Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Is This Reality Perfect? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118253)

WabiSabi 07-11-2017 09:14 PM

Is This Reality Perfect?

I was just curious to hear people's thoughts on the matter of whether or not this reality is inherently perfect.

It seems to me that a lot of religious or "spiritual" people that I have talked to firmly believe that this reality is imperfect, that it is not the way that it should be, and that things need to change in order for there to be some sort of harmony or resolution to "God's Plan". Most of these people believe that a majority of the population are "asleep" to Truth, and that by "waking up" the world will become a better place.

However, numerous teachings as well as my own experiences lead me to believe that this reality is perfectly patterned, and that all is as it should be. That nothing need be achieved, and that the world is already perfect. That there is already balance and harmony within that which is Absolute. That all action to make the world a better place is simply changes in a pattern that has always been and will always be complete.

Thanks for your time!

froebellian 07-11-2017 09:38 PM

First what is 'perfect', it's what one aspires for and each has different standards or perceptions of what is perfect.

I have come to realize perfection is a state of mind, and is a transient one for nothing ever remains perfect.

Reality is naturally flawed, if it was perfect then no one would make mistakes or have anything to learn. Is reality perfect by being flawed though?

I often see people say everything is perfect, and I cannot agree. We all learn whether we realize it or not in all that we do and say or think, and no ones thoughts or actions are perfect every time in their life.

Golden Eagle 07-11-2017 10:04 PM

It IS perfect from the Divine Perception as NOT BEING REAL at all ~
-conditioned mind CANNOT grasp that ....... only a Direct Divine Communing of your individual Consciousness with the Divine Super-Consciousness can give you that!

To say the World is Self Realized and perfect ...... hahaha!

Consciousness absent ALL its illusions is PERFECT ....... so perhaps those saying the World is Perfect as it is ...... are really referring to the Pure Consciousness which is within each though unconscious in most ~

The World is riddled with ERROR ....... that is its current state of Consciousness which is Mostly UNCONSCIOUS of its TRUE NATURE.

i did not reach this level of Awareness through study ....... no certificates of achievement ........ oh but by FIRE!! My RESOLVE was simply to make direct Divine Communion and IT happened! It is automatic once YOU MAKE THE CHOICE and STAY PERSISTENT UNTIL DONE!~

WabiSabi 07-11-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by froebellian
First what is 'perfect', it's what one aspires for and each has different standards or perceptions of what is perfect.

I have come to realize perfection is a state of mind, and is a transient one for nothing ever remains perfect.

Reality is naturally flawed, if it was perfect then no one would make mistakes or have anything to learn. Is reality perfect by being flawed though?

I often see people say everything is perfect, and I cannot agree. We all learn whether we realize it or not in all that we do and say or think, and no ones thoughts or actions are perfect every time in their life.

I believe that reality (as in All That Is) is absolutely infinite. And I believe that this infinite reality is inherently complete and perfect. I believe that what we see around us is but an infinitesimally small portion of reality's infinite nature manifest in physical form. As such, what we see as imperfection is only due to our extremely finite perspective. It's like a puzzle piece that has a strange shape but fits perfectly into the larger picture. If you look at a mountain stream, at how it moves and flows and just exists in general, it looks chaotic and random. And yet physics tells us that such a stream is operating perfectly, according to its nature. I believe that all of reality is the same way, that it may look imperfect to us as human beings, but in the grand scheme of things not a single thing is or could be out of place. The imperfection we see is part of a much larger perfect reality. Any action to change our world for the better is also a part of that perfect reality. Both good and evil dance together endlessly against this perfect background. That is what I mean when I say perfect.

froebellian 07-11-2017 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WabiSabi
I believe that reality (as in All That Is) is absolutely infinite. And I believe that this infinite reality is inherently complete and perfect. I believe that what we see around us is but an infinitesimally small portion of reality's infinite nature manifest in physical form. As such, what we see as imperfection is only due to our extremely finite perspective. It's like a puzzle piece that has a strange shape but fits perfectly into the larger picture. If you look at a mountain stream, at how it moves and flows and just exists in general, it looks chaotic and random. And yet physics tells us that such a stream is operating perfectly, according to its nature. I believe that all of reality is the same way, that it may look imperfect to us as human beings, but in the grand scheme of things not a single thing is or could be out of place. The imperfection we see is part of a much larger perfect reality. Any action to change our world for the better is also a part of that perfect reality. Both good and evil dance together endlessly against this perfect background. That is what I mean when I say perfect.

That is your perception and what you believe, but having been a perfectionist for the first 30 years of my life, I realized I was creating boundaries that prevented my perceptions.

I do get concerned when people feel this is a perfect reality, because perfection means that is how it is meant to be. How then can the life of a poor starving person or one who is abused be 'perfect' because free will empowers us to choose our paths within limits?. People who struggle to accept imperfections exist to me will struggle later on with soul goals that require the ability to accept this.

LiberatedLotus 08-11-2017 12:09 AM

I, simply view the Universe as it is & that everything
in existence is the very embodiment of the Universe itself.

I personally do not view the world in terms of perfection/imperfection,
good/bad, black/white etc. All simply manifestations of the
divine. I acknowledge the infinite within & the
infinite within all creation- power, potential, etc. Life is
to evolve/return to that place of infinite being: mind, body,
and soul. Unification of all. That the world will come to
a place where all can reach that place of infinity.
The paths that people take either bring them closer or
farther apart, but ultimately all is subject to the truths
of the Universe. If all came to the understanding of
the God within, oneness of the Universe, ultimately the
world would follow suit.

Brucely 08-11-2017 08:49 AM

If everyone were awake the world would be terrifying. There are many truths to awaken to.

Lorelyen 08-11-2017 08:57 AM

We make the reality in ourselves through our perceptions. That doesn't mean it fits in with our own needs immediate and long term so we have to adjust what we do. What's out there (who knows what it really is? Gazillions of electrical charges?) is constant if dynamic. So I'd say that, whatever it is, reality IS - neither perfect, imperfect or any degree in between.

What we make it through our perceptive processes is another matter.

Kioma 08-11-2017 04:23 PM

Depends on your perspective.

I've looked at this world from the perspective of it being perfect. However, from the human perspective, any world so full of circumstances and threats that could so quickly take our humanness away from (kill) us is far from perfect. Egoically, it is blatantly counterintuitive to view the world with such generous latitude.

This is how self-interest forms our realities.

lemex 08-11-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
We make the reality in ourselves through our perceptions. That doesn't mean it fits in with our own needs immediate and long term so we have to adjust what we do. What's out there (who knows what it really is? Gazillions of electrical charges?) is constant if dynamic. So I'd say that, whatever it is, reality IS - neither perfect, imperfect or any degree in between.

What we make it through our perceptive processes is another matter.

Thoughtful indeed. But how can you make the (outside) reality in ourselves. Isn't this a illusion of it, electrical impulse that mix with such things as emotional impulses. The reality outside within is not true but the thought is reality of a waveform. The outside is reality outside and the inside is reality only to itself. Is the outside perfect or is the inside perfect? When one changes the inside the outside is not changed. :smile: I have observed I have acted on electrical impulses.

We really don't make reality but make it happen which isn't the same thing.

There is an outside and there is an inside. Great observation.

I really don't see how people can say reality is perfect, so my vote is no though it is absolutely true reality is much more then can be known at this moment. :D I think it is clear, reality does not need us to be or our perception so I don't know why we continually fall back on this idea of self. :smile: