Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Help Identifying Stones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120508)

StrandedSnowMonkey 05-02-2018 11:55 PM

Help Identifying Stones

I bought a mixed bag of stones that I would like help identifying. The first two stones I think are perhaps Amethyst and Fluorite:

Quartz is harder than fluorite, so I wondered if banging them together may help identify the softer stone?

Many thanks :)

pluralone 06-02-2018 12:16 AM

Yep I think you've correctly identified these already. No need to get violent!
heehee

Clover 06-02-2018 12:19 AM

Hi Monkey,

They look like raw Flourite to me, in my opinion!

Although I do have to say, the pinkish purple one sort of looks like a raw ruby; worth researching for kicks.

StrandedSnowMonkey 06-02-2018 01:30 PM

I'll be gentle with them! :D

Oh! I can check them out using my UV light. Ruby really stands out in that light :)

More pictures to follow.

StrandedSnowMonkey 07-02-2018 12:55 PM

Here's a picture of them all:

I can take pictures of individual stones if that helps.

Many thanks

pluralone 09-02-2018 12:51 AM

First one - labeled "yellow fluorite" - looks like carnelian to me. The "red jasper" might be volcanic glass. The pinkish one that doesn't have any label might be rhodochrosite. The green one looks familiar but I'm drawing a blank on that one. Not sure about the white one (labeled "white opal"), but I wouldn't argue with it either. The other ones seem to be correctly identified.

I worked for a time in a metaphysical shop, learning the various crystals and stones. Not an expert by any means, though.

Whatever they are, they look beautiful! Nice little collection of treasures you have there. Thanks so much for the photos!

Lynn 09-02-2018 02:48 AM

Hello

Here is what I come up with ......

First one Carnelian
Second one Tigers Eye
Third one Red Tourmaline
Fourth one Rose Quartz
Fifth one White Azeztulite
Sixth one Red Jasper
Seventh one Aventurine
Eight one Picture Jasper
Ninth one Clear Quartz
Tenth one Sodalite
Eleventh one Fluorite
Twelfth one Amethyst

Lynn

StrandedSnowMonkey 11-02-2018 02:07 PM

Thank you for your help!:hug3:

I'll have another look at them when I get back home :)

StrandedSnowMonkey 15-02-2018 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluralone
First one - labeled "yellow fluorite" - looks like carnelian to me. The "red jasper" might be volcanic glass. The pinkish one that doesn't have any label might be rhodochrosite. The green one looks familiar but I'm drawing a blank on that one. Not sure about the white one (labeled "white opal"), but I wouldn't argue with it either. The other ones seem to be correctly identified.

I worked for a time in a metaphysical shop, learning the various crystals and stones. Not an expert by any means, though.

Whatever they are, they look beautiful! Nice little collection of treasures you have there. Thanks so much for the photos!

It does have a little bit of carnelian colour, but I'm going by the pictures of yellow fluorite from the supplier. The one without any label is like nothing I have seen before ~ there's a clear layer around it and a druzy part in the middle. It's nice to share pictures :)

StrandedSnowMonkey 15-02-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Here is what I come up with ......

First one Carnelian
Second one Tigers Eye
Third one Red Tourmaline
Fourth one Rose Quartz
Fifth one White Azeztulite
Sixth one Red Jasper
Seventh one Aventurine