Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   :read2: Tarot Exercise "Cause and Effect" (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=90725)

Pandora. 08-09-2015 10:51 PM

Tarot Exercise "Cause and Effect"

I had an idea for another Tarot exercise - something a bit more exciting and challenging to get our brains working.

The first card is the "cause" and the second card is the "effect" following on from the first card.

I thought we could do the same sort of thing as the first exercise - one person picks two cards and thinks of a "cause and effect" for those cards. The next person thinks of a "cause and effect" for the cards already chosen by the first person, and then picks two of their own cards and thinks of a "cause and effect" for those two cards. Then the next person does the same, and so it goes on.

I thought that way, we can hopefully learn from what other people think of for the same cards we chose, and it may help us see connections with the cards to help in readings.

Whatever you think makes sense to you - whether it be in the first person or a situation, or a pretend person - doesn't matter - as long as it makes sense to you and you learn.

Seven of Wands (Cause) 8 of Wands reversed (effect):

I was constantly hammered at work from all directions (cause) which led to me being unable to get anything achieved on time (effect).

55Degrees 09-09-2015 06:42 AM

Seven of Wands (Cause) 8 of Wands reversed (effect)
Because he was so busy resisting other people's ideas, (cause), he was unable to develop his own (effect).

2 of Swords Rx (cause), 7 of Swords (effect)
Because he made an ill informed choice (cause), others around him lost out (effect)

(All of these cards are sounding like my work place and colleagues)

Pandora. 09-09-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon
Seven of Wands (Cause) 8 of Wands reversed (effect)
Because he was so busy resisting other people's ideas, (cause), he was unable to develop his own (effect).

2 of Swords Rx (cause), 7 of Swords (effect)
Because he made an ill informed choice (cause), others around him lost out (effect)

(All of these cards are sounding like my work place and colleagues)

I was going to say, (but forgot) to pick the cards however anyone feels inclined - either randomly, by shuffling, or two card combinations that give you grief, whatever helps whoever - there are no hard and fast rules. Also put in as much or as little information as you want.

I don't know if you shuffled your cards - the 2 of Swords reversed and 7 of Swords fit my situation to a tee! How bizarre! I'm going to shuffle my next cards just out of interest to see what comes up and if there's any relevance.

2 of Swords Rx (cause), 7 of Swords (effect):

Because we failed to look into the council's dwelling regulations, we made the wrong decision (cause) and ended up having to vacate living in the shed (effect).

(I'm using the Llewellyn deck, and the 7 of Swords actually shows someone leaving their "tent" abode, which is high off the ground (We were living on the top floor of the shed). When I did a reading for myself a couple of months ago asking if we would have to move out of the shed - I got the 7 of Swords, which I thought was a definite "yes"). :laughing11:

7 of Cups Rx (cause), 2 of Pentacles Rx (effect):

I'm seriously lacking in any work options at the moment (cause) which is making it extremely difficult to stay above water and pay all the bills (effect). :laughing7: Another very accurate one for me!

Anne 09-09-2015 12:03 PM

7 of Cups RX (cause), 2 of Pentacles Rx (effect):

Because I have a strong desire to complete many projects at once, I need to pare down my notes and focus in...

8 of Swords (cause), 6 of Cups (effect):

I fear criticism moving forward, and the effect has me wallowing in the past.

55Degrees 09-09-2015 03:26 PM

8 of Swords (cause), 6 of Cups (effect)
The constraints of adult life (cause) makes me wish for the freedom of childhood (effect)

X Wheel of Fortune Rx (cause), VIII Strength (effect)
When things keep going wrong (cause) you find the courage to battle through (effect)
This reminds me of the saying that 'women are like teabags, it's only when you put them in hot water that you realise how strong they can be'. :laughing6:

Pandora. 09-09-2015 09:47 PM

8 of Swords (cause), 6 of Cups (effect)
I was so tied in with the demands of a stressful job (cause), that the kids had to go to the neighbours to be looked after when they finished school because I couldn't get away from work (effect).

10 of Swords (cause) 6 of Wands reversed (effect)
After leaving his job unexpectedly (cause), he found it difficult to get another one because his self-confidence was shot.

tealily 10-09-2015 07:15 AM

10 of Swords (cause) + 6 of Wands rev (effect): Someone had a recent setback and was unable to regroup enough to overcome the next challenge; they might also have withdrawn at the last minute because they didn't have the confidence.

Whoo! I asked my cards for a "cause" and "effect" card for me...

2 of Swords (cause) + 6 of Swords rev (effect): Slight state of "NO TAKERS", meaning I'm not moving forward. It's a literal rejection of any change, new influences, new challenges, any kind of stimuli, with the effect of me staying put rather than moving forward. Ooh, might be important not to stay here too long...

Pandora. 10-09-2015 07:40 AM

2 of Swords (cause), 6 of Swords Rx (effect):
I didn't bother to wait until the topographic map arrived for a trip, and couldn't decide which track to go on (cause). Unfortunately, I ended up taking the wrong track and drove around in the dark for hours, totally lost (effect).

Yep, that's happened a few times ... :icon_lol:

Has anyone noticed how we seem to pick an awful lot of swords cards for this exercise? :icon_scratch:

(Spoke too soon) ...

5 of Cups (cause), the Hermit (effect):
A long term relationship broke up, which I took really badly (cause), so I thought I'd better see someone to help me get over it and get on with my life (effect).

55Degrees 10-09-2015 05:43 PM

5 of Cups (cause), Hermit (effect)
All I keep getting in my head is the book Eat, Pray, Love, (after a serious of bad relationships {cause}, she left to find god {effect})
However,
After breaking my spectacles and failing to find my spare pair (cause), I had to visit an optician (effect).

Ace of Coins (cause) 4 of Wands (effect).
Due to a salary bonus (cause), I built an extension on my house (effect)

Pandora. 10-09-2015 07:50 PM

Ace of Pentacles (cause), 4 of Wands (effect):
My father gave my fiancee and me some money (cause) so we were able to put down a deposit to buy a house (effect).

Strength Rx (cause), 2 of Pentacles Rx (effect):
I was unable to overcome my gambling addiction (cause), which meant I didn't have enough money to pay my bills (effect).