Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   North American Indigenous Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Sweat lodge cramping help? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=126528)

ImthatIm 26-11-2018 05:13 PM

Sweat lodge cramping help?

This last time I sweat I experienced the worst cramps I have ever felt, from my toes up back of legs and back to my neck. I have learned over the years to fill with water prior and it eases much of the physical recovery after. But any suggestions are welcome. Foods herbs teas whatever.

ImthatIm 27-11-2018 02:05 AM

Sweat lodge tonight. Cramps or no cramps.

Little Creek77 27-11-2018 07:23 PM

It is good.

Aquamarine 11-12-2018 04:34 AM

Drink more water beforehand.When you sweat a lot it is changing your bodies’ electrolytes. It is putting you off balance. Take potassium if you keep cramping, magnesium will help I think too.

ImthatIm 30-01-2019 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Drink more water beforehand.When you sweat a lot it is changing your bodies’ electrolytes. It is putting you off balance. Take potassium if you keep cramping, magnesium will help I think too.

Magnesium.
Started to take a supplement and this last sweat went smooth, no cramping.
I thank you.

BigJohn 30-09-2019 05:45 AM

Potassium Chloride can eliminate cramps in a minute or two. The problem with Potassium Chloride
is if you take too much, it can be fatal. Bananas are a great source of Potassium.

Magnesium Oxide has about the same effect on me. Sometimes I have to take both.

ImthatIm 02-10-2019 04:48 PM

Magnesium oxide is what I took. It appeared to help.

LibbyScorp 29-04-2020 06:30 AM

Drink your weight in oz for a week beforehand so you are adequately hydrated. That is baseline. Healthy hydration over time rather than stuffing it all in in a short amount of time. Have some good meals including banana and leafy greens. Take a multivitamin everyday if you don't.

I didn't experience any pain but even with being properly hydrated, I had to lay myself down in my cushion of leaves, cheek to the cold earth in order to stop myself from running out lol.

LibbyScorp 29-04-2020 06:31 AM

Oh, sorry, just realized how long ago this was. I hope it was a good experience for you.

BigJohn 29-04-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibbyScorp
Drink your weight in oz for a week beforehand so you are adequately hydrated. That is baseline. Healthy hydration over time rather than stuffing it all in in a short amount of time. Have some good meals including banana and leafy greens. Take a multivitamin everyday if you don't.

I didn't experience any pain but even with being properly hydrated, I had to lay myself down in my cushion of leaves, cheek to the cold earth in order to stop myself from running out lol.

Bananas are a great source for potassium.