Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Meditation (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Help, I can't meditate (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=32309)

Sybilline 17-03-2012 09:04 PM

Help, I can't meditate

Hi Everyone,

I've always had a problem with this. I can relax all my muscles and clear my thoughts, then start trying to visualize, but then I either fall asleep or get sleep paralysis (I usually get a nightmare during this too). I can never truly just meditate and finish. I know the Dalai Lama said sleep is the best kind of meditation. Is that the only way I can meditate?

Joshua_G 17-03-2012 09:51 PM

You can find here http://www.the-third-circle.com/nfmedi1.html instructions for 12 different meditation. I'd be glad to assist you should you find a difficulty with any of them.

Liet 17-03-2012 09:59 PM

Its because you arent burning energies properly...

Visualization is a kind of meditation where you are working the whole system top-down, try the bottom-up version of just thinking energies into existance.
Push upwards to make the crown as tall as possible, this way you'll never fall asleep unwillingly.

Sybilline 17-03-2012 10:12 PM

Thanks Joshua I am reviewing it now... Liet, "Push upwards to make the crown as tall as possible" --- i'm sorry what the crown? And what did you mean by burning energies?

Liet 17-03-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybilline
Thanks Joshua I am reviewing it now... Liet, "Push upwards to make the crown as tall as possible" --- i'm sorry what the crown? And what did you mean by burning energies?

Oh, so you are starting from square one? didnt know.
Then i'd recoment focusing on words that stir up positive feelings from within when you are calm, when you have exhausted all the words you can just recreate the energetic buzz by memory of how it felt and where.

Once energies enter your solar plexus, they will have the possibility of being shot out at the top of your head... but the solar plexus strength requiered to advance into the heart is not strong enough to do so (well, it is.. but it'll require lots of effort)
This is "burning energies"
The solar plexus is hot, fires radiate with their heat.
Radiation is a high frequency.

A meditation of pushing your energies as far up as you can is like running, whereas not pushing is like walking (walking wont give you strength nor stamina).
"As time passes you are capable of running faster and longer within each interval"
....Pushing the crown further up and for longer durations, the more you've done it.

psychoslice 17-03-2012 10:29 PM

Then meditate on not being able to meditate.

Joshua_G 17-03-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Where did you see "crown" and "burning energies"? In the meditations instructions, or in the preceding quotes? Which meditation are you referring to?

Greg 17-03-2012 11:33 PM

You could try quiet observation, usually called Vipassana. No need for mantra's, concentrating on the breath or a flame, just listen to your thoughts without judgement.

Xan 18-03-2012 02:01 AM

Sybilline... Some people find that a walking meditation works best for them, at least in the beginning.

You do the same relaxing and focusing within, but with eyes open and actually walking.

Xan

Gem 18-03-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Hi Everyone,

I've always had a problem with this. I can relax all my muscles and clear my thoughts, then start trying to visualize, but then I either fall asleep or get sleep paralysis (I usually get a nightmare during this too). I can never truly just meditate and finish. I know the Dalai Lama said sleep is the best kind of meditation. Is that the only way I can meditate?

"I can relax all my muscles and clear my thoughts"