Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The Only Bond That Matters (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115209)

dattaseva 18-07-2017 06:21 PM

The Only Bond That Matters

In a movie, two actors acted as mother and son. In another movie, the same two actors acted as wife and husband. In reality, the two actors are totally unrelated; they are neither mother-son nor are they wife-husband.

Before the movie, the two actors were unrelated, after the movie they are unrelated, only during the movie they temporarily pretend to be related.

That which does not exist before and after the shooting of the movie does not exist even during the time of the shooting.

The mother-son and wife-husband relationships are totally unreal.

In each of the movies, they are only co-actors or co-employees of the same movie producer.

However, the employer-employee relationship between the movie producer and actors remains before the movie, during the movie and after the movie. It is the only real relationship since it is a relationship whose scope is beyond the unreal movie.

Similarly, relationships between souls in this world are unreal, because these relationships did not exist in the previous birth and will not exist in future births. Therefore, they are both temporary and unreal.

The only permanent relation that a soul has is that with God, the Producer of this Cosmic Cinema. This relation is permanent and real. It was there in the past, it is there in the present and will remain in the future.

When a person dies here on earth, his soul with its subtle body (past impressions and feelings) leaves the gross body. The gross physical body is left here and it disintegrates.

As soon as the soul leaves the body, all relationships in this world are also left behind. The soul retains no memory of who his parents, spouse or children were in the past birth. However, the bond with God remains.

Our intense attachment to worldly relationships is simply based on ignorance.

baro-san 18-07-2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dattaseva
In a movie, ...

As soon as the soul leaves the body, all relationships in this world are also left behind. The soul retains no memory of who his parents, spouse or children were in the past birth. However, the bond with God remains.

You assume there is a God, that is like a film producer.

There are many examples of actors that got married after they worked together in a movie.

In my regression based experience, you don't lose the memory of your incarnations, your incarnations just lose a lot of the importance you gave them while incarnated, as you get a perspective of them.

As far as I know, the whole thing is better compared with schooling. Attending this school is like dream incubation.

JOHN44 19-07-2017 06:56 PM

It is a Truth lost in an age of time where life gives forth an essence of your binding that bears a truth for you are a means of carrying a binding beyond the means of this passing for it is then left behind or is it so i can tell you it is a Truth of ones energy an echo of energy that binds all. The Ancient Truth is simple it was of means forth to what is known to few for you are a means to a truth to which would bring you no peace of mind .
The time you dwell within is so that an age is given forth so not to the many who ask but the few who say no to a being of agelessness with a choice given unto one who says no to What you may call a God. It is then to the time that is of measurable means you dwell untethered

Miss Hepburn 20-07-2017 11:37 AM

dattaseva....I found that to be brilliant. :notworthy:
Who said this, I do not know...you?

Shivani Devi 20-07-2017 12:09 PM

Quote:

Similarly, relationships between souls in this world are unreal, because these relationships did not exist in the previous birth and will not exist in future births. Therefore, they are both temporary and unreal.

The only permanent relation that a soul has is that with God, the Producer of this Cosmic Cinema. This relation is permanent and real. It was there in the past, it is there in the present and will remain in the future.

When a person dies here on earth, his soul with its subtle body (past impressions and feelings) leaves the gross body. The gross physical body is left here and it disintegrates.

I have been trying to say the same thing on here for the past week!

I gave the same answer to somebody who asked "How can I be spiritually sovereign?" I gave the same answer to somebody who asked "What is discernment?"

However, people want all their karmic bonds, attachments and moksha too (and fully believe it is achievable)! I gave up.

I saw a very nice reply on Kal Bhairav from Sadhguru yesterday when I was incredibly bored and was looking up any Youtube mention of this obscure Hindu Deity I worship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgDQoGx0czY

So, yeah, I'm bonded to Siva, the Destroyer in all aspects, but in particular that one.

I also found a very nice article today on Svatantrya:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svatantrya

Suffice to say, I cannot explain what I know...what I have experienced to anybody but another Shaivite, but I try...I do try.

Very nice analogy you made and you'd pretty much need to be a Hindu to understand the whole significance.

Sometimes it feels like I'm pushing marbles uphill with a rake on here, my friend.

lauterb 20-07-2017 11:02 PM

Dear Dattaseva

Funy analogy but with huge difference when real bonds are in place!

The bond during "acting" was money for susbsistance. They were together for a purpose: act and gain money.

The real bond in life is love, love put persons together to share experiences, to develop your potential, get rid off bad habits, acquire good virtues, at the end growth morally/spiritually.

The position is not important since you have this bond and a commun objective.

Addtionally with reincarnation, bonds become are strenghten.

You can study in detail at Gospel According to Spiritims by Allan Kardec - Chapter IV REINCARNATION STRENGTHENS FAMILY TIES WHEREAS A SINGLE LIFE WOULD DESTROY THEM.

"Family ties are not destroyed through reincarnation as some would believe. On the
contrary, they become stronger and closer. The opposite principle would, on the other hand certainly destroy them.
In space, Spirit entities form groups or families bound together by affection, sympathy
towards each other, and by similar inclinations. Happy at being together, these Spirits seek each other. Incarnate life separates ..."

You can freely download at internet in pdf file.

Good study!

dattaseva 21-07-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
dattaseva....I found that to be brilliant. :notworthy:
Who said this, I do not know...you?

Well, I've written it based on whatever I've learned from my Guru, Shri Datta Swami.

Here's a Youtube link that serves as a good intro to His teachings just in case you want to check em out - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DjGUwh4-bc&t=33s

Cheers!

dattaseva 21-07-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I have been trying to say the same thing on here for the past week!

I gave the same answer to somebody who asked "How can I be spiritually sovereign?" I gave the same answer to somebody who asked "What is discernment?"

However, people want all their karmic bonds, attachments and moksha too (and fully believe it is achievable)! I gave up.

I saw a very nice reply on Kal Bhairav from Sadhguru yesterday when I was incredibly bored and was looking up any Youtube mention of this obscure Hindu Deity I worship:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgDQoGx0czY

So, yeah, I'm bonded to Siva, the Destroyer in all aspects, but in particular that one.

I also found a very nice article today on Svatantrya:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svatantrya

Suffice to say, I cannot explain what I know...what I have experienced to anybody but another Shaivite, but I try...I do try.

Very nice analogy you made and you'd pretty much need to be a Hindu to understand the whole significance.

Sometimes it feels like I'm pushing marbles uphill with a rake on here, my friend.

Thanks for the links. I don't usually subscribe to Sadhguru or Jaggi Vasudev's views, but what he says about Bhairavi Yatana in the video is pretty interesting. First time I've ever heard of it.

From what I know, Yatana Sharira is the body that the soul takes up post-death to reap the fruits of sinful deeds in hell/naraka. The Yatana Sharir stands in contrast to the Bhoga Sharira, which is the body that the soul takes up to enjoy the fruits of meritorious deeds in heaven. And finally, the Divya Sharira is taken up by the rarest of souls who are personal servants of the Lord and who are awarded direct entry into the three highest worlds - Brahma Loka, Vishnu Loka and Shiva Loka.

With the kind of intense tamasic qualities that I have, it's only natural that I should choose Shiva as my ishta devata.

But in recent times, I've been able to reconcile the bridge between Vaishnavism and Shaivism through the worship of Dattatreya, who is as you know, the combined form of Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma. It also helps that my Guru is part of the Dattatreya Sampradaya.

dattaseva 21-07-2017 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauterb
Dear Dattaseva

Funy analogy but with huge difference when real bonds are in place!

The bond during "acting" was money for susbsistance. They were together for a purpose: act and gain money.

The analogy stated in the OP is only meant to reveal a certain concept. The analogy has limitations and shouldn't be extended to other aspects like the aspect of money you've mentioned.

For example, when you say someone is brave like a lion, you're only taking the aspect of courage into account. It wouldn't make sense to compare the claws of the lion, its mane, cruel eating habits, etc. to that person.

However, based on the philosophical truths I have been taught, I can say that the bond with Creator (God) and Creation (souls) is like that of the bond between a Mater and a servant. The bond between soul is always that of one employee and another. Souls are like co-employees while God is like the Employer.

Quote:

The real bond in life is love, love put persons together to share experiences, to develop your potential, get rid off bad habits, acquire good virtues, at the end growth morally/spiritually.

The position is not important since you have this bond and a commun objective.

I agree when you say that the purpose of life is to grow morally and spiritually. But based on what I've learnt, I differentiate between morality (dharma) and spirituality (moksha). Spirituality is undoubtedly based on morality. An immoral person can never be a spiritual person in the true sense of the word; a spiritual person is always moral. But this is not necessarily vice versa. That is to say, a moral person doesn't always need to be spiritual.

Quote:

Addtionally with reincarnation, bonds become are strenghten.

You can study in detail at Gospel According to Spiritims by Allan Kardec - Chapter IV REINCARNATION STRENGTHENS FAMILY TIES WHEREAS A SINGLE LIFE WOULD DESTROY THEM.

"Family ties are not destroyed through reincarnation as some would believe. On the
contrary, they become stronger and closer. The opposite principle would, on the other hand certainly destroy them.
In space, Spirit entities form groups or families bound together by affection, sympathy
towards each other, and by similar inclinations. Happy at being together, these Spirits seek each other. Incarnate life separates ..."

You can freely download at internet in pdf file.

Good study!

Thanks for the book suggestion. I'll look it up when I have the chance.

Shivani Devi 21-07-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the links. I don't usually subscribe to Sadhguru or Jaggi Vasudev's views, but what he says about Bhairavi Yatana in the video is pretty interesting. First time I've ever heard of it.

From what I know, Yatana Sharira is the body that the soul takes up post-death to reap the fruits of sinful deeds in hell/naraka. The Yatana Sharir stands in contrast to the Bhoga Sharira, which is the body that the soul takes up to enjoy the fruits of meritorious deeds in heaven. And finally, the Divya Sharira is taken up by the rarest of souls who are personal servants of the Lord and who are awarded direct entry into the three highest worlds - Brahma Loka, Vishnu Loka and Shiva Loka.

With the kind of intense tamasic qualities that I have, it's only natural that I should choose Shiva as my ishta devata.

But in recent times, I've been able to reconcile the bridge between Vaishnavism and Shaivism through the worship of Dattatreya, who is as you know, the combined form of Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma. It also helps that my Guru is part of the Dattatreya Sampradaya.

Namaste.

What you are saying is also very interesting, as I haven't studied that far yet, only getting as far as the physical Panch Kosha and the Linga Sharira, Atma Sharira etc of the physical body according to Patanjali and Swami Svatmarama of Hatha Yoga Pradipika fame.

I read the Tibetan Book of the Dead years ago and need to refamiliarise myself with it. I didn't pay much attention to what happens to the soul after death beyond 'it reincarnates' or 'it does not reincarnate' according to karma. I guess I didn't have any interest at the time.

I am also so happy to see another on here with Lord Shiva as their Ishta Devata! I had no reason why I chose Him, but I had His darshan, my heart imploded with bhakti and the rest is history. I don't ascribe any guna or attribute to Shiva really, because He is beyond them all.

I see Shiva as Vishnu and Vishnu as Shiva but I don't think I would be able to worship both at the same time, or even the full Trimurti because it would just mentally confuse me too much...not to mention what it would do to my heart who only knows Shiva/Rudra.

The only thing I remember about Dattatreya from my early days is that he himself had a lot of gurus...even animals like spiders and fish were because he learned most of his philosophy from the natural world...and that is all I know about it.

I just decided after all that to study Tantra and that took up most of my time and brainspace leaving me unable to squish anything else in there.

Aum Namah Shivaya