Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Hey, would anyone be interested in a celtic cross exchange thread? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127160)

tealily 30-12-2018 12:43 PM

Hey, would anyone be interested in a celtic cross exchange thread?

I don't use this spread too often but would like to brush it off a bit + have an opportunity to in action by other people (there are a few different interpretations)

Anyone keen? Plan would be to run it similar to the tarot practice thread, but keep it CC specific

Pandora. 31-12-2018 06:58 AM

Hey tealily,

I can't say I've really used it, other than trying it out once to see what it was all about doing an experimental reading. And I've never done a proper reading for anyone else using it, but yeah, I'll give it a whirl. :biggrin: ( I don't think it's really suitable for yes/no type of questions though. I think it's more suitable for general type readings on love, career, etc. But I'm still game if you've got a question).

tealily 01-01-2019 04:12 AM

Yeah this is why I've never used it heavily nor recommended it to beginners - because it says a lot of contextual stuff but isn't as straightforward as other spreads :D I think I'm at a time in my tarot life though where I want to challenge myself to see if I can make it work though. Or how I'll end up modifying it in a way that suits me. Haha!

And sure, let's play -

Next reading for tealily
Q: General career outlook for 2019?

Pandora. 02-01-2019 05:57 AM

Happy New Year by the way!

Yes, I thought you would know what the CC is used for but thought I'd put my bit in to warn off yes/no questions from others who may not be that familiar with the idea of the CC.

Anyway, off we go then.

So as requested, I based the spread on general career outlook for this year. Just to warn you, I may jump around a bit, as things become apparent further on. I'm not used to dealing with this spread, so I'll just add bits as I see them come up. So if it's a bit disjointed, that's why.

The Magician reversed took place in first position, crossed with the 5 of Pentacles. As you probably know, first position is what's going on now, and the card crossing is the challenge, obstacle or problem that has a bearing on the situation.

The Magician reversed feels like a connection is lost at the moment. You've got everything you need, yet something seems to be missing. There's a couple of things that stand out for me here - somehow everything seems rushed, like you're trying to cram too much stuff in and you've lost the magic or mojo. It's like you're determined to make it work but there's the feeling that you need to relax and get back to enjoying what you're doing.

The other thing that stands out is how cramped everything seems. Everything feels a bit chaotic like you're making do instead of clearing away other things to make more room for what you're trying to manifest. A bit like having a really messy desk and you get in a tizzy (generally as a metaphor, not you personally). Like when you can't find stuff but rather than clearing your desk to make it easier to work, you leave it and carry on making do, even though it's not ideal. So it feels like you're trying to rush through things to fit everything in and then lose your passion because it all becomes a bit of a chore, almost trying to force things but it's not bringing the results you want.

The 5 of Pentacles speaks of a lack of something and given The Magician, it seems on some level there's lack of spiritual connection. There's an important aspect you're ignoring. You're trying to support and help people but there's something missing that's affecting your abilities. Not sure if that makes sense given the rest of the reading, but I'll leave it at that for the moment.

Then we have the past which was The Lovers. This card is indicating that you really loved what you did, a decision to help and guide people was something that you felt was right and you got a lot out of it. But this card being next to the challenge of the 5 of Pentacles, feels like it's morphed into the 5 of Pentacles, and it's all become a struggle. The angel in The Lovers really supported and guided, but the 5 of Pentacles goes back to ignoring a spiritual aspect. In this deck (Llewellyn), there's two people in the 5 of Pentacles which shows a woman guiding, helping and supporting a man. They walk straight past the beautiful, bright stained glass without even a look. It's like the angel in The Lovers was "in your face" but now there's just a stained glass window that you don't notice. Somehow this card feels connected to The Lovers, a bit like when The Lovers changes to The Devil. Everything was great, but now it's not so wonderful, it just feels like hard work.

The Ace of Swords comes up for the near future position (the next couple of weeks to a month or so). This looks like you'll get a grip on what you need to do to achieve the outcome you want. Although this card is just a start in the right direction (providing the challenge is taken on and obstacles are overcome), this card definitely has the potential to head in the right direction and make some positive changes. As you would know, the Aces are about opportunities, potential, gifts etc, but you have to act on them to get anything out of them. If you just sit back looking at them, they disappear and you miss out on the advantages.

We have another sword card - the Queen of Swords - in the position of Conscious or Above. In the spread I'm using, this is seen as what you want to achieve or the best sort of outcome. It looks like you're working towards victory that could come from the Ace of Swords, by using your powers of perception and discernment to cut what you don't need to pursue what you do. Although this card seems at odds with the spiritual inclination of The Magician, the 5 of Pentacles and The Lovers, it indicates that you both know where you want to be and further, the steps you need to undertake to get there. By divorcing yourself from the overly emotional aspects, you're in a better position to make the right decisions.

The Fool takes the position of below, which is essentially the subconscious and can reveal what's really underlying the situation, or what is really driving you or the root of the situation. From this card, it appears you have a desire to start anew, having a spontaneous, carefree attitude where you're free from restraints and conventions to take a flying leap and just be.

I found this quite interesting, as it's so at odds with the Queen of Swords in the conscious realm.

The next card is the 3 of Pentacles reversed in the position of Advice. Whilst on the surface this card could be indicating the need to let go of some aspect of your work, I wonder if being reversed is pointing to the need for you to focus on some self-care, or personal development. The Tarot being as insightful as it is, this could be indicating the need to let go of something that isn't currently working for you, in favour of working on yourself, building a firmer foundation and getting rid of people or situations in your life who no longer serve you. Perhaps too there's an element of self-criticism that needs to be addressed that is potentially hampering your efforts to be where you want to be.

The next two cards are both 5's, which shows a level of conflict and changes in the works.

External influences that will affect the ultimate outcome is the 5 of Swords indicating a period of loss and defeat and unfair advantages which may cause problems. This is a particularly troublesome card that can indicate anything from workplace bullying and arguments to detrimental changes borne from intimidation and a need to succeed at whatever cost.

The 5 of Wands in the position of hopes and fear brings to mind the desire to be able to gain some control over a situation that has fallen into disarray. There seems to be a distinct lack of teamwork with this card with the need for someone to "step up".

The overall outcome is the 3 of Swords reversed which may point to a healing of sorts, or not feeling as disappointed after a feeling of betrayal, possibly linked to the 5 of Swords. Although not the best outcome for a career reading, it does indicate some improvements on the horizon possibly derived from the Queen of Swords and the Ace of Swords overcoming the 5 of Swords.

The reading seemed a bit fractured. When we look at the conscious and subconscious, as already mentioned, they couldn't be much further apart, which makes me feel that there's an internal battle between head and heart, which could also have some impact on the 5 of Wands, though it does seem more a case of competition, or who's got the biggest stick, there may also be some internal conflict there.

I also wonder if The Fool in the subconscious position may be influential with the 5 of Wands causing some inner conflict as well. On the one hand you long for The Fool but on the other, you have a need to be the Queen of Swords.

There also seems to be a link with the 3 of Pentacles reversed and the 3 of Swords reversed. 3's can generally mean groups of people and the nature of the swords and the 3 of Pentacles being reversed points to problems in the workplace, or more specifically, problems in a group situation, possibly with some sort of betrayal that's occurred or some harsh words being spoken.

With The Magician reversed, it may be necessary to rethink your overall direction and try to move past the 5's to once again find the happiness and fulfilment of The Lovers and the excitement and fun loving attitude of The Fool.

Looking at the spread (I'll try and manage to get a picture in later so you can physically see it), there are three out of four 5's, which is quite significant. As you probably know, 5's generally indicate changes and conflicts, so that may be worth bearing in mind.

There's also a high number of Swords for the number of cards in the spread - four out of ten cards is also fairly significant in my opinion, and may support the 5's in the sense of general conflict and difficulties that need to be attended to.

And there's a lack of cups, in fact, none at all, which may be worth noting. I would have thought there would be at least one. The lack of cups seems to point to a lack of balance, things being out of kilter.

I also note that there are only two pentacles, which for a career reading is fairly low - one of which is a relatively negative card (the 5 of Pentacles) and the other being reversed, which tends to point to some effort needed to make some improvements in your career outlook over the year.

Looking again at The combo of The Magician reversed, the 5 of Pentacles and The Lovers, I wonder because they are so different from the rest of the reading, whether they support a different job altogether, or if you simply feel you've been (cliche I know) "left out in the cold" and lost a level of power you had previously. In any case, I think you would really love to get that Lovers feeling back again and adopt a more Fool outlook to bring some joy into your work life.

There wasn't any major indication as far as making money per se, changing jobs any other significant aspect along those lines, rather the reading seemed to indicate the importance of fixing what's not working for you.

It will be interesting to see what you think. As I say, it seems a bit fractured, so I'd be curious to know what it all means for you. :)

Pandora. 02-01-2019 06:23 AM

Can't remember how to add pictures, it's been so long since I've done any. If it works, it's the CC for tealily. You have to click on the link - I couldn't get it reduced to a reasonable size.

https://i.imgur.com/3aAwK2M.jpg?1

Next reading for Pandora: General Reading for home/domestic situation.

tealily 02-01-2019 07:22 AM

Thank you so much for this reading - I was thoroughly impressed. Gotta say this for the CC - when you get it right, it's incredibly impressive due to the breadth of information that comes through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora.
The Magician reversed feels like a connection is lost at the moment. You've got everything you need, yet something seems to be missing. There's a couple of things that stand out for me here - somehow everything seems rushed, like you're trying to cram too much stuff in and you've lost the magic or mojo. It's like you're determined to make it work but there's the feeling that you need to relax and get back to enjoying what you're doing.

The other thing that stands out is how cramped everything seems. Everything feels a bit chaotic like you're making do instead of clearing away other things to make more room for what you're trying to manifest. A bit like having a really messy desk and you get in a tizzy (generally as a metaphor, not you personally). Like when you can't find stuff but rather than clearing your desk to make it easier to work, you leave it and carry on making do, even though it's not ideal. So it feels like you're trying to rush through things to fit everything in and then lose your passion because it all becomes a bit of a chore, almost trying to force things but it's not bringing the results you want.

Yup, this. I knew going into my job change halfway through last year that it was going to be a more-than-desirable stretch; if anything I was impressed that I staved off burnout as long as I did. The original plan was to try to grow one of my jobs enough to leave one of the other jobs, but then things didn't quite work out as planned so I'm still part-time across two workplaces, with my tarot stuff on the side.

The desk stuff really rings true though - my home study/desk is notorious for going through stages of cleanliness and 'bomb site'. I have a close friend that almost falls off her chair laughing every time we skype, citing it as 'an OH&S hazard' when it's bad hahaha.

Quote:

The 5 of Pentacles speaks of a lack of something and given The Magician, it seems on some level there's lack of spiritual connection. There's an important aspect you're ignoring. You're trying to support and help people but there's something missing that's affecting your abilities. Not sure if that makes sense given the rest of the reading, but I'll leave it at that for the moment.
I'd be guessing if this is a general level of burnout/disillusionment with my industry; we have a terrible burnout/dropout rate due to the high 'cost' of the career. Like most other industries, the people at the top are frequently men as the women usually end up going part-time to start a family/take over as primary childcarer. I don't have children yet, but I'm very aware that my current professional demands make it difficult to 'life' - as part of my induction to my first industry job, I was warned it'd be very hard to date or sustain a relationship.

Quote:

Then we have the past which was The Lovers. This card is indicating that you really loved what you did, a decision to help and guide people was something that you felt was right and you got a lot out of it. But this card being next to the challenge of the 5 of Pentacles, feels like it's morphed into the 5 of Pentacles, and it's all become a struggle. The angel in The Lovers really supported and guided, but the 5 of Pentacles goes back to ignoring a spiritual aspect. In this deck (Llewellyn), there's two people in the 5 of Pentacles which shows a woman guiding, helping and supporting a man. They walk straight past the beautiful, bright stained glass without even a look. It's like the angel in The Lovers was "in your face" but now there's just a stained glass window that you don't notice. Somehow this card feels connected to The Lovers, a bit like when The Lovers changes to The Devil. Everything was great, but now it's not so wonderful, it just feels like hard work.
Yup! I definitely do some exciting things and LOVE some aspects of my job, but the 'life' cost is pretty high. You can only go so far before the shine wears off.

Quote:

The Ace of Swords comes up for the near future position (the next couple of weeks to a month or so). This looks like you'll get a grip on what you need to do to achieve the outcome you want. Although this card is just a start in the right direction (providing the challenge is taken on and obstacles are overcome), this card definitely has the potential to head in the right direction and make some positive changes. As you would know, the Aces are about opportunities, potential, gifts etc, but you have to act on them to get anything out of them. If you just sit back looking at them, they disappear and you miss out on the advantages.
Yup, this is the plan. As in, I don't actually have a plan yet, but the intention to find a serious solution is a biggie on my list - I'd like to make my next sea-change (or semi-sea change, whatever) within the next 1-2 years. Part of this is to 'life' a lot more while I still have the health to do anything I want.

Quote:

We have another sword card - the Queen of Swords - in the position of Conscious or Above. In the spread I'm using, this is seen as what you want to achieve or the best sort of outcome. It looks like you're working towards victory that could come from the Ace of Swords, by using your powers of perception and discernment to cut what you don't need to pursue what you do. Although this card seems at odds with the spiritual inclination of The Magician, the 5 of Pentacles and The Lovers, it indicates that you both know where you want to be and further, the steps you need to undertake to get there. By divorcing yourself from the overly emotional aspects, you're in a better position to make the right decisions.

The Fool takes the position of below, which is essentially the subconscious and can reveal what's really underlying the situation, or what is really driving you or the root of the situation. From this card, it appears you have a desire to start anew, having a spontaneous, carefree attitude where you're free from restraints and conventions to take a flying leap and just be.

I found this quite interesting, as it's so at odds with the Queen of Swords in the conscious realm.

BOLDED TEXT, THIS THIS THIS! I was literally saying the same thing to my closest friend (in slightly different words) just a few nights ago. I love what I do but feel terribly bounded by the restrictions - I want to regain the freedom in life to do whatever I want. I've given ten years to working my butt off, and I think that's long enough :)

At the same time there's still that stupid high-achiever within me that wants to accomplish huge things and do honour to the years - literally years - I spent studying and/or working my butt off to get where I am today. I feel the burn any time one of my colleagues does something amazing and posts it up on facebook/linkedin; but at the same time I've started asking myself if I try hard because I love it, or because for so long, it's just been the thing I've conditioned myself to do. I'd been thinking deeply on what true happiness and life fulfillment is for the past few months.

Quote:

The next card is the 3 of Pentacles reversed in the position of Advice. Whilst on the surface this card could be indicating the need to let go of some aspect of your work, I wonder if being reversed is pointing to the need for you to focus on some self-care, or personal development. The Tarot being as insightful as it is, this could be indicating the need to let go of something that isn't currently working for you, in favour of working on yourself, building a firmer foundation and getting rid of people or situations in your life who no longer serve you. Perhaps too there's an element of self-criticism that needs to be addressed that is potentially hampering your efforts to be where you want to be.
So many things to let go or put boundaries up on. Some of this is natural progression; the nature of starting at a new service-based job or building up clientele means being 'on call' a lot more than other people, or putting up with unprofessionalism from other colleagues (more on that below) as par for the course. We're at the point now where I've just started putting more boundaries and there will likely be more of this in the future, particularly if the tarot biz continues to grow.

I'm also very much looking at moving out of one of my day jobs, just bit torn on which, and when. It's not an easy decision so you're completely right when you pick up on all the conflict in your next cards.

Quote:

The next two cards are both 5's, which shows a level of conflict and changes in the works.

External influences that will affect the ultimate outcome is the 5 of Swords indicating a period of loss and defeat and unfair advantages which may cause problems. This is a particularly troublesome card that can indicate anything from workplace bullying and arguments to detrimental changes borne from intimidation and a need to succeed at whatever cost.
This, my god. One of the receptionists at one of the places I work at is tremendously unprofessional, but for complex reasons the boss has kept them on. As a friend has pointed out, it's fortunate that I'm in the better position as she's just a receptionist, but it's still very frustrating.

If the reception staff at that clinic was as good as at my other one, my professional decisions would be a no-brainer. As it is, I can only view it as a sign from the universe I'm not meant to transition to this job full-time, and there's something better in store I'm meant to find.

Quote:

The 5 of Wands in the position of hopes and fear brings to mind the desire to be able to gain some control over a situation that has fallen into disarray. There seems to be a distinct lack of teamwork with this card with the need for someone to "step up".
HA! As above. This receptionist has got to go, but I'm worried the boss will keep her on for a while (complex reasons).

Quote:

The overall outcome is the 3 of Swords reversed which may point to a healing of sorts, or not feeling as disappointed after a feeling of betrayal, possibly linked to the 5 of Swords. Although not the best outcome for a career reading, it does indicate some improvements on the horizon possibly derived from the Queen of Swords and the Ace of Swords overcoming the 5 of Swords.

The reading seemed a bit fractured. When we look at the conscious and subconscious, as already mentioned, they couldn't be much further apart, which makes me feel that there's an internal battle between head and heart, which could also have some impact on the 5 of Wands, though it does seem more a case of competition, or who's got the biggest stick, there may also be some internal conflict there.

I also wonder if The Fool in the subconscious position may be influential with the 5 of Wands causing some inner conflict as well. On the one hand you long for The Fool but on the other, you have a need to be the Queen of Swords.
Bingo - I fought to be the 'QoS', but am now sick of the effort-ing and want to go back to the Fool. There's a third solution - I can seek some independent work that fulfills some of the QoS needs, and still leave the clinic I find frustrating - eventually. Some of the work experience there is very valuable though. I'd be an idiot to walk away from that too easily.

Quote:

There also seems to be a link with the 3 of Pentacles reversed and the 3 of Swords reversed. 3's can generally mean groups of people and the nature of the swords and the 3 of Pentacles being reversed points to problems in the workplace, or more specifically, problems in a group situation, possibly with some sort of betrayal that's occurred or some harsh words being spoken.
Yup, still bang on with respect to one of my workplaces and the unprofessional/incompetent receptionist.

Quote:

With The Magician reversed, it may be necessary to rethink your overall direction and try to move past the 5's to once again find the happiness and fulfilment of The Lovers and the excitement and fun loving attitude of The Fool.
I wholeheartedly agree!

Quote:

Looking at the spread (I'll try and manage to get a picture in later so you can physically see it), there are three out of four 5's, which is quite significant. As you probably know, 5's generally indicate changes and conflicts, so that may be worth bearing in mind.

There's also a high number of Swords for the number of cards in the spread - four out of ten cards is also fairly significant in my opinion, and may support the 5's in the sense of general conflict and difficulties that need to be attended to.

And there's a lack of cups, in fact, none at all, which may be worth noting. I would have thought there would be at least one. The lack of cups seems to point to a lack of balance, things being out of kilter.
Yup, this. The phrase "I ain't paid enough for this s***" comes to mind sometimes, hahaha. And then other times it's brilliant and I can't express enough gratitude for how lucky I am to get to do some of what I do. The peaks are high, the troughs are low.

Quote:

I also note that there are only two pentacles, which for a career reading is fairly low - one of which is a relatively negative card (the 5 of Pentacles) and the other being reversed, which tends to point to some effort needed to make some improvements in your career outlook over the year.
Sigh, I know. I definitely want to "edit the script" for 2019, so to speak.

Quote:

Looking again at The combo of The Magician reversed, the 5 of Pentacles and The Lovers, I wonder because they are so different from the rest of the reading, whether they support a different job altogether, or if you simply feel you've been (cliche I know) "left out in the cold" and lost a level of power you had previously. In any case, I think you would really love to get that Lovers feeling back again and adopt a more Fool outlook to bring some joy into your work life.

There wasn't any major indication as far as making money per se, changing jobs any other significant aspect along those lines, rather the reading seemed to indicate the importance of fixing what's not working for you.

It will be interesting to see what you think. As I say, it seems a bit fractured, so I'd be curious to know what it all means for you. :)
I do feel a bit 'left out in the cold' with respect to one of the workplaces - I love that boss, but am disappointed he's not addressed things further with the receptionist. I do acknowledge though it's a very complex situation (happy to tell you further via pm if you're burning of curiousity) so from a human point of view, he's also trying to juggle the decision that lets him sleep better at night. He's smart enough to know I'm frustrated but there are significant professional development opportunities that will keep me here a while longer unless a significantly shinier job opportunity comes up; and there's a small chance of that, but less likely.

There's also a bit of resentment towards the professional generally, in that it asks so much... just so much.

I'm very aware things need to shift; since Dec 2018 I've started focusing less at the above clinic (let's call it Clinic B) and more on my side hustles. I don't know if the side hustle will earn enough money in 2019 to justify leaving Clinic B, but at the very least if it eases the financial strain, that'll take one more stress off my plate. It's always easier to make big moves when you're in a strong financial position, so that's one of my big goals for 2019.

----------

Said with pride as one of your practice partners - you were always a bright spark, but your skills have come such a long way. If you ever want to go pro (skills-wise, you're ready), hit me up and we can chat about how/where you can start making a little money on the side from home :)

Next reading for Pandora: General Reading for home/domestic situation.
(I'll get onto your reading later tonight)

tealily 02-01-2019 04:35 PM

So I tend to use The Tarot Lady's CC guide (I'm not allowed to post a link, but easily google-able). I also tend to get frustrated with the CC in general and tend to add cards, but will try not to do that here!

Reading for Pandora: General Reading for home/domestic situation

Oh god, I say no modifications, and I've just modified things. HAHA!

Starting with you, I get a sense of "I'm done with this and ready for the next stage! I'm irritated that it's taking so long and is so involved!" (King of Cups reversed). On the plus side, there seems to be a fun family aspect to where you currently are or how things are currently proceeding, so it's not all hectic frustration (10 of Cups).

What's behind you is a period where you made a decision which was freeing for you (8 of Swords reversed); a decision that may have appeared as a solution after a long period of trying to problem-solve. What's ahead of you seems to be some more big decisions; Judgement comes through as a major change card here. Were you still planning on selling your house?

Thematically, your current domestic situation may have initially come about with some emotional beginnings - I feel like I know a little too much about you here, but examples include purchasing property with a partner and/or deciding to purchase a property to have children in (Page of Cups). Where you're moving to is a "okay, and what shall I do in the next chapter of my life?" zone (Page of Pentacles). What I like about this card is that it's very non-reactive and very practical. It's also heralding that you're moving into a different life stage, with all kinds of new lessons, experiences, and memories to be gained ahead of you.

The energy around you at this time feels a bit deflated - you may feel as if you're bone-tired at times (10 of Swords). You may also fear at times that you don't have the energy to continue (10 of Wands reversed) but I want to acknowledge this is more of a fear rather than fact. One of the things that may be bringing challenge into the situation is this sense that you're having to do everything by yourself (5 of Swords rev); I'm seeing other people in the picture, but they don't seem to be helping out much!

Likely outcome vs Advice card: Pisces and I have talked about this before. Her way - which I've adopted - is to interpret this as an advice card, because otherwise the entire spread goes by with no bloody guidance offered haha. 3 of Swords reversed comes up here - some of the tiredness and exhaustion you feel at times may be related to your emotions. Just something to consider when you're feeling at your limit next time - try some self-care as this may be what you really need instead :)

Next reading for tealily:
Gah, shall I dare it? I'll dare it. Hit me up with a CC regarding love relationships :)
(I'm trying to talk myself into giving dating another crack this year)

Pandora. 02-01-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tealily
So I tend to use The Tarot Lady's CC guide (I'm not allowed to post a link, but easily google-able). I also tend to get frustrated with the CC in general and tend to add cards, but will try not to do that here!

Reading for Pandora: General Reading for home/domestic situation

Oh god, I say no modifications, and I've just modified things. HAHA!

Starting with you, I get a sense of "I'm done with this and ready for the next stage! I'm irritated that it's taking so long and is so involved!" (King of Cups reversed). On the plus side, there seems to be a fun family aspect to where you currently are or how things are currently proceeding, so it's not all hectic frustration (10 of Cups).

Yep, this is pretty spot on. I'm soooooo fed up. I sold the house and am currently sleeping in a caravan at a property that my son and his girlfriend rented.

What's behind you is a period where you made a decision which was freeing for you (8 of Swords reversed); a decision that may have appeared as a solution after a long period of trying to problem-solve. What's ahead of you seems to be some more big decisions; Judgement comes through as a major change card here. Were you still planning on selling your house?

This is spot on too. I've just found a house that I think I'm going to purchase after 4 months of trying to find a suitable place to buy. It's a big risk as I haven't actually physically seen the house (it's about 8 hours drive from where I am). I'm waiting for the solicitor to get back on 7 January after closing down over Christmas/New Year to run some checks and searches before putting a deposit down.

Thematically, your current domestic situation may have initially come about with some emotional beginnings - I feel like I know a little too much about you here, but examples include purchasing property with a partner and/or deciding to purchase a property to have children in (Page of Cups). Where you're moving to is a "okay, and what shall I do in the next chapter of my life?" zone (Page of Pentacles). What I like about this card is that it's very non-reactive and very practical. It's also heralding that you're moving into a different life stage, with all kinds of new lessons, experiences, and memories to be gained ahead of you.

Yeah, you're not wrong there! I'm purchasing a place so my son and girlfriend can move with me. They want to start a family (not straight away but in the future) and want me to be around their kids, babysitting etc. In my darkest hours, my son used to use this to keep me going, to give me something to look forward to and to help me feel useful and important in their lives.

The energy around you at this time feels a bit deflated - you may feel as if you're bone-tired at times (10 of Swords). You may also fear at times that you don't have the energy to continue (10 of Wands reversed) but I want to acknowledge this is more of a fear rather than fact. One of the things that may be bringing challenge into the situation is this sense that you're having to do everything by yourself (5 of Swords rev); I'm seeing other people in the picture, but they don't seem to be helping out much!

Yes, definitely 10 of Swords, though it had started to reverse lately. I'm a bit at odds at the moment because my son and girlfriend both work so I end up doing most of the housework etc. I initially liked this arrangement as it gave me some purpose but now I'm starting to get fed up with it.

Likely outcome vs Advice card: Pisces and I have talked about this before. Her way - which I've adopted - is to interpret this as an advice card, because otherwise the entire spread goes by with no bloody guidance offered haha. 3 of Swords reversed comes up here - some of the tiredness and exhaustion you feel at times may be related to your emotions. Just something to consider when you're feeling at your limit next time - try some self-care as this may be what you really need instead :)

Hahahaha. I can relate to this pretty well. I had some other major episodes that happened a few months ago which brought some really devastating heartbreak. So the 3 of Swords reversed I think indicates to some healing.

Next reading for tealily:
Gah, shall I dare it? I'll dare it. Hit me up with a CC regarding love relationships :)
(I'm trying to talk myself into giving dating another crack this year)

Thanks for a brilliant reading (as always!). I'll do yours later if no-one else chimes in.

Pandora. 03-01-2019 03:33 AM

Oh well. No-one else seems to have stepped up to have a go, so I'll do the next one for tealily. I'm really enjoying this thread, as it gives me an opportunity to try out different versions to ascertain which I may prefer.

So based on love relationships for 2019 ...

The first two positions were The Hanged Man reversed crossed by the Knight of Wands.

The Hanged Man reversed feels like feeling tied down to other things. This could be more like an excuse card, "I'm too busy", "I don't have the time". Maybe a bit of a martyr thing going on here, feeling that you're too busy sacrificing your time and energy keeping you out of the ballpark, yet inner knowing that you can free yourself and make the time and effort to start putting yourself out there.

The Knight of Wands is a very action orientate card - he's passionate and exciting and loves nothing more than a quest to alight his passion (notice I said HIS passion). However, he's an in and out type of guy, which makes me wonder if you're hesitant to get back on the horse and have to deal with men who like to wave their wand around and have to put up with men who exude the Knight of Wands energy - here one day and gone the next. A bit like an exciting night of passion which just turns out to be a one night stand and doesn't develop into anything lasting or worthwhile. This card reminds me of Tarzan - and hence men who like puffing out their chests to make them stand out more to attract a sexual mate.

We next move to Unconscious which is the 5 of Wands reversed. In this instance, I feel this is coming up as an inner fear. You're not enthralled with the dating scene, all the competition and having to put up with men trying to prove they've got the biggest stick. Trying to discern between genuine contenders and all the men who are only after one thing really puts you off and makes you feel it's all just too much work. Given the competition nature of this card generally, I also wonder if men find you superior in some way and feel they can't compare or have to really go the yard to prove their worth. In any case, I think this card links well with the Knight of Wands energy generally as men who like to think they're God's gift.

For the past we have the 8 of Pentacles reversed, which feels like you've been doing some work on an internal level to try and rediscover your passion which is now leading to The Hanged Man reversed - wanting a shift from being in the Hanged Man mode.

There's actually a few different things that come up here. It could also indicate you're now in a better position to put things on the back burner to have more inclination to start exploring dating possibilities, but given The Hanged Man, I feel there's been a fair bit of soul searching trying to work out what you want and how to get it to bring more fulfilment in your life, though you're still holding back.

The 8 of Pentacles reversed could also point to having put a great deal of work into a past relationship which didn't work out and now not relishing the thought of developing a lot of time and work into a relationship in case it turns out to be a dud.

For Conscious, Temperance indicates you really want to find a good balance in your life. Ideally you'd like a relationship that fits in and is adaptable to your current lifestyle and commitments. You don't want someone who is going to consume your every minute, who may be too possessive or demanding and who is prepared to put in the work to establish a solid relationship. It's almost like you've got a recipe for who you'd like to be your perfect mate.

For the future we get the 10 of Cups. This feels like the drought may have broken in the sense that you may be more open to fulfilling opportunities and possibilities.

Given the remainder of the spread, I don't see this as a happily ever after card, but rather a shift in your perspective, again linked back to The Hanged Man reversed. You realise there may be openings for you if you choose to take them. I also see this as a realisation that you really do have a lot to be happy about, as this card to me also indicates happy family and community relationships and the realisation of what a fulfilling relationship means to you. However, this may simply be someone who looks promising that you consider, who seems to have the family orientated type of qualities that are balanced (which I get from Temperance and the fact there are two children in the 10 of Cups - one boy and one girl - a nice balance and what everyone seems to want).

The Ace of Cups reversed appeared for the position of how you see yourself. This makes me think that you're nursing some previous issues which has caused a block emotionally. There's some issues you need to work through, forgiving others but most importantly, forgiving yourself. Once you get your heart chakra flowing again, you'll be in a better position to be able to welcome love into your life. This card feels like you're more likely to turn down opportunities if they present themselves for a host of reasons supported by the cards in the cross section of the spread - too good to be true, too much work, not really what you think you want, too arrogant, too cocky, etc.

Ace of Wands showed up for External Environment and is telling me your friends want you to just go for it. They see the potential for you to let your hair down and to find more passion and excitement in your life, encouraging you to embrace more opportunities and shake things up a bit. They may even secretly (or not so secretly) want to see you get laid.

The advice card was the 4 of Pentacles. This seems to indicate you should hold on to what you value and what is dear to your heart. Focus on continuing to build security and stability in your life and don't compromise on your values and beliefs.

The key is to continue to build a solid foundation by concentrating on what is important to you, even if it may make you feel a bit alienated or isolated because you aren't in the "perfect" relationship with someone. By having a strong core, and keeping your head firmly on your shoulders, you'll be in a better position in the future to unlock potential fulfilment from a relationship.

For the outcome/future possibilities the Knight of Cups reversed shows his face. I feel this indicates that you will have opportunities however, you'll be more inclined to dismiss them and focus on other areas of your life - possibly because of the Ace of Cups reversed holding you back, as well as the Knight of Wands and the 5 of Wands reversed - just not wanting to get caught up or have to deal with men that don't appeal.

The conscious and unconscious aspects are reiterating that you really don't want the hassle of a relationship at present and simply can't be bothered with all the baggage that comes with the territory when trying to find a partner.

When we look at the 10 of Cups and the Knight of Cups reversed, I get the impression that you're not the type of woman who favours getting lost in idyllic dreams and fantasies and would rather something more solid. Temperance and the 4 of Pentacles are lined up indicating you opt for more balance and groundedness, preferring the tangible as opposed to the unrealistic.

Looking at all the three cup cards together, it appears you are realistic as to what you want and aren't quite ready yet but I don't think this really worries you that much, as you have a solid grasp on reality and know what you want and what direction you want to go in.

Your friends may want you to enjoy the passionate side of life more but I think you'll stick with a more reliable approach as opposed to a risky approach, just for the sake of a bit of excitement.

Interestingly, there weren't any Swords at all in this reading, which generally speaking, I tend to associate with conflict and difficulties. So this is reassuring that you won't have any major romantic disasters or any adverse negativity.

It's also interesting to note that you had two Knights in this reading. Looking over the spread again, I feel there is going to be something that will be offered to you but you're going to turn it down. You may feel it's not what it's cracked up to be, or you don't want to get caught getting lost in your emotions, for fear of something not working out.

I drew a couple of cards from oracle decks I recently got, just for the fun of it.

I drew "New Love" and "Regeneration" reversed.

I wonder if this is indicating that you will indeed have an opportunity some time this year. I don't think the "New Love" indicates a soul partner type of affair, but it may be you meet someone who stirs you or that you are interested in.

Regeneration reversed indicates a new opportunity but it focuses on the need to let go of something before the new opportunity can be realised.

Not sure if those cards tie in with the reading all that well, unless we look again at the Ace of Cups reversed as far as needing to get rid of some blockage.

New Love may have a link to the 10 of Cups and the Knight of Cups reversed. Perhaps you'll meet someone who stirs that 10 of Cups feelings but dismiss it with the Knight of Cups reversed.

Not too sure if that reading was much help, but hopefully it highlights some things that may give cause for pause. :)

Next reading for Pandora:
I'll follow tealily's lead, though not for romance. General relationship reading for 2019.

Pandora. 03-01-2019 03:41 AM

Photos for reading above ^

https://i.imgur.com/y9lNE1Z.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/f3xznMU.jpg?1

Sorry some of the pics got cut off. Can't be stuffed trying it again, so you'll just have to use your imagination :)