Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   CONTROLLED IMAGINATION VS WILL POWER (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=134784)

lomax 11-04-2020 09:50 PM

CONTROLLED IMAGINATION VS WILL POWER

Here's a very interesting article from Lobsang Rampa,explaining the difference between controlled imagination and will power.It could be handy for those who try to do things,but they face invisible obstacles.(including me).

Controlled imagination can mean difference between success and failure, health and illness. But here it is: have you ever been riding a cycle on an absolutely straight, open road, and then ahead of you seen a big stone, perhaps a few feet from your front wheel? You might have thought, “Oh, I can't avoid that!” And sure enough you could not. Your front wheel would wobble, and no matter how you tried you would quite definitely run into that stone just like a piece of iron being drawn to a magnet.

No amount of will power at all would enable you to avoid that stone. Yet if you imagined that you could avoid it, then avoid it you would. No amount of will power enables you to avoid that stone. Remember that most important rule, because it can mean all the difference in the world to you. If you go on willing yourself to do a thing when the imagination opposes it, you will cause a nervous breakdown. That actually is the cause of many of these mental illnesses. Present day conditions are quite difficult, and a person tries to subdue his imagination (instead of controlling it) by the exercise of will power. There is an inner conflict, inside the mind, and eventually a nervous breakdown occurs. The person can become neurotic, or even insane. The mental homes are absolutely filled with patients who have willed themselves to do a thing when their imagination thought otherwise. And yet, it is a very simple matter indeed to control the imagination, and to make it work for one. It is imagination—controlled imagination—which enables a man to climb a high mountain, or to fly a very fast plane and break a record, and do any of those feats which we read about.

Controlled imagination. The person imagines that he can do this, or can do that, and so he can. He has the imagination telling him that he can, and he has the will “willing” him to do it. That means complete success. So, if you want to make your path an easy one and your life pleasant in the same way as the Easterner does, forget about will power, it is just a snare, and a delusion. Remember only controlled imagination. What you imagine, that you can do. Imagination, faith, are they not one?

lomax 11-04-2020 10:01 PM

Most of the times,when i want to manifest-plan something,i push my self very hard,and i can feel this inner conflict he's talking about.It's like pushing against a wall.

Baile 11-04-2020 10:10 PM

Great stuff, thank you lomax. I liked that last last line in particular. I practice imagination as spirit. I do what spirit would have me, what my imagination connects with. I breeze thru the day this way, accomplishing what I set out to, and in the process I experience mini manifesting miracles, all the time. I consider those manifested gifts rewards from spirit for a good job done!

Baile 11-04-2020 10:19 PM

Will add: I came to the understanding 20 years ago when I quit smoking that authentic will power — the kind that allows you to actually quit — is direction and inspiration from a higher source. It is the higher will. Spirit, again.

lomax 11-04-2020 10:23 PM

Glad you had results.That's all that counts at the very end.(at least for me)

Baile 11-04-2020 10:35 PM

The key is ‘controlled’ imagination. It’s a consciousness technique, to learn to perceive the difference between spirit direction vs self-interest and ego desire. Advice I was once given: Know the difference between what you need (inspired by soul-spirit) and what you want (ego desire, willed by the self). I read threads from people trying to will a partner into their life. No dear lonely heart, that’s not how it works, ha! Unless of course it’s spirit telling you hit the pubs and night clubs, that’s different. :)

lomax 11-04-2020 10:41 PM

These are bad news for me.I allways try to force things to happen,and if they'll not,it results to mental breakdowns.And i think i can't stop it.(it's in my nature)

Time to renew my views (once again) and start from scratch.

Baile 11-04-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lomax
These are bad news for me.I allways try to force things to happen,and if they'll not,it results to mental breakdowns.And i think i can't stop it.(it's in my nature)

Time to renew my views (once again) and start from scratch.

lomax, it is as easy as opening your heart and just listening. Then acting on what comes.

Try this: Be inward for a moment while you come up with the one thing that makes your heart sing. What do you love that much?

lomax 11-04-2020 10:51 PM

I remember one time i rented the movie V for Vendeta.I byed popcorn and some other things,and all i wanted was to close the cellphone,relax and enjoy the movie.
I was so anxious about not to miss a scene,that i ended up with the movie playing until the end,and me still trying to force my self to relax and enjoy it.

Of course i couldn't remember anything at all cause i wasn't watching.I was 'trying' to watch by applying wy will.

Baile 11-04-2020 10:54 PM

Sounds like a bad movie! :)