Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Spiritual Development (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Has anyone here attained self realization? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132777)

kishore 03-12-2019 10:28 AM

Has anyone here attained self realization?

Has anybody here truly attained self realization or enlightenment?

NoOne 03-12-2019 10:34 AM

That depends on how you define it. It isn't a single event, that you can just achieve, but rather an ongoing process. Everybody's walking the path towards enlightenment / self-realisation, either knowingly or unknowingly, it's just that each of us are at a different stage of this process.

kishore 03-12-2019 10:49 AM

Hello, defining self realisation

According to me he/she is one who has dissolved thier ego completely, does not feel profit or loss, does not feel insult or respect etc after reaching that state, looking for that type of person in this site.

hazada guess 03-12-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoOne
That depends on how you define it. It isn't a single event, that you can just achieve, but rather an ongoing process. Everybody's walking the path towards enlightenment / self-realisation, either knowingly or unknowingly, it's just that each of us are at a different stage of this process.

I agree.I definitely feel more enlightened than I did a few years ago.Especially since studying Spiritualism in a big way since my Mother passed.

kishore 03-12-2019 10:53 AM

Hello

Can we chat together, i have few doubts on spirituality which i want to discuss with you.

FairyCrystal 03-12-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kishore
According to me he/she is one who has dissolved thier ego completely, does not feel profit or loss, does not feel insult or respect etc after reaching that state, looking for that type of person in this site.

It's one of those spiritual myths that the ego has to be dissolved. It does not, and it shouldn't. We need the ego to be able to live a healthy and balanced and enlightened life on this planet.
It is a physical planet and we're here in a physical body. This is why life here is such a unique challenge in the universe as we have to learn to and have our bodies and deal with the emotions and feelings that come with it AND try to get to 5D, oneness, love and so on.
In order to get there we need the ego! The ego is part of the masculine energy that helps us define & discern, make good decisions, take action and so on.
The only thing we need to do is to heal the hurt ego, sometimes called the lower ego as the hurt and fear of that part (inner children) holds us back. Overcoming that for the most part is part of our growth, becoming emotionally mature.
But we're not here to reach only spiritual alignment without ego, floating up there somewhere. We come from that, we already know that. The unique challenge of this life here on Earth in a physical body is to become more enlightened WHILE having that body. To create Heaven on Earth, not Heaven in Heaven. And for that we need to be solidly anchored and grounded in our bodies, on Earth, in our lives, AND we need our healed egos for that.
To think we need to get rid of it is to say we need to get rid of masculine energy. Not the idea, not why we're here, and not healthy.

God-Like 03-12-2019 11:28 AM

I agree that there requires some form of definition of what self realization refers too ... I say this because some refer to self realization as something of the mind that happens that allows one to be aware of self to be in someway different from their current perspective. What I mean by this is that some entertain a shift where one exists of the mind so one can conclude that what they thought of themselves previously must be false ..

There are other definitions that fit in more with my own realization is that what you are is beyond the mind and beyond any thought of yourself that can shift or not, entertain a thought or not, but what you are is present.

There is still the dilemma however of how one interprets beyond self and beyond mind within a mindful environment because there can be the opposite interpretation had of what is beyond self and what it actually means to that which is experiencing life as we know it ..

So perhaps in one respect asking a Self realized individual how things are, will always be how they see it to be ..

If I remember a quote of niz's I heard recently is that there is only a favoured perspective had .. although I am sure there is contradiction quoted elsewhere .. which is another problem in itself .. because when there is integration had of the mind, perspectives can change .

x dazzle x

NoOne 03-12-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

There is no such person. The person you are describing is basically a zombie, I don't know why you would consider this desirable.

Even the Gods have distinct personalities, strengths and weaknesses, can get angry, jealous, etc... It is completely unreasonable to expect anyone to dissolve their ego, that is not what self-realisation is about, in fact, as the name suggests, it is the very opposite of that.

Self-realisation is about empowering the Self. It is realising that what we think of as the Ego is Illusory, a creation of our primate brains basically, the real "Us" is actually the Self (Atman), which is just a point of view, a local manifestation of the greater whole, or the Universal Self (Brahman).

Enlightenment does not dissolve the ego, rather it becomes irrelevant as the Self looks back upon itself and realises its true nature. Rather than dissolving, the true Self realises its infinite nature, becomes boundless and omniscient. The universal form of Self, can only be held outside the body, once the Self returns its points of view to body-consciousness, it becomes restricted and limited again.

Altair 03-12-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Has anybody here truly attained self realization or enlightenment?

If you define it as a kind of 'bliss' and 'peace' due to some kind of ''experience'', or multiple experiences, than many people here probably have done so. If you define it along the lines of eastern religion, i.e. enlightenment being in perpetual bliss and oneness and totally free of karma and all attachment for an eternity, then no, not a single person on this forum has done this.

kishore 03-12-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
It's one of those spiritual myths that the ego has to be dissolved. It does not, and it shouldn't. We need the ego to be able to live a healthy and balanced and enlightened life on this planet.
It is a physical planet and we're here in a physical body. This is why life here is such a unique challenge in the universe as we have to learn to and have our bodies and deal with the emotions and feelings that come with it AND try to get to 5D, oneness, love and so on.
In order to get there we need the ego! The ego is part of the masculine energy that helps us define & discern, make good decisions, take action and so on.
The only thing we need to do is to heal the hurt ego, sometimes called the lower ego as the hurt and fear of that part (inner children) holds us back. Overcoming that for the most part is part of our growth, becoming emotionally mature.
But we're not here to reach only spiritual alignment without ego, floating up there somewhere. We come from that, we already know that. The unique challenge of this life here on Earth in a physical body is to become more enlightened WHILE having that body. To create Heaven on Earth, not Heaven in Heaven. And for that we need to be solidly anchored and grounded in our bodies, on Earth, in our lives, AND we need our healed egos for that.
To think we need to get rid of it is to say we need to get rid of masculine energy. Not the idea, not why we're here, and not healthy.

U need to browse some topics on self realization and out of body expriences books like who am i book written by Shriram Sharma Acharya for more clarification on how to dissociate from ego consiousness through obes and all, try to be open to new knowledge and facts, i prefer u to read who am i book by Shriram Sharma and then u will understand some new things.