Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Paganism (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Tell Me about Witches... (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18251)

nightowl 28-06-2011 11:02 PM

Tell Me about Witches...

I am interested in what a witch really is. I am not looking for information about how evil they are, so please don't go there. :smile:

Do you believe the abilities that a witch has is learned, inherited or both?

Do you believe these abilities come from a higher source or a source outside yourself?

Do you as witches have sacred text or books that are a standard in your belief system?

Do you consider your beliefs as a religion?

What is the history of your beliefs?

Are there signs a person exhibits that could indicate that they may be a witch?

Thanks for sharing with me I appreciate it :hug3:

nightowl

Silver 28-06-2011 11:07 PM

~smiles~ I've been called one, but never considered myself one.

nightowl 28-06-2011 11:16 PM

heheee...me too...okay tell me why you have been called one? What did they see in you that would cause them to refer to you as a witch?

nightowl

Silver 28-06-2011 11:25 PM

I think it's because some instances have occurred where it seemed like I was reading their minds, but I was just coming to conclusions based on just everyday stuff and probably a large dab of intuition, which I've been told a lot earlier that mine's very good. In another more recent incident, they may have been kidding, or it was that same thing, they wondered how I knew something without seeming to have been clued in, in any obvious way.

Scibat 28-06-2011 11:29 PM

If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore a witch! :wink:

Silver 28-06-2011 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scibat
If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood, and therefore a witch! :wink:

Heehee, never heard that one before, Scibat!
:icon_scratch: :D

nightowl 28-06-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scibat

heheeee... she turned me in a newt...I got better! heeehhheee...thanks for the humor Scibat! :D Shout out Monty Python..

SG, oh that definitely make you one...heheeee...same here, so I guess me too.

I really hope to have some of these questions answered I am genuinely curious, aren't you?

nightowl

Silver 28-06-2011 11:38 PM

I guess that makes us accidental witches, nightowl!

Medium_Laura 28-06-2011 11:58 PM

AHHH Python <3 Gotta love them :)

ok now for the questions.

Do you believe the abilities that a witch has is learned, inherited or both?
Both. I learned but my daughter was born to 2 witches, therefore making her hereditary.

Do you believe these abilities come from a higher source or a source outside yourself?
Yes, all witches (who are also Wiccan. There is a difference!) Believe in the Lord and the Lady and that our abilities/powers come from them.

Do you as witches have sacred text or books that are a standard in your belief system?

Just our BOS (Book of Shadows) this book is passed down generation to generation and added to. Kinda like a cook book :) The Wiccan Rede is our doctrine, our creed if you will.

Do you consider your beliefs as a religion?
Wicca is a religion, not all witches follow Wicca. There is a fine line. I myself am Wiccan but have now moved into more "spiritual" as I adopt some Buddhist and Native ways as well. I consider myself a witch because I still uphold the rede and 3 fold laws as well as do spell work.

What is the history of your beliefs?
History? When it's passed down through generations it comes from the eldest witch usually. My great gram was Native American which is very similar, but my other great gram was said to be a "midwife" the code back then for witch.
Are there signs a person exhibits that could indicate that they may be a witch?
Being a witch is chosen, unless you are born to parents who are Wiccan or practicing witches. You can choose to dedicate yourself in the Craft through a self-dedication rite. I don't think I act or show signs any differently. I don't have a wart or wear a pointy hat :) No sparks shoot from my fingers (yet!!)

nightowl 29-06-2011 04:43 AM

Thank you ML. Interesting...

Hope to hear some more views...

nightowl