Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Why does God allow mass extinction of human life? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36963)

Geomagman 03-06-2012 04:47 PM

Why does God allow mass extinction of human life?

While the evidence for life after death seems compelling to me personally, I'm troubled by seemingly contradictory evidence that sometimes either God or the universe doesn't care about earthly life. I specifically make reference to "natural" events like earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tsunamis, epidemics and so on that claim mass causalities. Take for example the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake that claimed 230,000 lives in 14 countries. Such an event should have been predictable to both those in the higher spheres and God. From what I've read in many after-death books, that the worst thing you can do is cut another life short in their earthly life. Personal suicide is a big no-no and all life is sacred. Yet, wholesale slaughter obviously happens on earth on a regular basis. Why is there no mass warning from spiritual guides or from any credible earthly source to prevent such events?

There seems to be an issue of spiritual responsibility here. Inaction for an event is no excuse for a serious consequence. If I sold you a car that I knew to be unsafe and possibly deadly and you lost your life in an accident because of using that car, I share the responsibility for what happened. So who picks up the ticket for these horrific mass extinctions of human life?

Better known as Jo 03-06-2012 05:34 PM

There have been spiritual guide warnings and many people did flee, avoid getting on planes or entering building on 9/11. There are numerous other instances in which people have avoided these situations, through intuition, gut instinct, spirit guides, whatever you want to call them. Also, animals have fled before tsunami's reached their destination and I'm pretty sure very few of them perished.

I agree with you about responsibility. When a tornado strikes and destroys entire towns and kills people, yet the townsfolk choose to rebuild there, whose responsibility is it? The earth is a living, moving thing and we need to respect that.

So who picks up the ticket? I would think both the God/Universe and us as humans. The Universe is doing what is always has, changing and moving. Sometimes, unfortunately, we live in those places and things happen.

I don't mean to seem cold but this has been happening since the beginning of time and will continue until the end.

Miss Hepburn 03-06-2012 06:14 PM

Now who was it?!
Darn...some yogi type person said...

God was like a little boy playing in a garden.

Now we all know what little boys do!

daisy 03-06-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

IMO god doesn't allow it or disallow it.

Xan 03-06-2012 09:36 PM

Because of free will.

We're not robotic expressions of God's love and will, but creative beings who learn and evolve through what we do, experience and choose.

Sadly most of us are pretty slow learners.

Xan

Quintessence 03-06-2012 09:48 PM

My initial snarky response to "why does God allow mass extinction of human life" is "because humans are stupid enough to walk right into it." >_<;

But seriously, IMHO, "God" is nature, and nature is fundamentally amoral. It does what it does. It's not good, it's not bad, it just is. It is in constant change and transformation, and I don't really follow why people feel this overwhelming need to label some of these changes "bad" and some of these changes "good" (at least in some cosmic/universal sense). We can speak of what is "allowed" only in the sense of what is possible within the limits of natural laws and forces.

innerlight 03-06-2012 09:59 PM

Destruction is change. Many people fear destruction as evil and bad. Destruction is needed to bring about something new. We can't have a new, anything, without the end of something. A new job is the end of an old job. Etc.

psychoslice 03-06-2012 10:05 PM

Humans are no better than any other animal on this planet, why do we allow other animals to suffer ?.

Quagmire 03-06-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by innerlight
A new job is the end of an old job. Etc.

But sometimes it is our first job :wink: Not every beginning starts with an end.

LovingMistress 03-06-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintessence
My initial snarky response to "why does God allow mass extinction of human life" is "because humans are stupid enough to walk right into it." >_<;

I don't understand what my family did to warrant this response. I don't understand how they played a part anymore stupid than those who have outlived them ........ Perhaps it's just one of those things , but I don't see how stupidity comes into it. They lived, they died, and took the hand they were given . Unless their soul was stupid for choosing to have their body born in said location - I don't understand what the initial snarky response was in aid of really , all I know is , it saddened me to read.

:hug3: