Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Exercise (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   help losing weight PLEASE read (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12327)

CJ82Sky 09-03-2011 07:34 PM

help losing weight PLEASE read

okay so im about 20 - 30 pounds overweight - nothing awful but i want to get healthier. i've been eating a lot better, more organics, more veggies, etc., and exercising on average 3x a week on my wii fit for a min of 30m a workout (usually more like 45 - 1h) and i ride about 4 horses every weekend (if not more) and clean 4 stalls. yet im NOT losing weight. been at this seriously for about 6 weeks...

initially (this past fall) from sept - nov i lost about 10 pounds with doing nothing extra other than taking vitamins and going back to work ft in an office and eating soups and salads (which i still do). i gained about 8 pounds over the holidays and am just stuck there.

i'm back to taking vit b and others, as well as now i drink tea rather than softdrinks and other garbage, and it still doesn't seem to matter. i'm VERY frustrated.

is there anything else i can do? i am carrying a tigers eye (red) and a tiger iron to help with metabolism but wasn't sure what else i could do to help!?! even massage and reiki are now a regular part of my life that it wasn't this fall. it's most frustrating bc i lost 10 pounds with no effort, and now with a lot more effort im not losing anything at all and even potentially gained a few pounds. please help!

Spiritlite 09-03-2011 09:21 PM

oh man I understand your situation. Okay what are you eating? Are you keeping a note on what you are eating everyday? See for me I would drink milk by the gallons I don't do that anymore. I eat a lot more protein which works for me. I try to stay away from any sugar including bread etc because that raises my glucose levels.
I've lost 11 pounds and it's taken me 3 weeks and I swim 45 minutes 3 times a week and do about 2-3 hours of yoga a week.
I also eat coconut oil a tablespoon a day other's say you should do three tablespoons a day but really I can't handle that. And actually whe I started doing that I lost more weight.
Drink lots of water.
What is your thyroid up to? Have you had lab work done on your thryoid lately?
Do you have access to a sauna? Are you eating HIGH fiber? I eat about 27-30mg of fiber a day, I get mine with flax seeds that I ground up. I know you you feel. Maybe give us a list of what you eat for three days and we can help you.
Spiritlite.

Love&Light 09-03-2011 09:32 PM

"Lose Weight" Hypnotherapy CD's will help, you'd probably have to put the CD on repeat and just have it in the background all day every day. Hypnotherapy can condition your unconcious with the belief that you are already slim, and this will manifest as your reality. (Law Of Attraction.)

***You might be making the mistake of looking in the mirror and saying to yourself 'I'm fat' perhaps looking at pics of yourself and saying 'I'm fat' every time you do that your attracting/manifesting it that way!***

delete any pics that you feel you look fat in.. just keep the older ones were you looked slim.. you'll realise that's your true figure and manifest it that way.. it's this that you need to do.. forget the diet!:icon_eek:

Like attracts like whether we like it or not!:smile:

CJ82Sky 09-03-2011 09:51 PM

thanks guys.

i drink kefir which is good, and lots of veggies so high fiber. avoiding carbs limiting to no more than 200 cals of sea salt **** chips plain. the most i'll add is hummus with hot sauce which is decent fiber.

lots of water in the form of organic tea.

i do know im getting more muscle though because i am less tired/sore after jogging and doing the "bicycle" on wii fit, and less sore when riding more and more horses each weekend. my body is FINALLY adjusting bc ugh i used to eat SO ****** i had the first few weeks i was gassey and bloated and farty (gross!) bc my body was like fiber WHAT?! haha. so that's a lot better now.

what does the coconut oil do???? i'd love to learn more.

i've also heard apple cider vinegar (organic) is good - but it can be harsh on the stomach right? i can try it again now that im eating better. i had tried it ages ago where i was still eating ****** and thought it would be a quick fix and it just killed my stomach.

the most frustrating is that in the fall i lost 10 pounds w/o trying at ALL still eating like **** just having a salad at lunch with soup. dinner was still whatever i felt like and so on. and no exercise. just vitamins. maybe starting the vitamins this week will also help?!?

thanks for the ideas - im happy to learn as much as i can!

Enya 09-03-2011 09:57 PM

Weight loss does plateau after a while... and building up muscle adds it. Consider the possibility that you are at your natural weight already.
I've lost weight by cutting out most carbs, red meat, bread and eating much more fruit, veg and no processed food.

CJ82Sky 09-03-2011 10:11 PM

def NOT at my natural weight. this fall i was 8 pounds lighter and when i played sports or worked outside on a farm (as opposed to a desk job) i was 30 pounds lighter. even 5 years after college i was 20 pounds lighter than i am now so i know this is not my ideal weight unfortunately. plus i def need to tone up more, it's just frustrating that i lost weight in sept - nov, gained it for the holidays, am not eating better and exercising more and lost NOTHING!!!! it makes no sense!

:(

Enya 09-03-2011 10:28 PM

No... you misunderstand... not your *ideal* weight but your *natural* weight, the weight your body is happy to remain at. I'd suggest you stop focusing on it so much and fix your mental intent that the weight shifts naturally, without effort. Often it's a psychological barrier rather than a physical one.

Ravens_Light 09-03-2011 11:20 PM

Hello, CJ..

I have lost weight with nothing but drinking water & so has my husband....

The KEY is taking your weight, dividing it by half and that is the number of ounces you should be drinking per day MINIMUM.. It is said recommended that you add 8 oz for every 10 lbs you wish to lose as well... And you may need more if you are sweating a lot or have lots of medications or toxicity in the body..

The other thing I would mention is being CONSISTENT with this...

It could be that with all the good you are doing, you may have added lots of fiber & thereby increased your need for water...

If you're not getting enuf water, your body holds onto EVERYTHING to keep the balance in your body.. You may find your gain just a bit until your body equalizes after adding that much water back into your regimen.. You may go to the loo a lot too -- just initially...

Also, you could be doing EVERYTHING right, but your body cannot chemically burn fat without the presence of enuf water in the body..

I'm not a doctor of any kind so you might want to do your research but a great book that is an easy and inspiring read is "The Water Cure"..

Check it out... Try it out.. And do update us if you do! I'm betting you'll see results faster that you can image... :D

Love to you,

Cam/EM

CJ82Sky 10-03-2011 02:48 AM

enya - makes total sense. bc when i lost the weight in the fall i had no focus on it - it was like oh cool i lost weight! now i am focused on it so likely causing my own issues psychologically.

Cam/EM ty - that also makes a lot of sense. now does the tea (organic of course) count towards water intake? i've been drinking a lot of green tea, detox tea and echinachea tea. or do i need water WITHOUT teat as well? i know that the more i drink the less i munch throughout the day and the more full i feel :)

also trying the apple cider vinegar thing and so far (just today) it isn't bothering my stomach which means eating better thus far has also helped! little but def positive things.

so plan is keep focused on eating healthy and working out.
change mental focus off weight to happier fitness :)
drink water and tea and lots of it!
acv 2-3x a day in water to manage digestion and also help with weight loss
vitamins esp vit b which helps metabolism daily

with a goal of fitting into the ballgown for the hunt ball april 2nd bc i can't afford another ball gown!!! thanks for the support guys!

Gem 10-03-2011 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJ82Sky
def NOT at my natural weight. this fall i was 8 pounds lighter and when i played sports or worked outside on a farm (as opposed to a desk job) i was 30 pounds lighter. even 5 years after college i was 20 pounds lighter than i am now so i know this is not my ideal weight unfortunately. plus i def need to tone up more, it's just frustrating that i lost weight in sept - nov, gained it for the holidays, am not eating better and exercising more and lost NOTHING!!!! it makes no sense!

:(

I think you are putting a lot of focus on the exersize and healthy food, and that's just a wonderfully realistic attitude. May I suggest that you don't worry about your weight at all. Remain focused on the healthy attitude for the sake of being healthy...