Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Angels & Guides (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   how does one have a spiritual awakening? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=117614)

thirdeyeblind22 14-10-2017 06:26 AM

how does one have a spiritual awakening?

for the past 2 years i have been trying to open my third eye, and i may have opened it awhile ago without even knowing. because people say your perception just changes, you see the world differently and think differently than the majority of people around you. but theres also people that say when you open your third eye you can see things when your eyes are closed. im Just wondering if my third eye is open and if it isn't then how can i? im also interested in awakening my kundalini.

Lorelyen 14-10-2017 07:36 AM

Even opening your eyes would be a start - to the social and cultural conditioning you're trapped in; to the beliefs you've been told to believe rather than discovered for yourself; to commercial advertising; to looking at objects around you in your home and asking what they really mean to you...

Sure, open the 3rd eye but you won't get a lot of magical visions for a long time, part of which is valuing what you "see". It's a process that could happen "just like that!" or - for some people it could take several years so it may need patience - and that's another discipline that promotes spirituality.

I'm one of those who believe awakening isn't one sudden blast that allows you to see all that "god" can see. I think it happens in little stages, little initiations if you like. Even asking the question heading your topic is an awakening because it suggests you know that what you currently see yourself as isn't what you think you should be.

Good wishes.

H:O:R:A:C:E 14-10-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

thirdeyeblind22: how does one have a spiritual awakening?
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will
be opened to you. ~ Matthew 7:7
So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock
and the door will be opened to you. ~ Luke 11:9

apparently, there's a door involved. knock.

also, align yourself with truth. as Lorelyen has suggested, don't believe
things due to conditioning, or based on stuff you've been told... learn 1st hand.
furthermore, it's not a contest where you'll be comparing yourself to others,
so don't seek to "think differently than the majority of people"... if you find
that the majority has had an 'awakening', you may wanna do as they do.

John32241 14-10-2017 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thirdeyeblind22
because people say your perception just changes, you see the world differently and think differently than the majority of people around you.

Hi,

I once got a book titled 'Don't think like a Human'. Evolving your reality perceptions sure will help with that 3rd eye perspective.

My understanding is that the 3rd eye is our channel for intuitive communication with our greater reality. In a way being 'open minded' is like opening your 3rd eye. There are also physical exercises you can do which move energies within your body with the purpose of sharpening that 3rd eye intuition.

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/exer...win_flame.html

The title for these exercises is a bit misleading. When you study the information you will see that they are really about opening and tuning the 3rd eye.

John

SaturninePluto 15-10-2017 01:35 AM

The suggestions posted here, are excellent suggestions.

The examples Lorelyen gave for changes in perception are particularly interesting.

What John said about being open minded hits home as well.

Other methods I have tried are practicing visualization. The best way I personally know how to do that is by reading for others, and practicing intuition in conjunction with opening the third eye. When I began practicing with others- what I have noticed over time, is not only has intuition been strengthened but also that imagery in the mind's eye is becoming accurate as well. It takes time and practice, and can at times seem slow going, but if you are diligent and have fun with it, you will begin to notice your own ability improving, and yourself gaining in confidence. So remember too, to relax and have fun trying it. :smile:

My first work with my own third eye area involved meditation on the area on the forehead between the eyes- middle of forehead, with an amethyst stone. The vision that transpired from that was incredibly powerful, almost over-powering. Not an entirely bad experience itself, but produced euphoria and tingling on the forehead area as after effects- that were quite strong. But you do not have to do anything like that yourself. Personally I would suggest listening to the suggestions by the others here in this thread, they're great suggestions.

caitdonnalynn 17-10-2017 03:24 PM

I woke up very quickly over a year ago, and sometimes, I think I can feel my third eye on my forehead. My blood type is O rh negative, and, when I am in big pubic spaces such as Penn Station, NY, or on the Staten Island ferry, people I do not know often come up to me for help.

I also read that an earth angel's back often hurts because that is where your wings would have been. I found a great deal of information on youtube and the Internet. I am here to talk to people who are like me, but, unfortunately, I often find the server to be too busy.

caitdonnalynn 17-10-2017 04:23 PM

I also read that most of rh negative people have reddish hair and light eyes. My hair is reddish brown, and I have very dark eyes. I do not think you can believe or listen to everything you read online.

I also read that rh negative people can shapeshift into reptiles, and I do not believe that.

SkyGodWarrior 18-10-2017 03:09 AM

:)
I think technically your spiritual awakening happens when you realize spirit. Dont worry about weather or not your third eye is open lol it probably is all ready but you are just beginning to see. I think that your rate of understanding will increase faster if you were with a group of people doing the same thing but be careful which group of people you select... a lot of people back then since the only widly known group that did stuff "spirituality" were the wiccans and the pagans and the goth crowed haha.. I dont think you should have to pay anyone just to meditate... so ridiculous lol...

I think if you start living in the world you are building that things start to come to you then. In other words start changing your habits to accustom that of a spiritual nature. Which includes meditation and a lot of inner thought. Also like Horace said about opening doors.... which I always tell people new to the path.... its about the answers you ask and the path to that answer. Sometimes the way we phrase the answer will also give us better insight. Haha dont worry about anything... just relax.... let it come if it is to come as you are still enjoying the benefits.

Also in regards to your third eye... maybe it is calcified from fluoride... maybe you will have to change the products you use or become conscious of them.... as well as the water you drink.. the air you breath... tsk tsk.

Remember that your heart is what will guide you to the path of "one"

:)

caitdonnalynn 18-10-2017 03:16 PM

What about this silliness about rh negatives being shapeshifter repitilians? Did anybody see the Clive Barker movie, The Midnight Meat Train? I know I can't believe everything I read about on the Internet. I am moving out of where I live, and it is mainly that I want to work. When I am alone here, of course, nobody comes up to me for help. It happened very often in the warmer weather, and it is cold in the Northeast now.