Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Interfaith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   There Is Only One GOD (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21703)

Fujiwara Kaito 03-09-2011 03:41 AM

There Is Only One GOD

^ This is the claim of most religions. ^

The Abrahamic religions believe that god created the universe.
Pagan religions usually believe that god IS the universe / nature.
Scientists can explain it with the big bang.
The Hindu believe that all of there gods are a part of the universe.

It seems to be true: the common belief that there is only one god.
Could it be, that all gods are just another face of the same? I think so.
All that is = all that is! we are a part of it!

Maybe it is time we all look god in the face, by looking within ourselves.
Then can we see the beauty in ALL religion.
I believe we all agree and that we just don't know it.
I see all religion as pieces of a spiritual puzzle. - one we have yet to finish -

UniverseofLove 21-02-2012 04:15 AM

Well put, Fujiwara Kaito.
I believe that there is one Creator, for lack of a better term, and believe that All-That-Is is Universe or Source: all my terms for the ever popular God, Allah, Jehova, etc.
The details maybe different, since many believe in karma and reincarnation while others believe you're judged after life and go to heaven or hell, but there are also others who would brew a potion or a remedy and another who would channell healing energy through their hands.
Whatever the details of your practice, I believe we all believe in the same Creator (although, I'm unsure what those with many Gods and Goddesses believe - sorry :angel10:).

I have never been one for dogma, which is partly why I have such a fondness for Buddhism, and I find my comfort in a lot of New Age Spirituality among other faiths and religions, but I've seen plenty of beauty in various religions.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
is a wonderful line from the Bible in Matthew: 7:7 . I think that's a great way of saying Source is always here for us, or in us.
"Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill,
An ye harm none, do as thou will."
are a couple of beautiful lines from the Wiccan Rede. I think this is a brilliant way of saying you have freedom in your practice, as long as you don't hurt anyone or anything: carry out your magic and wonders, but not at the expense of any.

These were just a couple of examples of the beauty that is in religeon. The main reason I am not fond of religion is because people can get caught up in it and lose their way. Other than that, aren't most or all based on love?

Love and Light

Morpheus 04-03-2012 07:13 PM

If one gets out of their egoic perception of things, which is related to the survival instinct of this limited organic aspect, one can see how Jesus confirmed the Far Eastern teachings of, "Maya". The illusory aspect of the material world.

Quintessence 05-03-2012 04:12 AM

Arguing about whether deity is many or one is missing the point, IMHO. It is like arguing about whether or not a woodland is a forest or a bunch of trees. It's both. It's neither. It depends entirely on your point of view and how you decide to map the territory.

psychoslice 05-03-2012 04:15 AM

There isn't even one God, there is just what IS, to say that there is one God, is like saying that there must be, or could be more god's.

Xan 05-03-2012 04:19 AM

There is one Oneness... which feels like God.

Xan

psychoslice 05-03-2012 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan
There is one Oneness... which feels like God.

Xan

Or there is Oneness...that is believed to be God.

Animus27 05-03-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujiwara Kaito

I see all religion as pieces of a spiritual puzzle. - one we have yet to finish -

I don't buy it. :smile:

Seawolf 05-03-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Religions are beautiful because they're different expressions of humanity throughout history trying to understand the 'why'. We don't understand who we are or why we're here, so we try to figure it out. Sure religions have some similarities, because we're all humans.

Also they have differences, which is beautiful too because we're also very diverse. We often want everyone to be the same, but we should appreciate the diversity instead of saying all religions are the same or that they should unite. If everyone believed the same way it would be a boring world. Much like a hell.

Animus27 05-03-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seawolf
Religions are beautiful because they're different expressions of humanity throughout history trying to understand the 'why'. We don't understand who we are or why we're here, so we try to figure it out. Sure religions have some similarities, because we're all humans.

Also they have differences, which is beautiful too because we're also very diverse. We often want everyone to be the same, but we should appreciate the diversity instead of saying all religions are the same or that they should unite. If everyone believed the same way it would be a boring world. Much like a hell.

Agreed.

When one insists that all religions are inherently the same or that their differences are merely superficial, usually reveals that they lack any note worthy understanding of different customs and beliefs. They are all an expression of mankind's connection to the world and various things within it, whether it's a god or otherworld, or nature itself. But they differ in very sharp ways, and in learning about them, one learns about man's relationship to the world and himself, seeing the kaleidoscope of diversity that paints the canvas of our species.

Occultist 05-03-2012 09:11 PM

sorry it is insulting to me to believe my believe go door to door spreading crazy with pamphlets or my believe doesnt judge you an my believe would never be so arrogant to say there the only god all gods are me.
Frankly it is insulting to me believe and path. Every God is different not one the same. I am sorry but a Little touchy on this subject and no I dont worship the same God as you.

Toolite 06-03-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Occultist
sorry it is insulting to me to believe my believe go door to door spreading crazy with pamphlets or my believe doesnt judge you an my believe would never be so arrogant to say there the only god all gods are me.
Frankly it is insulting to me believe and path. Every God is different not one the same. I am sorry but a Little touchy on this subject and no I dont worship the same God as you.

Hi Occultist!

Sending you a great big hug and smile:hug2: I havent seen you over in mediumship for awhile.:hug2: .

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

knightofalbion 10-03-2012 12:49 PM

There is only one God...but He has a thousand names.

CatChild 11-03-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Nice OP!

I enjoy seeing people focus more on the commonalities. Faiths are personal.

Tanith 11-03-2012 04:26 AM

My personal beliefs on deity are as many-faceted as most religions and the gods they all worship. When it comes down to it, I don't know anything, I can only go by what I feel is right for me. What feels right to me is that there is a Oneness that created Them.

Personally, I do believe in gods and goddesses and I believe in MANY such gods and goddesses.

However, I also believe that man created the gods, not the other way around. So yes, there are many gods and goddesses and they may or may not be one and the same.

I honor many and all gods and goddesses because I feel as if they are deserving of my respect; someone somewhere at some point in history honored and revered them, and therefore that makes them as real as anything else.

psychoslice 11-03-2012 04:40 AM

God is only a name we toy with, until we realize that we are all ONE, and that there is nothing outside this Oneness, the word god is now useless to us.

Sankhara 11-03-2012 05:37 AM

'Truth is one, the sages speak of it by many names'. Some interesting thoughts. For me the term God and the various images, ideas and concepts surround the word are merely mankinds feeble attempt to cloath the mystery of divinity in language. Now this concept varies from culture to culture but all the different interpretations are but reference to something higher ( consider Plato and his theory of forms). Despite all of this the notion of divinity implies a certain unity, a 'oneness' as some of you have stated. Since our universe is dualistic, the 'oneness' of divinity would imply that our universe descended from this wholeness into the dual material world we occupy. The one becoming many. 'God' for me is the source of all things.

Narcissus 11-03-2012 06:48 AM

If we take god individually or numerically there are zillions of gods, uncountable, for each of what is in this cosmology nothing other than God or the manifestation of God. I do not want personalize God. God is something universal and all of us are part of God and are thus integral to or God.

Sumo 12-03-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
God is only a name we toy with, until we realize that we are all ONE, and that there is nothing outside this Oneness, the word god is now useless to us.

I love your comment! :hug3:

CSEe 14-03-2012 11:17 AM

Just sharing . In my current opinion , the only "ONE" in all "being" is OWNSELF . The only "one" to understand , to discover , to accept is "OWNSELF"....nothing is more "greater" than OWNSELF .Nothing is greater or lesser than me .Thats buddhism that I currently understand .
Thks
CSEe

Morpheus 09-06-2012 11:54 PM

ONE GOD

Fujiwara:
Quote:

"Maybe it is time we all look god in the face, by looking within ourselves.
I see all religion as pieces of a spiritual puzzle. - one we have yet to finish -"

See my post, "Mirror Time", in the Christianity thread.

Knight:
Quote:

There is only one God...but He has a thousand names.

Many people think they know the Bible, but it isn't true. Including the critics of it.

St. Paul, while in Greece, quoted to them during one address, that he noticed many tribute statues to various gods. Including one to the, "Unknown God", who he said to them he came to tell them about.
Then, he prceeded to quote to them something from one of their own poets concerning the nature of God.

How, "In Him we live, and move, and have our being."

psycho:
Quote:

Highly presumptious of you, and indicating a situation of ego, mindset of disaffection, and, of a lack of understanding of the term, label, and descript of, "God".

"Definition of GOD
1capitalized :
the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically :
one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
: a person or thing of supreme value
: a powerful ruler"

Webster
http://search.aol.com/aol/search?query=Webster+Online%2C+%22God%22&invocatio nType=msie70a

CatChild 10-06-2012 12:29 AM

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_portland_me_.html

Lightspirit 10-06-2012 12:37 AM

Choose your God and be at peace with your decision that you chose correctly.

I think to be of 2 minds would be worse than having none.

Who can define God? Its a belief and hope thing.

CatChild 10-06-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
Choose your God and be at peace with your decision that you chose correctly.

I think to be of 2 minds would be worse than having none.

Two thumbs up!

Aquarian 10-06-2012 09:38 PM

There is definitely one main God. I met Him/Her.

I now understand this planet/universe is messed up because of an evil intelligence that we can only assume was originally created by God. There is no way God would create a reality where children would suffer so much outside of their control.

So it implies that God left the creation of this universe down to a series of demigods. One (or more) became "Satan" and others were good. Just as we human beings manifest jointly, so did they.
Planet Earth, with its beauty and its darkness, was the result.

she who plays 10-06-2012 11:33 PM

The subjective imagination plays as much of a role in what God is as the objective reality of things. One should reach a point where they find no difference between these distinctions; subject, object.
The true state of life is always dual, but we need only bathe in the light. The darkness has to be there (Well, it actually has no being of itself so it can't be said to exist, but it is a necessary requirement for creation because it contains all the potential forms).

From this core duality we can paradoxically become absolute because in a mode of acceptance we can understand God as simultaneous difference & non-difference. Both exist, yet neither do. This goes for all dualities.

God is paradox. ;-)
If one understands this concept, and truly wants an end to arguing and bickering, then we can all move on from correcting each other all the time, and live life more.

Aquarian 11-06-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by she who plays
The darkness has to be there (Well, it actually has no being of itself so it can't be said to exist, but it is a necessary requirement for creation because it contains all the potential forms).

What makes you think darkness "contains all the potential forms"?

Sybilline 11-06-2012 01:03 AM

I agree Fujiwara,

Many faces of God have been thought of, in an attempt to define that which cannot be defined; it is natural for humans to do that, to attempt to fit something in to our laws and standards, to attempt to turn things into something within our comprehension, whilst still maintaining the idea that it is beyond.

Sybilline 11-06-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian
There is definitely one main God. I met Him/Her.

I now understand this planet/universe is messed up because of an evil intelligence that we can only assume was originally created by God. There is no way God would create a reality where children would suffer so much outside of their control.

So it implies that God left the creation of this universe down to a series of demigods. One (or more) became "Satan" and others were good. Just as we human beings manifest jointly, so did they.
Planet Earth, with its beauty and its darkness, was the result.

That's a good view :) But I also would like to think that the "demigod" is God and the suffering children are God, just as we all are.

Sybilline 11-06-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
"Definition of GOD
1capitalized :
the supreme or ultimate reality: as a : the Being perfect in power, wisdom, and goodness who is worshipped as creator and ruler of the universe

b Christian Science : the incorporeal divine Principle ruling over all as eternal Spirit : infinite Mind
2: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically :
one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality
: a person or thing of supreme value
: a powerful ruler"

Webster
http://search.aol.com/aol/search?query=Webster+Online%2C+%22God%22&invocatio nType=msie70a

This Webster ---- he is human, no?

Then this definition in his book ---- is his, and perhaps his other sources? They are also created by other humans. Webster has his definition, just as each and everyone of us does... :)

Aquarian 11-06-2012 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybilline
That's a good view :) But I also would like to think that the "demigod" is God and the suffering children are God, just as we all are.

Probably. :wink:

If you read further down the thread I linked to, there are a couple of quotes from Paramhansa Yogananda which do this subject more justice than I can.

she who plays 11-06-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquarian
What makes you think darkness "contains all the potential forms"?

'Light' is just pure being-ness; energy and awareness. When the light comes in contact with 'darkness' light forms can be created. God naturally becomes individual from a point of oneness. This is creation.
The world is actually in darkness because matter is finished energy. The only light is your own awareness...

Potential has to be zero; nothing; negative. Otherwise nothing particular could happen. Zero being a placeholder contains all other numbers. Light brings such digits into manifestation (awareness).

Morpheus 20-08-2012 11:35 PM

"Despite this strangeness of light, almost all the scientific knowledge of our universe comes from the interaction of light with matter -- light is at the foundation of all science (Ball, 1994)."

FMBR, Outer and Inner Light

“Beneath all matter we must assume the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind.
This mind is the Matrix of all matter.”— Max Planck,
“Father” of quantum theory, 1917

Amilius777 02-10-2012 04:51 PM

I agree with psycholice on this subject. The Bible says- "The Lord thy God is ONE". It doesn't say we have one God. Moses and the prophets tried very hard to describe this Oneness Spirit but it was very difficult. If there are any other gods then it is us- we as spirits. Because even though there is the One, there is all of us. But that is another subject.

There couldn't possibly be anything else except The One. That is why in Catholicism, they believe the One had to become "three" so that humans could understand how the One (God) works in relation to humanity.

The Muslims say- "There is no God but GOD". This is one of the best ways to describe it.

RabbiO 03-10-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amilius777
The Bible says- "The Lord thy God is ONE"....

Presuming we're talking about Deuteronomy 6:4, the Hebrew text actually, of course, does not mention "the Lord." Furthermore, the exact meaning of0the verse is not 100% certain - there are several different translations that have legitimacy - owing to the lack of punctuation in biblical Hebrew, the lack of an explicative verb and the several meanings/usages of the word "echad".

B'shalom,

Peter

Morpheus 22-10-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
There isn't even one God, there is just what IS, to say that there is one God, is like saying that there must be, or could be more god's.

When sending Moses to the Egyptians, He refers to Himself as, "I Am".
Inferring ever present, and apart from time, (and space), transcending such.

Ultimately, Unity and, "oness" exists.

Also psycho, Jesus stated to His inquisitors, with stones in their hands, "ye are gods", quoting from God's words, in Psalm 82.
Regarding the Angelic, as well, it becomes evident with study that humanity's origin, apart from the illusory time and space construct and the situation of Evolution therein, is apart from the construct.
http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

Also, "Stars" throughout the ages of the Biblical writings represent both angels, and people alike.
From Genesis onward.

Again, a situation, also, of levels and orders is evident.

Morpheus 22-10-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

I agree with psycholice on this subject. The Bible says- "The Lord thy God is ONE". It doesn't say we have one God. Moses and the prophets tried very hard to describe this Oneness Spirit but it was very difficult. If there are any other gods then it is us- we as spirits. Because even though there is the One, there is all of us. But that is another subject.

Quote:

There couldn't possibly be anything else except The One.
That is why in Catholicism, they believe the One had to become "three" so that humans could understand how the One (God) works in relation to humanity.

The Muslims say- "There is no God but GOD". This is one of the best ways to describe it.

"In Whom we live, and move, and have our being." As Paul also stated to the Greeks.
However Amillus, concerning manifestation to those who reside in situation of duality, in the world, the Trinty didn't originate with Catholicism.
And, 3 is a divine number.

as is 7, and 12.

Bluegreen 22-10-2012 08:52 PM

Dolores Cannon hypnotized her clients and took them back to former lives which they recounted using the pronoun "I". She then induced a deeper level which she called "the somnambulist state." In this state the clients used the pronoun "we." It was always the same 'entity' no matter when or where she took clients to the somnambulist state. She asked many questions.

Asked about God, the answer was that God is not an entity and to personify God is limiting the concept. God is the collective positive force of All That Is, God is the glue of the universe.

Asked about prayer, the answer was that prayer is consciously directed energy, it is not asking. It is thinking your thoughts toward a specific goal.

Asked about meditation, the answer was that meditation is being open to what comes in. The difference between random thoughts and thoughts from the larger self is that the latter have an emotional impact. Feeling is the key here.

It occurs to me that if everything evolves then there must be souls that have evolved to a degree which makes us humans regard them as gods.

Khaldun 02-01-2013 04:18 PM

There's only one God!
And only one Goddess!

Both are the two aspects of Deity.
And Deity is Absolute Personality to me.

Of course, my theology is very different from others that only stress one or the other or neither, and/or do not consider Deity as Absolute Personality.

I am very careful not to consider or proclaim that we're all necessarily talking about the same thing - regardless of language and respective theology - because, simply put: we're not.

Both strong similarities and strong differences can, and do, exist.

Morpheus 08-01-2013 02:01 AM

We are already are luminous beings apart from the Construct. Apart from Time.
Evolution pertains to the Construct.

Welcome to The Matrix.