Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Soulmates & Twin Flames (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The love of your life (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119706)

Ariaecheflame 05-01-2018 05:19 AM

I think that the love of my life is freedom... lol - freedom isn't limiting at all.

jro5139 05-01-2018 02:50 PM

Personally, I know I've had a few past lives with my twin, at least 3 of which I have memories of. I suspect there are more.

I resonated a lot with what Sam said, these phases ("love of my life", "the one", and even "if it's meant to be, it will be") seem to me to be fairy- tale thinking. And if there's one thing I'm sure of, we aren't here to live fairy-tales. Earth is a school, it's about learning, growing and realizing who we really are, becoming who we are really supposed to be. There is no part of living a fairy-tale that would be beneficial to this process.
I also feel that we have been sold a lemon so to speak by our society, specifically by organizations such as Disney. I believe that there is very much an agenda behind things such as Disney and it's meant to keep us distracted and misinformed. But that's another topic altogether.

I will say, that my twin is one of the people that I love the most, and that love doesn't appear to be going away no matter how much time we spend apart. And this seems to set it apart from other loves that I have experienced. I would agree, there are different tiers of love. And I would agree, that each experience is meant to teach us something that we need to know at that time. Still, neither of the long term relationships that I had are something I would want to repeat (in this life or any other). So they were "right" in the sense that they taught me something I needed to learn. But they were wrong in that there was no soul connection bonding me to these people.
As far as "meant to be", yes there are things that are pre-destined and we do have paths that are for our better good than others but we also have free will to choose what we do, and following our highest paths involves the work. For example, I have found my calling and I am working towards doing what I consider to be one of my current highest paths. However, this path would have never just fallen into my lap and will not happen unless I put in the work it is taking to get there. So there are things we choose to do and things we choose not to do.

The second part of your question is really a question of law of attraction, if we tell ourselves that we have experienced the love of our lives and lost it, because we are focused on the lose, will we attract more lose? I understand that everything is energy but I'm not so convinced that the loa is as simple as it's always portrayed. Besides that, something about this thought, just seems cruel and makes me cringe.
Personally, I believe that a lot of what I have experienced in this life, is about straightening out karma and learning what I need to know to be ready for Ascension. Those are my current beliefs, anyone else can disregard them if they don't resonate. If you are worried about attracting negative because of this thought, than why not think of it like this... this is the greatest love I have experienced up to this point, but that doesn't mean there are not greater or equally as great loves out there that I can also experience.

SaturninePluto 05-01-2018 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inika
No. My life is not over.

The best is yet to come.

everyone is the love of my life. Maybe only a handful will be fated to experience lessons with.

I love this thinking, and attitude here. :hug3:

This is exactly how I have felt about this topic, we'll love of our lives topic more so, as I don't really live in a community where anyone has asked me if I think my TF is the love of my life.

I have been feeling strongly lately that everyone has meaning, something to teach about myself, and joy to share. Imo simply because the next lover doesn't feel the same as my first love, does not mean I do not love them.

In fact the first love was way too much. Too much of a connection, which added to pain. People are never what we expect.

I'd prefer a normal run of the mill eating in and watching, listening to something type love, than a karmic we get along splendidly but when is the next time he is going to painfully cut my spirit to the quick because despite there is a strong connection people aren't perfect.

Often I wonder why some relationships ending hurt more than others?

Christian Male 05-01-2018 05:03 PM

Not sure Luna. I know the individual that I’m involved with seems to think that there were two individuals that came into her life that she messed up with. I’ve listened to both stories and I’m not really sure that either of them are what she really thinks they are because if they were I tend to think that something would’ve actually happened that would have solidified the basis for her reasoning; and I didn’t hear any of that. So, where the one is concerned or rather a twin flame to be more precise in this case, I’m not sure if what she was experiencing was just a cycle of the same wrong thinking that she had been going through during the course of her life. She hasn’t ever mentioned anything about her connections with those individuals but at the same time she has never expressed to me anything about the connection that I have with her so I don’t know if it’s mutual. The other thing that she mentioned was that she got dreams and visions of the individual that she met right before me. That was the end of that conversation and I didn’t want to press it anymore than that. I did get the impression after a remark that I made one time; that I can take it or leave it, where whatever the relationship that her and I have begins or ends and that the Lord will bring someone else into my life if she isn’t who I think she is. She became extremely uncomfortable and attempted to reason w/ me that I shouldn’t look at it that way. Is there any other way to look at it? As I said, if she is the one, my tf, my sm, my wife then God/ the Universe will look to make right those things meant to be. If not then it wasn’t meant to be, for reasons I may never understand. I’ve been w/o her forever so I don’t see it as I’m missing anything, except maybe perhaps her. All that I can do is watch how it all plays out. Is it possible that I’m wrong and she’s right? I never said I was perfect.

ForeverRestless 06-01-2018 01:29 AM

I've been in a new relationship for a year but my TF is still very much the love of my life. My TF more or less told me the same thing about his very own experience of me recently, too. It would serve me well to move on, but alas, I'm still haunted by both the memories and the enduring nature of the connection. The good news (I guess?) is that you don't feel constantly "in love" with your twin once enough time has passed. But you do still love them in a way so profound, so deep and so unconditional that no other human relationship can touch it. Let's face it: We knew it was an anomaly when we began the bubble love phase. And that's a big reason why we were so scared to lose the relationship with our Twin in the first place.

However, I'm a better and stronger person after what I went through, not to mention a much better person to be in a relationship with than I used to be. So I suppose that's good. Really wish I could feel more, though.

Elysium 06-01-2018 04:35 AM

She was the love of my life, but I believe there are more than one "loves of my life"