Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Question about affirmations. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118830)

candyfloss28 01-12-2017 11:36 AM

Question about affirmations.

Can affirmations be for anything?

MissCreativeSpirit 10-09-2018 02:07 AM

You cannot control the will of specific people. When you ask that a person love you or similar you are inviting them energetically to love you. But if you are swinging energies back and forth from the fear that it wont happen to the faith that it could you sporatically block this inviting.

inavalan 10-09-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyfloss28

Sure .

manifestyourreality88 05-11-2018 02:56 AM

Never doubt the power of your mind. Or else, your affirmations won't work. For instance, if you affirm yourself of being a millionaire someday but deep inside you have this fear that it won't work, then it won't actually work.

In addition, be careful with your affirmations. It should be specific and it should address your own false and limiting beliefs.

I've had a hard time creating my own affirmations at first. But when I looked it up on Google and I found this site named MustSparkJoy, I can say that I am now well guided on how to create my own affirmations!

spiritualll 16-12-2018 05:44 PM

It's also very important to trust your affirmation and find the ones that fit you rather than picking them up from some book.

Sir Neil 11-02-2024 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyfloss28

Yes they can, and they will work for as long as you don’t have any doubt over them. This is why big goals tend to take longer: because we have doubts around them which we generally don’t around smaller goals. This doesn’t mean that you can’t manifest something really big, it’s just that it usually takes a bit longer because you have to work through some doubts first.

I have found that I need to repeat affirmations about something big, frequently to myself for a few days, before the mind can register them instead of doubting them. This is a bit like breaking in a new pair of trainers which may feel uncomfortable first.

I find that kind power works incrementally, and builds up a kind of psychic momentum the more you use it (or the more you repeat an affirmation). At first, the increments are quite small (for instance, after a few days, you may see a sign about the affirmation you are using which ‘confirms’ it) but they indicate that the mind has begun to register your new thought and is working to make it your reality. Keep at it.

You will get results, for as long as you are consistently using your new affirmation or mind-power technique.

Timetraveller22 11-02-2024 05:39 PM

the key is not the affirmation itself, but the belief behind it and especially the question "do you really believe it, or not?"

Miss Hepburn 17-02-2024 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timetraveller22
the key is not the affirmation itself, but the belief behind it and especially the question "do you really believe it, or not?"

You are so correct. :smile:
I don't even need to do affirmations for yrs now...why?
Because my deep, core beliefs are 'that everything just comes to me and is perfect'!! (And I am loved and protected SO much!!)
Occasionally, if the roads are snowy I might say - "I'm going to have a SAFE and pleasant trip to the Store." :hug3:

vortex 17-02-2024 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I don't even need to do affirmations for yrs

like Miss Hepburn i don't
i know its what i believe that's important
mental things are easy
its more like on big physical ones i call it an affirmation if my mind wont oblige in making the belief
and it may take work for the mind to believe it

Hekate 27-02-2024 06:27 AM

The I Ching uses "crossing the great stream" for any difficult undertaking. So I think affirmations are used when doing that.