Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Interfaith (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   There Is Only One GOD (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21703)

Juanita 08-01-2013 03:16 AM

God/Source/universal intelligence/All that is/Great Spirit/Creator/One.........by any name still IS.........

lovingvibrations 03-05-2014 07:43 AM

May we all realise the divinity that lies within us and may we radiate this and become one with who we truly are!

Lilyth Von Gore 03-05-2014 11:03 PM

Pagan religions are not abrahamic. Pagans believe in many Gods.

Morpheus 04-05-2014 07:26 AM

Paganism is not Pantheism. There is a difference.
The Bible makes clear for example that Jesus is the Word of God Eternal, apart from time and space, made flesh within time and space.
His Spirit infills the recipient of Salvation.

That, He is Three in One.

Regarding Abraham? Abraham in the wilderness recognized God in the three "angelic" visitors, who are heading towards Sodom. Only two of them actually arrived there.
Clearly, Abraham recognized One of the Three as the Lord.

Ultimately, all is one in God. In Whom we live, and move, and have our being", as St. Paul cited. Superficially, we see duality. Ultimately, there is no such thing.

Eliab_ben_B 04-05-2014 08:36 AM

Yes just One .... as in one creator ...
however humanity according to its nature, culture or lifestyle has discerned many aspects or parts of the nature of HaShem ... so some have perceived those as separate entities .... Even we as individuals are made up of many parts that together make up One ... :wink:

Seawolf 07-05-2014 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fujiwara Kaito
It seems to be true: the common belief that there is only one god.
Could it be, that all gods are just another face of the same? I think so.
All that is = all that is! we are a part of it!

Buddhism doesn't believe in any gods at all. Interfaith is about learning about different religions and respecting their differences, not about putting all religions under the umbrella of your own belief system.

Morpheus 08-05-2014 06:28 AM

Fujiwara is referring to Pantheism.

Regarding Buddha's teachings though, Sea, I had this...

Below is Buddha’s description of the Absolute," (God), in the Udana passage of the Kuddaka Nikaya:30
“There is, O monks, an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed.

Were there not, O monks, this Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, there would be no escape from the world of the born, originated, created, formed.
Since, O monks, there is an Unborn, Unoriginated, Uncreated, Unformed, therefore is there an escape from that born, originated, created, formed.
What is dependent, that also moves; what is independent does not move. Where there is no movement, there is rest; where rest is, there is no desire; where there is no desire, there is neither coming nor going; no ceasing-to-be;
no further coming-to-be.

Where there is no ceasing-to-be, no further coming-to-be, there is neither this shore (this world) nor the other shore (Nibbana31), nor anything between them.32 Udana 8:3
(Cf. translation in Minor Anthologies, pg. 98.)"

jenriggs 09-05-2014 01:10 AM

I believe in a universal source, not a physical god. However, i believe we are all gods. We are all one, we are all connected, we just have amnesia. We are powerful beings. No man with a beard judging or punishing us.

Morpheus 09-05-2014 03:10 AM

Judgement does exist. We are part of it, also.

Mazulu 09-05-2014 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morpheus
Judgement does exist. We are part of it, also.

Yes of course judgement exists. Humans are really good at it. But does God judge us? Sometimes I think God watches us the way we watch TV.