Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Your Funeral (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18586)

Squatchit 05-07-2011 09:11 PM

Your Funeral

What do you want? :smile:

Inesophet 05-07-2011 09:24 PM

I want a Mobile phone (with an reception capable of penetrating the earth) in my coffin. Heard too many stories of people being buried alive^^

Ashes to Ashes from david bowie as a song. And a "Video Will" which contains quite a portion of Humor.

Internal Queries 05-07-2011 09:27 PM

i don't want a funeral. just stick the empty carcass (sans toxic chemicals and a coffin) in the ground and plant a tree on it.

Silver 05-07-2011 09:40 PM

This oughta be good!

Amethyst 05-07-2011 10:06 PM

Not really thought about mine.

My partner doesn't like to waste money. He says it's going to get burnt anyway, so not to go to any trouble ordering a coffin for him - a cardboard box or wicker basket will do!

Rivendoah 05-07-2011 10:17 PM

Well, considering that a funeral is not really for the dead, but for the living who must go on, I want to have a ceremony that helps my family with my passing... having attended more than my share of funerals... I know for sure that I want to to be quick... let those who want to talk, talk... let those who want to cry, cry... let those who want to laugh, laugh... and I want to be cremated... no messy decay or expensive coffins or headstones... I would like my ashes to be spread beneath a tree... maybe with a stone seat beside it for people to come and sit if they felt like it... that would be nice...

nightowl 05-07-2011 11:39 PM

I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread over the Appalachian Mountains, let everyone have a party and then predict who I will come back and visit first! heheeeee...:D

I heard last night on the news that a woman who loved fireworks so much had her ashes put in a fireworks shell and her family shot it off last night :icon_eek: now that is going out with a bang...LOL heeeeteeee :D

nightowl

earthprowler 06-07-2011 01:04 AM

i've already informed my husband if i go before him, if anyone plays that boring organ music, i'll come back and haunt him! i want fun music, i want laughter, tell stories!! why cry over a shell of my self? i plan on making myself known..... :wink:

psychoslice 06-07-2011 01:07 AM

My body is being donated to medical science, our local university, they can do what they like with it.

Spiritlite 06-07-2011 01:11 AM

a huge party where people gather around, listen to good music and remember me in good ways and have good laughs.
Spiritlite.

Coming2 08-07-2011 09:08 PM

Ya know I have always wanted to post this but felt it a bit morbid...lol....I mean come on, I feel we all think about it at some point in our life. I am an organ donor but after they harvest my organs I want to be cremated. I want my family to throw a huge party and pass around stories about all the silly things I have done in my life. I want my ashes scattered in the fall under a beautiful tree that has changed its leaves to a brilliant orange-red while playing the song my mom wrote for me on the piano when I was a little girl.

bebelee 10-07-2011 12:10 PM

i would like everyone in white with colors to lighten the mood. Not black. Just simple, no big fancy coffin or anything i'll be getting cremated anyway. I'm thinking i should write a speech to be read out letting everyone know im ok lol. I'd like my ashes put with my sons ashes & scattered somewhere pretty like a nice waterfall or something :)

Asrais 10-07-2011 12:44 PM

My hubby and I have discussed this! When I go, I want to be cremated and kept until he passes (or visa versa, depending on who goes first) then our ashes put into two fireworks - at the end of a big party and firework display we'll be blasted into the sky!

Squatchit 10-07-2011 01:12 PM

Some great responses.

That's a brilliant idea about the fireworks Asrais - love it! :icon_thumleft:

Might I suggest that while you and hubby are zooming skywards, this is played...

Rocket's Tail - Kate Bush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EhmUghu7tI

That November night, looking up into the sky,
You said,

"Hey, wish that was me up there--

It's the biggest rocket I could find,
And it's holding the night in its arms
If only for a moment.
I can't see the look in its eyes,
But I'm sure it must be laughing."

But it seemed to me the saddest thing I'd ever seen,

And I thought you were crazy, wishing such a thing.

I saw only a stick on fire,

Alone on its journey
Home to the quickening ground,
With no one there to catch it.

I put on my pointed hat

And my black and silver suit,
And I check my gunpowder pack
And I strap the stick on my back.
And, dressed as a rocket on Waterloo Bridge--
Nobody seems to see me.
Then, with the fuse in my hand,
And now shooting into the night
And still as a rocket,
I land in the river.

Was it me said you were crazy?

I put on my cloudiest suit,
Size 5 lightning boots, too.

'Cause I am a rocket

On fire.
Look at me go, with my tail on fire,
With my tail on fire,
On fire.
Hey, look at me go, look at me...

moke64916 10-07-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatchit

I want to make a recording of my voice and put it in my coffin and when they start talking about my life, the recording will go off and freak people out, lol. It would remind people of my sense of humor. Then I would like to donate my organs, and be creamated and spread across the same part of Lake Tahoe that my Aunt Beths ashes were spread through. My dad's sisters ashes and my grandpas ashes were put in Lake Tahoe as well. That is where we have our family reunion every 2 years. Big family. Dad's one out of 10. Imagine how many cousins I have.

Asrais 10-07-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

That's a brilliant idea about the fireworks Asrais - love it! :icon_thumleft:

Might I suggest that while you and hubby are zooming skywards, this is played...

Rocket's Tail - Kate Bush

I like it, but I'd be willing to bet hubby will want something by Kiss!!

norseman 10-07-2011 02:38 PM

My preference when the time arrives, is just to wander up onto the moors and vanish.
Failing that, cremation and ashes scattered on the moors.

Kai 10-07-2011 10:57 PM

Rainbow colors. I'm serious. I want my funeral to have rainbow decorations and sparkles. But I'm seriously way too young to be thinking of this haha.

Silver 29-07-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai
Rainbow colors. I'm serious. I want my funeral to have rainbow decorations and sparkles. But I'm seriously way too young to be thinking of this haha.

Hmm...but I'm not too young to think about it (although there is something to be said of planning ahead)...I think I'll borrow your rainbow and sparkles idea, thumbs up! Maybe throw in a little fireworks. Oh and BYOB, and have at it!

Idk I just stumbled on this thread wandering around SF!
:D

Sarian 29-07-2011 04:52 PM

I don't really care what they do with me. I don't want to be buried in the ground in a coffin to rot and take up space. On a daydreaming day, I dream to just be cremated and my ashes scattered by anyone who may love me at my favorite hiking/jogging/walking trail. (has waterfalls, forests and gorges...I love it there) Other times I think just harvest what you can for another person, and/or stick me on a body farm to watch how the body decomposes out in nature. Or donate me to a college to dissect.

Depends on what loved ones prefer mostly.

Trieah 29-07-2011 05:27 PM

I want to have Oingo Boingo's song "Dead Man's Party" blasting all over the whole friggen cemetery!!!!

Silver 29-07-2011 05:29 PM

That IS a great partyin' song, Trieah~* (me too)

~lots of party music, all kinds, just like the prom.

flutterangel 30-07-2011 12:59 AM

I find it interesting that everyone (I believe) that answered wants to be cremated. Me too! No thanks to the coffin and decomposing! Take my ashes to the beach or waterfall, and only happy music at my funeral. It's a celebration of life, to me.
flutter

Lynn 30-07-2011 01:14 AM

Hello

NOT a thing but me wished fullfilled that a University GETS me in all the spender I be LOL. They want me BONES . I have a rather unusual frame to me....

Lynn

not human 30-07-2011 03:07 AM

I want my body to be wrapped in fireworks & shot out of a canon

Mystique Enigma 31-07-2011 06:57 AM

will i be dead at my funeral .... ?

Neville 31-07-2011 07:19 AM

To be honest , you could put my body in a trash bag and leave it out on bin day.... It will be nought but a husk anyway.

Silver 31-07-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neville
To be honest , you could put my body in a trash bag and leave it out on bin day.... It will be nought but a husk anyway.

Well, me too for that matter (just throw in some oranges with cloves sticking in it would be a nice touch) ~ lol

Student4Life1975 31-07-2011 08:25 AM

a party celebrating my life and that of my friends and family. its not going to have a negative feeling, only happy people laughing and talking about everything good.

Squatchit 31-07-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neville

I feel about the same Neville.

Saying that, I am partial to the little creatures of the soil...and those of the deep oceans. So chuck me overboard or bury me and let those little souls nibble away at me.

:fish:

Silver 31-07-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

I feel about the same Neville.

Saying that, I am partial to the little creatures of the soil...and those of the deep oceans. So chuck me overboard or bury me and let those little souls nibble away at me.

:fish:

Weee! I like that idea, being thrown overboard~~~of course, I'd like the perfunctory wreath of roses, nice touch.

Mystfied 31-07-2011 05:30 PM

Hubby's wish is to be cremated and to hold a tail gate Party with his ashes sitting on the tailgate of his truck and all our friends and family there enjoying a BBQ and a few cold beers and playing the music he loved ...Good Old Rockin Roll...:D

eternal mind 31-07-2011 06:09 PM

I want to be a tree when I die. Just plant me next to a seed no casket, and let me grow.

HallowsEve 31-07-2011 10:28 PM

I want to be buried, and like others here.. made into a tree! I'd like some old school Alice Cooper tracks played, nothing too fancy, but I'd like people to have a good time. To remember that I'm never gone, forever.

Dragonfly1 01-08-2011 12:25 AM

I've been considering donating my body to medical science also, lately. Mainly to spare my family an expensive funeral and also to help medicine ie, show people what years of neglect can do to the human body......hehe.. besides I hate the thought of being buried and I hate the thought of being burned.

blackraven 02-08-2011 01:17 AM

Quote:

Squatchit -

I find funerals to be quite morbid. I hate to see people embalmed, made up and displayed in a casket for people to gawk at. I would hate for that to be my ending. Once I'm dead, I'm dead. I've left instructions for no one to view my body at death and for me to be cremated. I don't care for a funeral either. I just want my spouse and son to spread my ashes around a tree I planted on my property in honor of my dog that I had to put down a year ago. That's it.

Blackraven

P.S. I posted this in the "Deathwish" thread started by childheart by mistake. Sorry.

yinepu 02-08-2011 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven
Squatchit -

I've left instructions for no one to view my body at death and for me to be cremated. I don't care for a funeral either.Blackraven

Hey blackraven, im not posting this to change your mind at all , just my experience is all.

When my nana died a few years ago , she had an open coffin, i went in scared, worried, yet when i saw her lying there a wash of relief came over me , she wasnt in there, spiritually she wasnt (Obviously she was dead haha )
She didnt look like her, but i held her hand , stroked her hair, said my goodbyes and gave her a kiss.

For me i was soooo happy , Instead of just walking into the ceremony and seeing a closed casket with my little nana in there , her gorgeous little frail body in there , and crying at her loss in my life, i was relieved knowing she was long gone and to bury the body was just a routine , thats my experience with my forst and only funeral in 37 years and i really cherished the open casket.

Silver 02-08-2011 02:39 AM

Thx for posting that experience yinepu. It does remind me of a funeral I saw on tv, one of the victims of Columbine h.s. shootout, who happened to be a member of a black family ~~~ when it was time to close the casket, the father did the closing, which was something I had never seen done before, I thought was a magnificent and meaningful gesture. It takes my breath away even now, to think of it.

Colhad75 02-08-2011 09:08 AM

Haven't given it much thought, I guess I wouldn't be too worried as I won't be alive to know. I think I'd be having too good a time with The Creator and exploring my new realm in the afterlife.

psychoslice 02-08-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonfly1
I've been considering donating my body to medical science also, lately. Mainly to spare my family an expensive funeral and also to help medicine ie, show people what years of neglect can do to the human body......hehe.. besides I hate the thought of being buried and I hate the thought of being burned.

Hi Dragonfly, Yea that's what I have done, in fact I just finished signing the forms today, we have the James Cook university here in Townsville, so I might meet you there one day, maybe in a bottle lol.