Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   science not religion (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=142868)

skyman 08-02-2022 03:14 PM

science not religion (Moved from Welcome)

Ok, came here to understand metaphysical phenemona, around higher dimension/density, aura, hypnosis, aliens, etc, if any. Religion can be source of historical info but not source of faith for me. Prefer to discuss stuff with smart/knowledgable/enlightened people, and people who have experiences, not with people who are trying to push their own religious belief.

Miss Hepburn 08-02-2022 03:18 PM

Welcome aboard, skyman. :smile:

bobjob 08-02-2022 03:22 PM

good luck with that, skyman

BigJohn 08-02-2022 03:41 PM

֍   I WELCOME YOU TO THE SPIRITUAL FORUMS!         ֎

Enchanted_DreamFaerie 08-02-2022 07:20 PM

Hello and Welcome to SF! I hope you enjoy your time on here! :)

Native spirit 08-02-2022 07:58 PM

Welcome To Spiritual Forums

Namaste

B. Civyl 08-02-2022 10:52 PM

Welcome skyman…though I don’t know I should be welcoming as I am brand new too. I understand what you mean about people pushing their beliefs on others. On the other hand, it’s difficult to have a philosophical discussion with people without them thinking you’re doing exactly that. Human nature I suppose. I am very much into the scientific aspect of it too, though I don’t differentiate much between science and faith. The way I see it, scientists are on the verge of proving the existence of Heaven and the afterlife, and what has always been seen as magic will one day just be known as science. If you want to read up on some of my theories, you can check out “The Water-like Properties of Matter” on my website, *Deleted* I’m open to discussing if you’re interested. If not, to each his/her own. Whatever you choose, I hope you find what you’re looking for on this site.

skyman 21-02-2022 09:59 PM

Thanks.. I respect people with faith as well,.. but faith alone is meanignless for me.
On the other hand I don't trust "science" much either. I mean, I can trust math,..but critical topics in other science may be taught incorrectly, and some science can be hidden.

For example until I recently, I would think,
1. in ancient Egypt, kings used their slaves to build those pyramides as gorgeous tombs for themselves. And
2. UFOs were fake because those films and photos have very low resolution, so someone trying to make us curious and sell something but can't show a credible evidence.
3. Soul is just function of brain activity, and nothing else. Electric shutdown, then soul is gone.

By looking at new evidence, I think we (at least me) need to look at such things from a new perspective , but while still staying in science and logic, but knowing that there may be unknown/hidden science.
The best way to make progress would be to check some claims scientifically, and listening to people who have paranormal experiences

Aura is real. It can be filmed. But why is it not mentioned anywhere, in the news, textbooks.. Why is it not used in medicine as diagnostic tool. A lot of science and interesting stuff would come out of studying aura,..and it would be stupid to assume it was not studied at all. So why don't we hear about such science. Only explanation: it is hidden from public in an organized manner. .. And we know there are lots of intentional lies in the field of medicine, and those lies are said in a very professional manner, so doctors can't easily be supicious of those claims.

bobjob 21-02-2022 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyman
Aura is real. It can be filmed. But why is it not mentioned anywhere, in the news, textbooks.. Why is it not used in medicine as diagnostic tool. A lot of science and interesting stuff would come out of studying aura,...

First you need to persuade those who would use aura study as a diagnostic tool. There are a couple of obvious possibilities. The first is that it's not as useful as you believe. The second is that you can't provide evidence for it.

Just because it's real, can be perceived by sensitives and even photographed doesn't automatically make it a useful diagnostic tool for a medical practitioner.

JnaCK 22-02-2022 06:03 AM

hi, if you want to use science to understand the various levels of existence, then start with the advanced sciences, such as quantum physics, neuro-science, epigenetics, finding the "god" particle, etc., the origin of life, the beginning of consciousness, the origin of "you."