Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Old topics are now closed. (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3637)

inspirit 01-10-2010 09:34 PM

Old topics are now closed.

Welcome back everyone and thanks for your patience. We suffered a hard drive failure and only recently were able to restore the site from a 3 year old backup we found on Devolution's laptop.

If you'll look closely you'll notice that the entire forum is now made up of posts that date back to 2007 or older. I have closed all of those topics to avoid people accidentally replying to 3 year old posts. However if you would like a topic to be reopened please contact a staff member.

Welcome back and enjoy. :)

Soul Searching 01-10-2010 09:38 PM

Thanks for your hard work getting us back up and running .... :hug3:

earthprowler 01-10-2010 09:40 PM

it's just so nice to have it back up and running. i was getting worried we'd lost it forever! :icon_frown:

inspirit 01-10-2010 09:41 PM

By the way, if you have any posts or articles that you had saved especially if they were from Matt the founder (devolution) please repost them. We're trying to get Matt's spirit back on the forum and we're just asking anyone has any work of his or memories of what he had written or stories of how he had touched your heart, just anything at all that relates to Matt or Devolution, please feel free to post if you can.

Adrienne 02-10-2010 12:14 AM

Thank you Admin, Heidi and everyone involved in bringing Spiritual Forums back to life !

:hug3: Dream Angel xx

Bellasong 02-10-2010 01:28 AM

Hi All,

I have been trying for days to get back here. Then when you where back I couldn't log in. So I have changed my user name slightly and email to get back here.Thanks so much for coming back!:smile: I missed you all!:icon_frown: Let The Good Times Roll!:smile:

Love and Peace,
Bellasong

Katiecat 02-10-2010 01:59 AM

Right on, I had the same prob as bella, so I just resigned up!

Kaere 02-10-2010 02:01 AM

Yeah, we're all starting over - except for those who have been around since before the restore date. Like Dream Angel lol. I was thinking "how on earth did she post so much already??"...

Silver 02-10-2010 02:34 AM

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1150

This is the thread about what music are you listening to, started by Devolution.

It says it is closed.

Can it be added in?

innerlight 02-10-2010 02:38 AM

That thread is not closed.

Xan 02-10-2010 03:21 AM

Thanks for the resurrection, all you admins and other beloveds.

Xan

waywardmagpie 02-10-2010 03:45 AM

I'm so glad to see this forum is back up and running. I just re-made my login...

I do hope that everyone is doing well, as it's been a few since I've had the pleasure of reading writing from all of you.

Big hugs and warm wishes. :hug:

-waywardmagpie

StephenK 02-10-2010 04:44 AM

Really odd going through the old threads... it's like watching a forum being pulled back from the brink, while being reborn in the process...

It also strikes me as warmly interesting that it's Matt's backup that's relighting the way....! :^)

Emmalevine 02-10-2010 10:54 AM

Thanks everyone for getting things back up and running. It is like a re-birth - feel a bit strange no longer having my old posts to look at but maybe in many ways this is appropriate. Really happy to see this forum back :)

Mouse 02-10-2010 11:17 AM

Well done for getting this going again, kind of like the starting from afresh thing.
Love Mouse

Tricia 02-10-2010 12:36 PM

Thanks for getting the site up and running again xx

star-child 02-10-2010 02:12 PM

Thanks for getting the site back!

I'm not really sure where to post this but I managed to create a new user for myself yesterday as mine wasn't recognised. I just wandered whether my user was wiped from the system? I registered with my old user name and it was accepted so I think I might have been also I was having a reading through my PM's too on my old account so it would be quite nice to see my replies.

Thanks, sophie.

angel62 02-10-2010 02:16 PM

thanks for getting the site up and running guys compliment to all staff
iv missed it
blessing angel oxoxo

SoaringSpirit 02-10-2010 02:40 PM

I'm REALLY glad you're up and running again, but its so sad that so much was lost. I also had to reregister cause I wasn't a member at the time you have gone back to.

annonafox 02-10-2010 03:12 PM

Hello!!! From Heidi--Prayers, Blessings, Mantras, Good Thoughts Needed!

Hello everyone! I can't tell you how relieved I am that SF is back online. We are continually working to make sure we will have everything back to as close as normal as possible.

The latest news is that easyspace.com has told me that the issue that caused SF to crash is now be investigated by a different department. With prayers and hope, we may be able to get a backup from the company ane try to restore SF to what it was on September 18th, and if not then, perhaps some point earlier in the year, but at least it will be from 2010.

I am not certain we will be able to do this, but we can hope. I am so sorry for this devestating blow to our community, but we are a strong bunch, and we can get through this.:hug2:

Please send your good thoughts, healing energies, and prayers to SF and to easyspace.com!

May Matt help guide us through this rough patch.:hug:

I am just so glad to see you all here.........

annonafox 02-10-2010 03:14 PM

I will be in touch off and on--I am out of town at the moment, so access to the internet is limited, but I will be here to check in as much as possible. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. Myself or another staff member will try to help with any issues/questions that arise.

SoaringSpirit 02-10-2010 03:15 PM

Whether SF can be restored or not, we're all still family and we'll just pick up where we left off.

Zagacat 02-10-2010 03:18 PM

Yay! I am so thrilled to see SF up! I don't post too much but it was definitely a highlight in my day to visit your thoughts and ideas. Glad to see it back up.

Sleepygrass 02-10-2010 06:14 PM

Even after a fatal crash this forum hasn't lost its resilience.

bilko 02-10-2010 06:57 PM

Ah well... so we get a free spring clean i guess. A chance to start afresh maybe even reinvent themselves. :hug3:

Honza 03-10-2010 01:11 AM

Its great to be back, but I do feel sad about all that has been lost!

Thankyou everyone for making this community what it is.

Skull 03-10-2010 04:07 AM

If those 2007 threads are going to remain closed, might as well delete them and start fresh in 2010.

Or open them up, since some "old" topics are still current.

Silver 03-10-2010 04:53 AM

I feel that there will be SOME restoration in the near future. (I just checked my crystal ball and even though it's a bit hazy, there are signs...)

SeaZen 03-10-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I feel that there will be SOME restoration in the near future. (I just checked my crystal ball and even though it's a bit hazy, there are signs...)

YES! Can all of you who wish to practice readings hone your skills by looking into restoring a recent back up of the forum and the energies associated with that? After all, we all must practice what we discuss when it comes to the law of attraction and manifestation! We can do it! :smile:

mac 04-10-2010 01:16 AM

At this point maybe it needs to be considered whether a small donation could be asked of regular members which would allow the website owner(s) to purchase remote backup of the whole website on a scheduled basis ?

But on a different server or whatever appropriate way to minimise any chance of a recurrence - lightning sometimes does strike in the same place twice.

In the meantime I just hope that a more recent backup will emerge and that this old one can be overwritten as it really has little value now....

mac 04-10-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaZen
YES! Can all of you who wish to practice readings hone your skills by looking into restoring a recent back up of the forum and the energies associated with that? After all, we all must practice what we discuss when it comes to the law of attraction and manifestation! We can do it! :smile:

It's a nice thought but I think we need something much more mundane and practical. Unless someone can show me how, I see no way that spiritual energies could restore digital records...:wink::smile:

Silver 04-10-2010 01:46 AM

I think prayer is a decent approach. people's emotional energies can and have proven to disrupt electrical and electronic stuff.

Rumar 04-10-2010 02:12 AM

I used to be user: Phanes but now just going by this name instead. Phanes is my other username other places and I like the Rumar character I made up and hope to make him real soon enough. I AP as him more than other forms of myself so why not?
Good to see it back up.

Honza 04-10-2010 02:51 AM

Just a reminder to the admin that we are missing the "Current Events" and "Taoism" sub-forums....

There is no hurry. In your own time. Its just a reminder because I noticed "The Sanctuary" is back. Thanks....

flutterangel 05-10-2010 01:25 AM

Thank you for all of your hard work in getting SF back up. It means so much to so many people!!!

Cosmix 05-10-2010 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honza
Just a reminder to the admin that we are missing the "Current Events" and "Taoism" sub-forums....

There is no hurry. In your own time. Its just a reminder because I noticed "The Sanctuary" is back. Thanks....

Also the "Games" sub-forum :smile:

iolite 06-10-2010 06:49 PM

I knew something ominous had happened when one day after many days of trying to get here, my ISP couldn't find the website! :icon_eek:

I can't believe that we lost almost everything! :icon_frown:

Matt must still be looking out for us. :angel7:

I went to the webhosting site and read that they have redundant systems!! If that is true, then why wasn't our database backed up!?!:BangHead: :angry1:

Anyway, I'm glad we're back up! I missed you guys!!!

P.S. I'm havin' fun with the icons!!

Xan 12-10-2010 06:58 PM

Hiya... Here are two more suggestions for you admin folks:

* Put a sticky on the "Forum Rules" post so it will remain visible for all. (By the way, I like the new format for that better.)

* Reinstate the "My Account & Settings" link above the "Welcome", as it is easier for follks to see and use than the unclear "User CP" one.

Thanks again for all your good work.

blessings
Xan

Kapitan_Prien 12-10-2010 07:13 PM

Ah I was wondering why a whole ton of topics were suddenly locked. I had noticed it in the Crystal section.

modmystic1111 19-10-2010 04:58 PM

re-open an old thread?

Let me begin by saying how happy I was to find this forum several weeks back! There is a very welcoming feel here. I was greeted by many in my introduction post. Could I request/suggest re-opening or recreating an old thread, which actually was the sole reason I sought out this site, and that was the thread which was talking about celebrity soulmates/soulgroups! I had difficulty finding anything online that addresses this. I had just found this site, and was reading all the posts in that forum and feeling very validated in my own experience :smile: , so I composed my epic post (thank the gods I saved it!) and posted it in the forum. Lo and behold, the next day the site was down. And it appears that entire section was lost as well, along with my own long post. I am ever so happy to see the site back up and running, albeit without much of the older content. Is anyone else experiencing a seemingly unexplainable connection with someone in the public eye besides me, and do you wish to share it? :rolleyes:

much love,
modmystic1111