Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   Dust devil (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=102846)

fayette 27-06-2016 08:57 AM

Dust devil

This might seem a strange little story, but it gave me quite a fright at the time,
It all started when I read about how you can make a new year wish list on a new moon, I carried out the instructions wrote down 3 wishes and burned the edges of the list with a white candle then buried it under a tree, like I read
Next morning I looked over to the place where my list was buried, and was
shocked to see a Little whirl wind or dust devil hovering over the spot, it was about 3 feet high, as I approached it came towards me picking up leaves and dust and seem to chase me for a while, I dodged it and it went on its way
And yes my wishes did came true

Adrienne 29-06-2016 07:22 PM

Interesting story, fayette, thanks for sharing ! I wonder what the little dust devil was ? guardian of the wishes ?

IAmNemo 29-06-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienne
Interesting story, fayette, thanks for sharing ! I wonder what the little dust devil was ? guardian of the wishes ?

Maybe it was just the wind?
Why does everything have to 'mean something' around here?

fayette 29-06-2016 09:59 PM

Well it did seem strange at the time how it was spinning over the spot where I buried my wishes , and just stationary until I approached
It was like I had released some energy of some kind

Adrienne 29-06-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmNemo
Maybe it was just the wind?
Why does everything have to 'mean something' around here?

well, maybe it was just the wind :smile:

either way it was a cool story, lighten up a little bit it was just a question :smile:

thank you fayette for your reply !

IAmNemo 30-06-2016 05:09 PM

I don't think I need to "lighten up". Maybe you were joking but it seems that many people around here, and just in general, do try to find 'meaning' in everything. As if the entire universe is one giant cosmic theatre and we are all its unwilling actors. It doesn't need to be seen this way and I was just trying to make this point. I think that is a pretty morbid way to look at things.

I'm sorry if that was too serious a point for you, though. In general I love 'paranormal' topics and discussions. I just don't really see the point in trying to make everything 'mean something'. Sometimes "I don't know" or even general skepticism is really the best answer.

Cyrianne 30-06-2016 09:56 PM

Doesn't really sound odd. It actually sounds like a dust devil acting like a typical dust devil.

Dust devils do stay stationary you know when there's no wind to move the actual funnel.

Ps. The dust devil likely wasn't "chasing" you the fact that you ran away made a small vacuum of air that caused it to move. Same as if you ran away from a floating feather, the feather would "chase" you.

fayette 01-07-2016 09:11 AM

Thankyou Cyrianne, I have seldom seen them, but what you said makes sense, I think now its presence was probably just a coincidence

Reincar-Nation 03-07-2016 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fayette
Thankyou Cyrianne, I have seldom seen them, but what you said makes sense, I think now its presence was probably just a coincidence

Ahh but there is no such thing as coincidence....:biggrin:

life.love.regret. 03-07-2016 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmNemo
I don't think I need to "lighten up". Maybe you were joking but it seems that many people around here, and just in general, do try to find 'meaning' in everything. As if the entire universe is one giant cosmic theatre and we are all its unwilling actors. It doesn't need to be seen this way and I was just trying to make this point. I think that is a pretty morbid way to look at things.

I'm sorry if that was too serious a point for you, though. In general I love 'paranormal' topics and discussions. I just don't really see the point in trying to make everything 'mean something'. Sometimes "I don't know" or even general skepticism is really the best answer.

I think you do need to lighten up.