Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   you want you get want (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119518)

open2it 28-12-2017 09:22 PM

you want you get want

Most people don't understand how to pray or how to do affirmations. If you are affirming you lack something then you get more of what you lack. Because your attention and thought in your affirmation is on your present position or condition you are just calling more of it into your life.
Instead of saying I need ........{fill in the blank}in my life say I accept ........ into my life and I have such joy as I experience ....... in my life. Visualize your smile and your happy dance.

Some will take thought that they have no idea how to bring .........into manifestation. Well the good thing is you don't have to figure out how to bring.........into your life. There is something. whatever you want to call it, that takes your thoughts and manifests them. What we need to understand is we write the book and we are the orator of our life but we are not the total actions causing it to be played out with precision into manifestation. Perhaps we should also affirm right now we are openly accepting our good. Again visualize your happy dance.

Here is an interesting video that I thought gives much insight into having instead of continually needing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9ccOXff5o

Lorelyen 29-12-2017 11:37 AM

Any non-understanding partly comes down to Affirmations turning almost into an industry, another chance for people to write books, web articles or make movies about it. Confusions arise - too many words. People successful in their fields affirm naturally.

Fact is, such "rules" or methods could be got onto a sheet of paper with maybe some guidance with visualisation (if appropriate) on another. It isn't complicated - that's the whole point. Affirmations should be doable anywhere, anytime a few moments allow.

The three pitfalls are seekers being impractical, losing motivation when results aren't imminent, and searching around for results rather than just let them happen and note when they do.

I have to admit I abandoned the video almost at once. This "You create your reality" came up as the title... well, pretty obvious, that - but then underneath "What God told me about the law of attraction," buttoned it up for me. It's one of the problems of New Agey stuff, too comparmentalised and yet creeps about from subject to subject. The law of attraction (that I think is basically nonsense) is quite different from Affirmation...hence the confusion I spoke of in the opening of this comment.

Universal.Vibe 29-12-2017 01:57 PM

This makes a lot of sense.
But how can you stop wanting for something you lack?
Its a catch 22

I guess its a slow process of being grateful what what you have and cultivating it over time until what you lack becomes a surplus?

But you still need desire to cultivate it right?

Lorelyen 29-12-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe
This makes a lot of sense.
But how can you stop wanting for something you lack?
Its a catch 22

I guess its a slow process of being grateful what what you have and cultivating it over time until what you lack becomes a surplus?

But you still need desire to cultivate it right?

I must admit I found this a nonsense:
Quote:

....If you are affirming you lack something then you get more of what you lack. Because your attention and thought in your affirmation is on your present position or condition you are just calling more of it into your life.
I mean, who would affirm something they lack? As in, for example, "I will lack money," while I admit that if you don't want something you can always affirm that you won't get it. There's nothing wrong with that. But "lack" usually means something one would like to have. Hence confusion that arises from over complication of a simple principle mainly through too much waffle.

Affirmations work. They've featured strong in my line. They won't work if
- they look back to the past
- they're impractical (and that can include putting a time limit on target results)
- there's anything in opposition in the affirmation itself.
- they're too complicated (e.g. several aims in the same affirmation. "I will have money, sweeties, and win Strictly Come Dancing.")
- they're repeated infrequently or half-heartedly.

The main idea of affirmations is to drill them into your subconscious so they start to alter your behaviour in various ways (including building up single-mindedness). Successful people don't need to do this as it's part of their drive.

open2it 29-12-2017 05:58 PM

You are right we continue to affirm till it manifests but if the manifestation doesn't come or we are still experiencing what we don't want then we should perhaps look at our affirmation wording. What is the wording giving attention{power} to? Is the wording ok but we aren't accepting it?
Watch the video and maybe you will see what you are calling nonsense makes total sense. People have trouble doing affirmations because their thought is, but that isn't true in my life. While they are making the affirmations their thought is more attentive to how the affirmation is not true than that they are setting the power into action and just letting it go.
Until we can say Amen or thank you at the end and mean it whole heartedly then possibly all the affirmation did was keep us where we stand.
If we don't accept something then we can not take possession of it. Like you said if we keep our attention on what we are don't want, our present/past, then we are the pillar of salt preserving that which we want to escape from.

If we are having a problem manifesting a change of ..........in our lives then perhaps our changing our affirmation to I ACCEPT ......INTO MY LIFE NOW. Or perhaps maybe I am feeling/enjoying the happiness from having .......in my life.

The tongue is a double edged sword it can cut both ways. That which is hearing our thoughts or words is totally subjective and works with what we give power{attention} to. The only difference between black magik and white magik is the use of the universal power.

Your saying " I will have money" is not present tense therefore it is the same as saying "tomorrow I will have money". Well tomorrow never comes. What you are in essence affirming is that right now you don't have enough money. You seem to think this is nonsense but I promise you it is not.

Like in the video it says the power or whatever you want to call it says yes to us because it is subjective. But it says yes to what we affirm. Yes tomorrow you will have money. Tomorrow you will accept it means you are not accepting it today. Believe what you want but we can only have what we accept now.

I was talking to a man that had all the material life he could want and I said something about money for it and he said money is not a problem, just go get more of it. He had a total consciousness of abundance of money. He didn't even have a thought that money could be a problem. You are wrong that weathy people don't do affirmations. Their thoughts are constantly affirming their wealth. There comes the realization of " be in constant prayer". Even a wealthy person can possibly lose it all and many have because they got caught mentally in a temporary downfall that they made snowball. Often wealthy people that lost it all again regain it all when they stop looking/thinking of the loss. They so to speak pour water on the salt and melt the pillar/thought of loss.

Universal.Vibe 29-12-2017 11:44 PM

Intangible affirmations for example "I'm awesome" are easy, just by believing it is already so.

However for physical things its a little more complex because you can't believe what is not true for you right?
But perhaps you could say "I am in the process of getting what I want" because process means it will come, some people might want to add a time limit too but me personally find it easier to believe if it takes as long as it needs to come to fruition.
Like fine wisky?

There is always signs of progress and if there is progress there is only a matter of time before it reaches 100%

Lorelyen 30-12-2017 05:30 PM

I did have a look at some of the video but statements like "everything that you could possibly ask for or want, you have now...//...you're simply not experiencing it." (starts 48" in). Well you can't blame me calling that a nonsense because it simply isn't true except logically: I'm not experiencing it because I haven't got it or had it.

But to claim I already have it is facile. I want to be a famous concert pianist. I have it now? This sounds more like LOA than affirmation. They're different. LOA is highly suspect. Think of it. How do I go about undermining the lack of being concert pianist? Pretend I'm one? And if so how can I do that if I can't play piano? (Things would proceed differently with affirmation, leading to a strategy that would achieve the aim. With LoA the best I can hope for is believe in a pretence.)

LOA might work under certain circumstances but it's no answer to most things. Suppose I tried it. I want to be an eagle. I truly believed I was an eagle; so I leapt out of the upstairs window, flapped my arms a bit (they're wings, really) and, oh cripes, ended up with my head stuck in the water butt and sore.

So if it IS to do with affirmation it's really confused. I watched the video up to about 6'00" when it faded into a new one and affirmation as I learned it wasn't there.

What the guy seemed to be doing was reinforcing doubt. I don't know if that's how they keep the "market" unstable or not but certainly with affirmation you don't need that. You drill the aim into yourself thus overriding doubt.

So it seems best if we agree to disagree about what the video has to say.

Lorelyen 30-12-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

However for physical things its a little more complex because you can't believe what is not true for you right?
But perhaps you could say "I am in the process of getting what I want" because process means it will come, some people might want to add a time limit too but me personally find it easier to believe if it takes as long as it needs to come to fruition.
Like fine wisky?

There is always signs of progress and if there is progress there is only a matter of time before it reaches 100%

This is what affirmations are about. Agreed about not putting a time limit.
I can't gets nothing. I can works wonders. I will works miracles!

Yup, like decent whisky.
:smile:

Universal.Vibe 30-12-2017 06:14 PM

Anything is possible + you reap what you sow
= you can have anything if you work hard at it.
All true statements.

The fine print ofc is that "hard work" part
Nothing worth having ever comes free.
So I guess affirmations don't make your life any easier all they do is raise your own expectations by removing the wall between what you originally thought was possible and what is actually possible.
But that's probably not a big deal since if you're into affirmation you probably had high expectations to begin with.

Lorelyen 30-12-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Anything is possible + you reap what you sow
= you can have anything if you work hard at it.
All true statements.

The fine print ofc is that "hard work" part
Nothing worth having ever comes free.
So I guess affirmations don't make your life any easier all they do is raise your own expectations by removing the wall between what you originally thought was possible and what is actually possible.
But that's probably not a big deal since if you're into affirmation you probably had high expectations to begin with.

As I learned (about) affirmations, they have to be repeated enough to get the aim into your "subconscious" (if you follow the Freudian topology of mind) thus they will start altering attitude, behaviour, plans, in ways subtle and not so subtle, steering toward what's being affirmed. (They have served me, a freelancer, well in that respect.) Hard work? Yes, initially at least, until the act comes acutely habitual then it flows.

All spiritual development takes work and open-mindedness, fearless of one's truth and (I reckon) a critical eye toward what you discover in print or on the inner worlds. Snake oil salespeople abound out there (and a few in there too)!

PS, yes, anything is possible if you accept the concept of infinity. There's an infinite number of peoploids out there typing this exact post right now.

Universal.Vibe 30-12-2017 06:38 PM

What affirmations did you use to help you as a freelancer?

guthrio 14-01-2018 09:54 PM

You want, you get want

Quote:

Originally Posted by open2it
Most people don't understand how to pray or how to do affirmations. If you are affirming you lack something then you get more of what you lack. Because your attention and thought in your affirmation is on your present position or condition you are just calling more of it into your life.
Instead of saying I need ........{fill in the blank}in my life say I accept ........ into my life and I have such joy as I experience ....... in my life. Visualize your smile and your happy dance.

Some will take thought that they have no idea how to bring .........into manifestation. Well the good thing is you don't have to figure out how to bring.........into your life. There is something. whatever you want to call it, that takes your thoughts and manifests them. What we need to understand is we write the book and we are the orator of our life but we are not the total actions causing it to be played out with precision into manifestation. Perhaps we should also affirm right now we are openly accepting our good. Again visualize your happy dance.

Here is an interesting video that I thought gives much insight into having instead of continually needing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9ccOXff5o

Open2It,

This was the 2nd time I saw the Neale Walsh video you referenced. It intrigued me the 1st time, especially after the part where he joked with the folks in the more relaxed setting of someone's home, "....you can't get your money back."

However the 2nd time, this time, I looked at it through the eyes of one who had read the responses to your OP here in SF.

This time, I heard the words to the effect:

"God, or the Universe always says 'yes, that's true'...."
"God does not say no...."
"You already have everything you want now"

....and the like, all of which I happen to agree with, and many of your points, as well.

What I'm filtering these comments through, now, is a nagging suspicion, that something very important in my understanding of this "You want, you get want" way of looking at things, is still missing. This "missing thing" is a blind spot I've been taught NOT to think of, or "see".

The missing thing that skews awareness of the underlying thesis in the title of your post, and in Neale Walsh's discourses (based on his book, "Conversations with God"), and in the majority of the responses to your OP, is the implicit, unacknowledged idea of being "separate" beings, as taught from childhood on....!

Don't you just get the feeling of "separateness" from having what you want, separateness from each other, separateness from God, or the "Universe", separateness from our "true Selves", separateness from the answers we seek, separateness from the past or the future, separateness from our ungovernable subconscious, or WORST of all, separateness from the "ego" that makes everything appear to be separate, etc,......you get the idea?.

It seems to me that the "workarounds" we've fooled ourselves into using to bridge the seemingly "unbridgeable" gap that persistently exists between "Yes, you have it"....and "Yes, you have it, but not yet" come in all sorts of schemes, forms, names, and methods, don't they?

Personally, I think the entire problem is in the underlying basis of the languages we use to re-present the world to ourselves, and what appears to be "everything else". There is a persistent, dualistic, "yes/no", "noun/verb", "subject/object" mechanism built-into the linguistic structures we've adopted to make sense of the world, which fosters and energizes the idea of separation (i.e. me/not-me), wouldn't you agree??

So what's a hungry, lonely, disillusioned, cut-off, separated being to do, huh ???? :icon_eek:

If, Truth be known (and which Science has finally revealed)...nothing is separated into any of the categories we've been erroneously taught to automatically assign!! In learning how to use the "map" of designations by which we navigate the world, from childhood on, we have forgotten that the "map is not the territory". Scientists used to think that time and space were "separate from one another", and had amassed all sorts of evidence to prove it, didn't they? That is, until Einstein came along and proved them utterly wrong, with a "more" correct interpretation of the evidence, right? No different than the corrections to their (and our collective) interpretations have changed what we NOW think of ourselves.

Now, we've come to understand what has been the Truth, all along...while we were blinded by the maps we made....

Now, even post-Einstein, we understand that we are no more separate from the entirety of Creation, than the maps we've built to describe It....are actually Creation, Itself. We've simply conflated the "tools" for the Totality.

Solution? "Understand that YOU are the Territory Itself, not the tools you've been using to describe it from afar."

Then, armed with a clear understanding of immutable Truth, that the Universe always says YES!, no affirmations will ever be expressed as hapless, hopeless whimpers, "You want, you get want"; they will only be expressed as energetic, empowered, certainty: "I always get what I want."

Hope this, and the reference, below helps.

It's a start, if we're open to it!

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...32&postcount=4

open2it 15-01-2018 12:27 AM

guthrio you got it. We are no more possible in truth to separate ourselves from the universe than it is for the universe to separate itself from us.
Check this out and ponder on it. Dictionary description of reality.
1. the qualities of being real, resemblance to an original. 2. all that is real, the real world as distinct from imagination or fantasy, lost his grip on reality.
3. something that exists or that is real, the realities of a situation.................. Notice realities of a situation, it does not say reality of set in stone fact/truth.

Like your mapping of the territory we see the illusion as the reality. What we call being a reality of our life at the present time is merely our vision of what we call reality at the present time. If being in poor health, being poor, being mentally lacking, or you name it was a reality then it could not be replaced in our life experience. Yet we know from experience those things are not actual reality but illusions of our mapping/describing our life at any given time.

A friend of mine got screwed over by a program glitch and she lost any records of her time on the job, therefore she lost those wages. Here is the KICKER, she prior to the incidence had changed her password to "this job sucks". Thank goodness she realized what she claimed as a reality of her job. The tongue is a double edged sword, it cuts both ways. Watch what you use to sharpen it.

As far as it always works when you know what you are doing, nope it works whether you know what you are doing or not. God always says yes, the universe is always totally subjective. It can only say it is manifested as you called it forth.

guthrio 15-01-2018 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by open2it
guthrio you got it. We are no more possible in truth to separate ourselves from the universe than it is for the universe to separate itself from us.
Check this out and ponder on it. Dictionary description of reality.
1. the qualities of being real, resemblance to an original. 2. all that is real, the real world as distinct from imagination or fantasy, lost his grip on reality.
3. something that exists or that is real, the realities of a situation.................. Notice realities of a situation, it does not say reality of set in stone fact/truth.

Like your mapping of the territory we see the illusion as the reality. What we call being a reality of our life at the present time is merely our vision of what we call reality at the present time. If being in poor health, being poor, being mentally lacking, or you name it was a reality then it could not be replaced in our life experience. Yet we know from experience those things are not actual reality but illusions of our mapping/describing our life at any given time.

A friend of mine got screwed over by a program glitch and she lost any records of her time on the job, therefore she lost those wages. Here is the KICKER, she prior to the incidence had changed her password to "this job sucks". Thank goodness she realized what she claimed as a reality of her job. The tongue is a double edged sword, it cuts both ways. Watch what you use to sharpen it.

As far as it always works when you know what you are doing, nope it works whether you know what you are doing or not. God always says yes, the universe is always totally subjective. It can only say it is manifested as you called it forth.

Open2It,

Welcome to the Forum! I like the way you think! And you're right! The Universe always works whether you know how it works or not. I think Jonathan Livingston Seagull definitely confirmed that for himself....when Chiang had helped him "with his control", by the time they returned to the Flock (but that's another sea shore story for another time).

...and Yes, if one's password affirms, "This job sucks", the Universe says yes to that too, to her chagrin (because she meant it affirmatively!).

If you think about it, a "password" is what a computer uses to "Say Yes" to its "universe", right? No different than a firmly expressed affirmation being what the Universe uses to "Say Yes" to us.

I just changed my signature to reflect the Truth you've stated, herein.

Thanks for your excellent answer....