Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Soulmates & Twin Flames (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Difference between soul mates and kindred spirits (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51952)

TeaLeaves56 25-05-2013 08:27 PM

Difference between soul mates and kindred spirits

Okay, have a new question. Someone who reveals to you that they have walked the same or an extremely similar path in their life. Same interests, same life goals and dreams, similar talents, similar life events(!) similar weakness, the same or at least very similar journeys in life, in general.

I realize there's a difference between a kindred spirit and a soul mate. Or is there? Are they similar? Are they different? If they are different, what is the difference?

Thank you all. Have a great day everyone

deepsea 30-05-2013 09:08 AM

Yes,I met someone like that. Not sure if it was a 'put on' or a genuine gesture.

Deepsea

Astral Jane 14-06-2013 06:49 AM

I think of soul mates as those you have several of, maybe even dozens, depending on how meaningful they are, but there is always some path for growth with them, or old past life contracts, or even opportunities to resolve current life karma, where they kind of substitute, because you can work it out with them, but not the actual persons from your past. You may or may not have extensive similarities. But when it is as eerily similar as you describe, that sounds to me like a twin soul, maybe you are using the term soul mate to mean something more like a twin.

Wheras kindred spirits to me means the same values and interests, especially spiritual. They could be someone or a group and you may not even know them beyond acquantiance. It's more like when you go to a group eg, to share reiki, or a support group for depression, something like that. Some intuitives describe 'balance partner' too, a more long-lasting mate that resembles twin souls, but for twins there is a lot more of a psychic connection, and spiritual access and changes you have never had or imagined before.

That's how I see it. I don't subscribe to the adage that if they are your twin you will never question it. It is not a decision to take lightly and we are learning to use our head and our heart in a more cooperative new age way, of course you should question it, imo.

Hope that helps- these discussions go round and round as you will see, but there are so many twins meeting now, got to keep helping each other sort it out! :hug: . so thanks for asking ! : )

Endless_Love_2_you 14-06-2013 07:02 AM

I have the same exact experience all similarities yet im being told he is my soul mate not my twin soul

amissaanima 14-06-2013 07:50 AM

I consider mine to be a kindred soul, for sure. Also what people call a TF. Though I prefer the term "soul connection." We didn't email each other for almost two days, then yesterday morning we both emailed each other at the exact same time. We live close to 1,500 miles apart.

WhiteWarrior 14-06-2013 12:13 PM

I used to do military reenacting. There were some times up to two dozen guys at the meetings; all of us passionately interested in guns and history and reenactment and costume making. They all felt like kindred souls to me.

Now.... there's a small handful of guys I have found over the last couple of years. They are completely different from me in every way I can imagine. And yet I felt something drawing me to them, appreciating their strengths and weaknesses and sensing a fondness in me for them that it took me a long while to understand. When I finally was informed by my guides that they were among my soulmates, the pieces fell together at last.

CerialKillah 21-06-2013 01:56 AM

I have to say that my husband and I have always called ourselves soulones and to me that translates more to twin soul than it does soul mate.
It's eerie how much alike we are and our paths crossed multiple times throughout our lives without ever knowing one another until one day across the entire country.... but that brings us into the whole destiny, fate, chance, coincidence etc... personally I call it cosmic.

Juanita 21-06-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeaLeaves56
Okay, have a new question. Someone who reveals to you that they have walked the same or an extremely similar path in their life. Same interests, same life goals and dreams, similar talents, similar life events(!) similar weakness, the same or at least very similar journeys in life, in general.

I realize there's a difference between a kindred spirit and a soul mate. Or is there? Are they similar? Are they different? If they are different, what is the difference?

Thank you all. Have a great day everyone

Everyone in your soul group that reincarnates at about the same time period is your soul mate, but you also have a Primary Soul mate with whom you share an even stronger bond and with whom you have shared many, many lifetimes....A kindred spirit is usually a soul from a nearby soul group with whom you interact with in this lifetime through similar interests, hobbies, etc.....

Perfect Storm 21-06-2013 08:30 AM

It doesnt matter what labels other people use OP or the descriptions they put with it.

I wish people would stop saying 'this is this' 'that is that'. For some people they just feel plain wrong and should not be assumed.

What matters, OP, is your idea of what the connection is, not what labels other people give it.

I can understand the need to understand the type of connection, but its how you feel and the word that best describes it to YOUR understanding thats most important.

TeaLeaves56 23-06-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astral Jane
I think of soul mates as those you have several of, maybe even dozens, depending on how meaningful they are, but there is always some path for growth with them, or old past life contracts, or even opportunities to resolve current life karma, where they kind of substitute, because you can work it out with them, but not the actual persons from your past. You may or may not have extensive similarities. But when it is as eerily similar as you describe, that sounds to me like a twin soul, maybe you are using the term soul mate to mean something more like a twin.

Wheras kindred spirits to me means the same values and interests, especially spiritual. They could be someone or a group and you may not even know them beyond acquantiance. It's more like when you go to a group eg, to share reiki, or a support group for depression, something like that. Some intuitives describe 'balance partner' too, a more long-lasting mate that resembles twin souls, but for twins there is a lot more of a psychic connection, and spiritual access and changes you have never had or imagined before.

That's how I see it. I don't subscribe to the adage that if they are your twin you will never question it. It is not a decision to take lightly and we are learning to use our head and our heart in a more cooperative new age way, of course you should question it, imo.

Hope that helps- these discussions go round and round as you will see, but there are so many twins meeting now, got to keep helping each other sort it out! :hug: . so thanks for asking ! : )

I've been realizing as of late that she's definitely my twin flame, not just a soul mate. Just, when I first started using frequenting these boards, I wasn't aware of a lot of things, but now I'm learning, haha. :) :hugs:

No problem! Thank you for answering!! :D