Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What wakes people up, but leaves others in slumber? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128494)

HSmith123 16-03-2019 02:33 AM

What wakes people up, but leaves others in slumber?

Whenever i try to talk to friends about whats going on in the world, if it is the mainstream, everything is normal, dont ask questions etc, they cannot bear to hear it and even get aggressive. This behavior really confuses me, for example im trying to make them aware about the dangers of 5g technology! And all i am met with is, 'SHUT UP', 'that's a load of rubbish', 'youre so delusional'. I dont know how but ive never led a mainstream life and maybe thats why i am not a sheeple and question what is going on in this reality, is there a way to wake people up, the ignorance is so painful at times. Much love to you all :)

JustBe 16-03-2019 05:46 AM

Just keep waking yourself up and you will change the way your reality currently goes about things. When you change, you have more choices, you see things as they are. You realize it’s only about you as the one needing to wake up. When your awake, there is no waking up others. There is only awareness of life and you move to meet it as it is. Change is far more powerful through presence than fixing others.

Be the change you wish to see!

If someone says shut up. Listen to them and realize they don’t need what your seeking. That’s only about you.

Greenslade 16-03-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSmith123
Whenever i try to talk to friends about whats going on in the world, if it is the mainstream, everything is normal, dont ask questions etc, they cannot bear to hear it and even get aggressive. This behavior really confuses me, for example im trying to make them aware about the dangers of 5g technology! And all i am met with is, 'SHUT UP', 'that's a load of rubbish', 'youre so delusional'. I dont know how but ive never led a mainstream life and maybe thats why i am not a sheeple and question what is going on in this reality, is there a way to wake people up, the ignorance is so painful at times. Much love to you all :)

I've been slated on this forum before because of my "anything goes Spirituality," because I'll talk about things other than ideologies and theologies in a post. What's the difference, really? If I said that the explanation had nothing to do with waking up but everything to do with cognitive dissonance?

If you want to understand, dig a little bit deeper and don't be satisfied with what you see on the surface. There are reasons for people being the way they are and often the best way it to put yourself in others' shoes. Some people just don't like their worlds rocked. The other problem is what constitutes mainstream news for instance, often it's heavily filtered and biased and people find themselves switching off from it. Similarly with the debate about 5G, debates were raging about CRT monitors and how radiation was making you sick or framerates were damaging people's eyes. Then it was wifi, early mobile phones in back pockets causing hip bone cancer..... Then there are people who don't want to know about the dangers of 5D because of the benefits the same as people ignored the dangers of wifi and everything else for the same reasons.

Often the truth takes a back seat.

Lorelyen 16-03-2019 10:00 AM

I think what you're seeing is government and commerce increasingly imposing their views on what people's reality should be. The masses are seduced in various ways - usually the hyperbolic claims about what the benefits are. "Meaning production" is a big part of commercial enterprise these days.

Jean Baudrillard drew up cases that showed that formerly "reality" arose from society's shared values and consensus. What was "normal" evolved. But now, commerce/governments decide what your reality is going to be then impose their icons in every aspect of people's lives they can reach.

You need only look at the problems of mutli-culti forced upon cultures or, say, the spread of the gadgetry fetish, to realise there's some truth in this. People don't need a new smartphone every year - but they'll queue up at midnight for its arrival - because gadget-hysteria has been whipped up. Then you can look at this new idea of "chipping" people. So many benefits, the proponents say - but they never tell you about the dangers.

It's a complex philosophical argument but you're swimming against a strong current arguing against today's social conditioning. Most people don't understand the technical about technology so they take what's forced upon them through the most subtle of seductions. It's always easier not to think. Just look at the glitter - don't worry about what lies beneath it. "Let me make your decisions for you."

Whenever there's a TV/MSM programme about computer systems failing, the broadcasters/editors claim how reliant we are on technology. Even 20 years ago people would assert NEVER rely on technology!

Yes! Don't become a sheeple. The establishment won't like you for driving your own life but at least you retain control over what you're still allowed to!

Greenslade 16-03-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The masses are seduced in various ways - usually the hyperbolic claims about what the benefits are. "Meaning production" is a big part of commercial enterprise these days.

Doesn't that - and quite a few other things you've mentioned - apply to Spirituality too, or does Spirituality exist in splendid isolation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
The establishment won't like you for driving your own life

The establishment or the established?