Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Mediumship (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Difference between mediumship and channeling? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=13897)

ZeroPointField 07-04-2011 07:27 AM

Difference between mediumship and channeling?

Can someone explain the difference to me in specific terms? I always thought a medium was just someone who channeled, but apparently there's a difference...?

Orbie 07-04-2011 08:49 AM

This has been discussed before at length so perhaps you could use the search facility to find the appropriate threads? Just an idea, hope that helps :)

ZeroPointField 07-04-2011 08:59 AM

Is it a full moon or something? That's the second rude comment I've gotten tonight.

Gee, thanks for the idea, Orbie! I never would have thought of that.

I looked around for a few minutes and couldn't find a thread about it, so I figured maybe someone could take the time to give me a quick one or two sentence answer, or even better just give me a link to a thread where it has already been "discussed before at length"?

People repeat questions. It happens. You could have given me an answer in the same amount of time and space it took to say what you did.

LadyB. 07-04-2011 01:37 PM

I feel that Orbie was just trying to be helpful, ZPF. :smile:

The true 'meaning' of mediumship has been discussed and rediscussed many times in the last few pages of this forum. Everyone has so many different interpretations it will never be agreed on...:rolleyes:

For me personally when I am channeling..It feels telepathic. The words and sentences I hear in my mind are fairly constant and flow. Does not mean that they are exactly as 'source' intended as many factors come into play. Our own interpretation, belief systems, and egos will play a part. Although I do find the most important part of the message will be repeated several times in different ways in order to underline a point and I can therefore take those parts as fact. I always write my channeling down and usually see the true meaning of the words on reflection...

As a medium however, the process is a lot more subtle. Feelings,words, images, thoughts, sounds and smells...Especially for the validations. However, when it comes to the actual message to be convey from the spirit.I will often have complete sentences come together as I am blending with the spirit into a form of trance mediumship..(Another whole subject it-self......)

Channeling to me, involves a different type of energy to mediumship.

Hope that helps :color:

LB
X

mac 07-04-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyB.
I feel that Orbie was just trying to be helpful, ZPF. :smile:

The true 'meaning' of mediumship has been discussed and rediscussed many times in the last few pages of this forum. Everyone has so many different interpretations it will never be agreed on...:rolleyes:

For me personally when I am channeling..It feels telepathic. The words and sentences I hear in my mind are fairly constant and flow. Does not mean that they are exactly as 'source' intended as many factors come into play. Our own interpretation, belief systems, and egos will play a part. Although I do find the most important part of the message will be repeated several times in different ways in order to underline a point and I can therefore take those parts as fact. I always write my channeling down and usually see the true meaning of the words on reflection...

As a medium however, the process is a lot more subtle. Feelings,words, images, thoughts, sounds and smells...Especially for the validations. However, when it comes to the actual message to be convey from the spirit.I will often have complete sentences come together as I am blending with the spirit into a form of trance mediumship..(Another whole subject it-self......)

Channeling to me, involves a different type of energy to mediumship.

Hope that helps :color:

LB
X

That's the best description I've heard of the differences. :smile:

Broadening the topic, for whom are the channelled words? For yourself or for the benefit of another/others?

Is the source of the channelled words known to you? Is she/he linked specifically to you or someone who serves others in similar situations to yourself?

Do you see yourself primarily as channeller or medium? Is your mediumship 'evidential mediumship' where you seek to bring identifying info. for the recipient along with a message etc?

LadyB. 07-04-2011 08:18 PM

Thank you, Mac :smile:

I would not consider myself to be a channeler or a medium. I am being led down many paths at the moment and appear to have capabilities in a few different areas. However, I feel I have a lot more to learn before I bestow myself with a title in any of them.

With regard to who I am channeling. I believe that to be the my higher-self/source/god. It is certainly not channeling to be broadcast, more for me to reflect on and learn from to further me spiritually. I would be very hesitant to take any form of channeling as infallible as there are so many variables to take into account.

I would like to think that all I am being taught at the moment will lead to something wonderful I can pass on to others. Who knows...? But maybe that's my ego coming into play :wink:

LB
X

ZeroPointField 07-04-2011 10:03 PM

Orbie, my sincere apologies. I have been having a bad couple of weeks. I had already looked several places and couldn't find anything about it, so I figured I would just ask. I also didn't know there was debate about the answer, so I figured it would be simple for someone to say "Channling is ____, and mediumship is ____". I assumed anyone would naturally look around a bit first, so I thought your answer was sarcastic. I'm sorry.

Lady B. Thanks for your answer. I would probably have more to ask or comment, but I'm not feeling well so maybe I'll come back to it. Thanks again.

ZPF

Orbie 07-04-2011 10:48 PM

Zero no worries, I couldnt write more because Im not experienced/qualified enough to give you the answer you needed I was trying to help you get to an answer quickly. Its a great question you asked :)

ZeroPointField 07-04-2011 11:06 PM

Thank you, Orbie. I really do appreciate it, and again I apologize. Look forward to talking to you again.

ZPF

ZeroPointField 08-04-2011 02:30 AM

Ok, So I hear there are both conscious and unconscious channels? Is a medium sort of in between these two? My understanding of what you said, Lady B., is that channeling is more of an external communication with a spirit, and mediumship is more of an immersive or merging experience where the "spirit" or being...hmmm, I'm trying to phrase this right...I guess somewhat blends with your own consciousness so you are able to receive impressions on a deeper level than just words. Whereas unconscious channeling would be a spirit or being completely taking over the channel temporarily. Am I close?

Well, ok my bad, I just realized I didn't look for the other threads, but it sometimes helps me to form my own analogies and then get confirmation from people with experience to see if this sounds right. If someone else has already said something similar, don't worry about answering and I'll just search the other threads.

Thanks!