Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   So, God wants us to be perfect, right? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123687)

Lightseer 04-07-2018 10:45 PM

So, God wants us to be perfect, right?

All religions and belief systems tell us that God wants us to be perfect. That we are basically faulty and need to strive to get fixed. This is interestingly the only area where all beliefs meet, whether it is a Catholic, New Age witch, occultist or whatever, all say 'God' wants us to make ourselves perfect, find our so called higher self or something similar. Even Satanists strive to be the perfect person, as they see it. It is basically all the same thing in different wrapping.

It goes like this...

1.You are inferior to higher beings, higher self or god or God.
2. You have to become the acceptable version of perfect (for your particular belief system) to *ascend* (aka be accepted by the beings *higher* than you.

But what if that is wrong?

What if we should be striving to be imperfect? (I don't mean the 'soft' approach to spirituality).

Compendium 04-07-2018 11:15 PM

In my opinion it is wrong because we are all a part of God/Source/Creator therefor we are already perfect. We are simply here to be happy and have experiances. He made this creation for us to enjoy except some seem to have forgotten this along the way. In my opinion mass religion was created as a form of control.

Shivani Devi 05-07-2018 02:31 AM

Many will know perfection, few will experience it.

It is said by some that we already 'are' that, or there is nowhere to 'go' and nothing to 'do' and that is fine... provided one already has achieved the awareness of that...had that experience.

For those new to the path (that goes nowhere) or if you are speaking with somebody who is very lazy, greedy, depressed, angry, hurtful, wicked etc and say "you don't need to do anything or go anywhere because you are already perfect as you are" they may say "goody...I thought about becoming a better person, evolving spiritually, improving my life, serving others, attaining liberation etc, but seeing as how I already AM that, and there is nothing to do, nowhere to go, nothing to achieve, do or try because I am already perfect as I am, being a lazy, angry, hurtful, boastful, lying, gluttonous, selfish, axe murderer, why bother with any of this "spiritual stuff" then? That's cool, another thing I can cross off my bucket list..

Compendium 05-07-2018 02:52 AM

Yes you are indeed correct Shivani and I must say I laughed at that. I didnt take into consideration those attributes of humanity and I should have, my mistake. There is always room for improvement within us all. It is important to strive to be as like our creator as possible and to shed our imperfect human traits. With that being said we are still all apart of the Devine and that part of us is perfect we just need to learn how to embrace it and become one with it.

Namaste`

God-Like 05-07-2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
...I thought about becoming a better person, evolving spiritually, improving my life, serving others, attaining liberation etc, but seeing as how I already AM that, and there is nothing to do, nowhere to go, nothing to achieve, do or try because I am already perfect as I am, being a lazy, angry, hurtful, boastful, lying, gluttonous, selfish, axe murderer, why bother with any of this "spiritual stuff" then? That's cool, another thing I can cross off my bucket list..

lol, exactly, this I AM already perfect as I AM is a dangerous game to play that will only end one way . This dangerous game is the same game that one play's when they say there is 'no-one here' that can be perfect or not .

It is such a weird mix of ignorance and denial that leaves one in a fantasy world . A self that is estranged from how things are .

x daz x

Busby 05-07-2018 08:56 AM

In my book this thing called 'god' isn't interested in anyone, whether person, animal, plant or mineral being 'perfect'. He/She/It doesn't care if you eat pork, don't wear a hat in church, have a degree in divination or quote verses from the Bible.
Let's call him/her/it 'O' for simplicity.
O is a part of this thing we call (but have not yet understood) evolution. All evolution needs to move along is experience(s) sufficient to get things moving and changing. Basically O has set up a cause and effect system. This cause and effect system plays out all over the universe, creates suns, pushes planets away, pulls them together - and so on. The universe- as is life - is both chaos and order. In life the same rules apply as do any rules on another maybe far away planet.
At some time the planet Earth because of its to that moment total of experiences created/developed/discovered consciousness - according to nature's laws - the ones set by O.
We as well as everything else is/are here to add to the total experience of our planet which is in a solar system in a galaxy in a total of two trillion galaxies which we call the universe.

I'm not going further at this moment, but look at the things around you and see.

Uma 05-07-2018 09:19 AM

boshy b. good 05-07-2018 09:20 AM

a weight on to do with the
sinning, i assume. the stuff
of model repentence be
great to heart, what good
does it do?.. perhaps we'd
all know as studyus.

Michelle11 05-07-2018 11:07 AM

My personal opinion is that the message is being misinterpreted because it is being presented by humans. We aren't striving to be perfect but we are striving to live from our soul's higher perspective. An analogy I found helpful is based on the sky. Who we are is the sun. Our source energy is the sun. When we are human our perceptions of things can get clouded over and we can act or feel out of character from our true self but our true self is never marred or changed. It's still there shining brightly behind the sun we just can't see it from all the clouded confused thoughts in the way.

Those clouded thoughts are often rooted in some fear that causes us to act out. We are in an experience where our existence feels threatened. It is only temporary and we do all die so life has impact because the clouds make us unsure that we will still exist after this life is over. Our human bodies are wired for survival. If that survival feels threatened, regardless of it even being a physical threat, we can strike out in fear or run away from life responding to the world from a conditional place. The main goal being to overcome the fear of our mortality, trust in the process of life and that we are more than meets the human eye and ultimately live from our soul perspective of unconditional love.

The tricky part is to understand that none of us is to blame for anything we do as humans because we are clouded in our thinking, driven by primal survival instincts and confused about what is truth. We aren't meant to be perfect. We are meant to learn to love ourselves despite not being perfect and have compassion for our faults and mistakes because they are merely a part of the learning process. It's a game that gives the impression that the stakes are high when indeed we have nothing to lose and we were never broken in the first place, we merely got convinced that we were by other humans who are confused themselves.

LadyMay 05-07-2018 11:40 AM

You are right, all religions are about striving for perfection, but I think part of that is the human nature to want to be better and self-improve. Without that drive we would not have evolved into the clever homo-sapiens we are today. So I think religion keeps that idea of the perfect human in mind which we can all continue progressing towards as a species, heaven on earth kind of thing. As I see it religion in this way is a reflection of what we want to achieve on earth, happiness, peace, love, etc.