Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astral Projection (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ap without sleeping first (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53151)

astralsuzy 23-06-2013 09:06 AM

Ap without sleeping first

Hi all, I can mostly ap in the mornings so I should be grateful for that. Has anyone tried to ap when they have not had a sleep? If so, have you been successful? I started to ap a while ago but unfortunately I stopped practicing. I practice when I go to bed and sometimes before I go to bed. I know you are thinking that is not a good time as you are likely to fall asleep. I agree but I am not tired. If I am tired I go to sleep. My goal is to be able to ap other than just in the mornings. I suppose I have to keep persevering.

Astral Explorer 23-06-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Hi all, I can mostly ap in the mornings so I should be grateful for that. Has anyone tried to ap when they have not had a sleep? If so, have you been successful? I started to ap a while ago but unfortunately I stopped practicing. I practice when I go to bed and sometimes before I go to bed. I know you are thinking that is not a good time as you are likely to fall asleep. I agree but I am not tired. If I am tired I go to sleep. My goal is to be able to ap other than just in the mornings. I suppose I have to keep persevering.

I have projected just about any time of day and any state of having or not having slept for the night. It's certainly possible to project at any time in the day or night it's just a matter of attempting it enough that the projection has a chance to occur. Attempting to project right before going to sleep is tricky because more often than not you are going to just fall asleep, but if you're persistent it should happen eventually. At least it does for me. Even if you fall asleep it's still very possible you will project right after waking up anyways.

astralsuzy 23-06-2013 09:25 PM

Thank you Astral Explorer. That was helpful.

Yossarian 25-06-2013 05:10 AM

I've done it prior to falling asleep at least once and have had the symptoms numerous times without successfully APing.

astralsuzy 25-06-2013 08:48 AM

I have as well Yossarian. If we keep practicing, we will eventually succeed. I try to practice every evening. As I said, I know I can do it as I have done it before. I think you are training your body to get more and more relaxed and eventually it will get easier and easier to do.

inky_1 25-06-2013 11:35 AM

For me, full AP and OBEs are beyond my control. I have had them both while trying to fall asleep and while waking up in the morning. The more I try to have them, the less likely I am to have one. It happens when I least expect it.

astralsuzy 25-06-2013 09:31 PM

For me it is the opposite. I have to make an effort to ap. If I do not, ap hardly ever happens. Years ago, I did not have to make an effort. It just happened.

Adrienne 26-06-2013 06:58 AM

strange how this works differently for different people, I tried last night as I was going to sleep .... but nothing happened

astralsuzy 26-06-2013 07:27 AM

I think I am getting there. It is important to know my forehead/mind getting more relaxed. I noticed it was getting more relaxed but I ignored it again and I fell asleep. That is when I instantly ap. Practice makes perfect so I will try again and again. I have to put my mind to it and concentrate. I usually talk myself out of aping and going to sleep. I am not doing that now. When I feel like doing that, I say to myself, I am going to make an effort to ap and succeed. It works.

Adrienne 26-06-2013 07:41 AM

astralsuzy, maybe that is what I am missing ? " I say to myself, I am going to make an effort to ap and succeed "..... thanks, I will remember to say that next time !