Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Crystals & Gemstones (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Latest Crystal Acquisitions? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=53488)

xiola_bleu 30-08-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Thanks I love it! My old pendant that I bought from Innervisions weighs 7.4 grams and I paid 90$ for it + shipping. The new vintage one weighs 8.9 grams, is way better made and durable due to the thick silver on the bell, a much nicer piece of Moldavite on the pendant as well and I paid 15$ for it + shipping. I imagine the bidding didn't go up any further because on the bottom of their auctions they say that they do their best to state the type of gem in the jewelry but they aren't guaranteed because they buy all of their stuff in estate/lot sales and the price would be much higher if they had to pay a gemologist to identify and certify every stone. So in layman's the stone in the jewelry very well could be fake. Thankfully I know enough about Moldavite to know that it was genuine from the pictures and the 15$ gamble I took paid off! I know for a fact I could easily re-sell the piece for 100$ but I have no intentions of selling it.

Holy ****! Nice find...well done!

It's beautiful :)

Astral Explorer 30-08-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xiola_bleu
Holy ****! Nice find...well done!

It's beautiful :)

Thanks! I really love it I am just waiting for the next meteor shower at this point to charge it and then I'll be wearing it all day everyday.

WYN123 03-09-2013 04:03 PM

turquoise
sunstone
sodalite

Likes2Read 03-09-2013 04:54 PM

Joyyyyy to the World! :) Although I have been a crystal adherent (and in particular, a quartz adherent) for years, I finally got my first Herkimer Diamond this week!

Back when I started with crystals, Herkimer Diamonds were a bit outside of my budget. So I made the mistake of postponing getting one. I had no idea that the New Age market for Herks was going to blow up, causing the prices to rise DRASTICALLY over the past 23 years. I went looking for Herks at the couple of meta shops on South Street (Philadelphia) a few weeks ago, and I was *astounded* at the high price for the tiny, tiny stones. I understand that there needs to be a markup on items in order for shop owners to survive, but... well, let's just say WOW and leave it at that.

So I headed over to eBay. Herkimer Diamonds have a VERY distinctive look, so I knew that I'd be able to ID a correctly-labeled Herk on eBay from the photographs.

And what do you know? I found a stone that called out to me SO loudly, I couldn't believe that the entire world wasn't stampeding to bid on it. I think we've all had that kind of moment when we encounter a stone or other tool that resonates with us intensely.

Here it is. The larger of the twin crystals is about half an inch long. And the auction was from one of the people who mines the stones themselves, someone who has been untouched by the "Must Mark Up Price Insanely For New Age Market" craze.

WYN123 03-09-2013 05:01 PM

oo that is gorgeous, very nice, how did you get your picture so big though?

Likes2Read 03-09-2013 05:10 PM

That's the photo from the ebay auction. I hope it's not showing up as super-huge on everyone else's screen -- it's appearing with a modest size on my screen.

WYN123 03-09-2013 05:35 PM

noo its just right, mine were tiny, the other thing I bought today was a chakra pendant kit where you put your own stones in as I keep loosing them from my pocket, I just put my Herkimer diamond in there as I nearly lost it today. so chuffed as a butty.

Likes2Read 03-09-2013 06:06 PM

I recommend a solution that I've been employing for a while now -- various forms of traveler's wallet. I have a wrist wallet, a bra wallet (unfortunately, this won't work for guys, lol), and a waist wallet. The latter two are designed to be worn under clothing; the wrist wallet is designed to look like a wristband. I also picked up something called an SPI Belt (which is the brand name). SPI = Small Personal Items; it's designed for runners to carry things on them like their wallet and ID, etc. when they are out jogging.

All these things have compartments that seal shut, so I can safely carry stones on my person by using any of them. I carry my Fluorite cabs in a little organza pouch, so they won't be scratched by the zipper on the waist wallet (or other modes of transport), and carry them with me.

Selbor13 05-09-2013 11:58 PM

Over the weekend I went to the Himalaya Tourmaline mine in SoCal, dug up some quartz crystals, tourmaline (black, pink and green), mica/lepidolite, morganite and aquamarine (wish they would of been bigger pieces)

Astral Explorer 06-09-2013 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selbor13
Over the weekend I went to the Himalaya Tourmaline mine in SoCal, dug up some quartz crystals, tourmaline (black, pink and green), mica/lepidolite, morganite and aquamarine (wish they would of been bigger pieces)

Awesome man I wish I had a place like that where I live, I have looked for them but the only thing around me is where you can find ancient sea-creature fossils. Interesting for sure but not my thing unfortunately.