

People can always cook at home. Even 10 minute stir fry is healthier than that Big Mac.

For example with my air fryer I can make delicious and healthy seasoned curly fries in the convenience of my home. I can make that cheese burger or enchiladas or just about anything that rivals what the fast food industry can make and I can make it much healthier.

O 12-03-2018 10:51 PM

Interesting. I've been wondering about those air fryers.
How is it different from baking them in the oven?

linen53 12-03-2018 11:20 PM

It's a super fast convection oven. I have a True Convection setting on my regular Bosch oven range and the air fryer does a better job. I can fry chicken in the air fryer using cooking spray only and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from the deli or chicken place that deep fries theirs.

But if you get one get the Power Air Fryer Oven. It can cook larger batches and once you learn how, easy to clean up.