Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tai Chi & Chi Gong (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   What is it??? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=132613)

jojo95 21-11-2019 10:44 PM

What is it???

What is Tai Chi & Chi Gong?

ImthatIm 26-11-2019 03:06 PM

Here is a bit of reading from the Tai Chi society.

http://www.taichisociety.net/differe...hi-qigong.html

sky 27-11-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo95

Tai Chi is a Martial Art.
Qigong is a Healing Art.

Starjumper7 18-04-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojo95

Tai chi is an internal martial art, but it is traditionally taught with slow movements, which makes it a type of chi kung when practiced slowly.

Technically chi kung can be defined as a type of yoga, although it works much differently than yoga that is popularly known in the West.

chi Kung consists of small sets of exercises that are taken out fo the vast and powerful nei kung systems.

It is said that nei kung contains ten thousand techniques, and it is an absolutely holistic method of cultivating health in all aspects, physical health, emotional health, and spiritual health, and it proceeds along that path. First physical health is corrected, then emotional health, and only then is a person truly ready for a high power spiritual path.

Chi kung, is for people who want to improve their physical health, and the sitting meditation aspect, which is left out of most types of chi kung, is for addressing emotional health.

The spiritual and chi power cultivation aspects of it are kept secret.

Starjumper7 18-04-2020 03:08 PM

Tai chi, if learned the proper way, is a much better type of chi kung for health than most of the chi kung that is sold to the public, which is termed wimpy chi kung.

There are however, a couple of very good types of medical chi kung, which are great for people who want to heal some sickness with a minimum of dedication and effort.

Tai chi is also a very effective and deadly martial art, it relies principally on the methods of evasion and yielding in order to get an attacker into a compromised position. Tai chi is also the kind of martial art which has the goal of ending a fight in one second, and is not used in sparring and fighting in the ring; where to Lumbering Lumoxes play patty cake and beat on each other for minutes on end. The only reason they can do that is because they are protected by many rules.

sky 19-04-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starjumper7
Tai chi, if learned the proper way, is a much better type of chi kung for health than most of the chi kung that is sold to the public, which is termed wimpy chi kung.

There are however, a couple of very good types of medical chi kung, which are great for people who want to heal some sickness with a minimum of dedication and effort.

Tai chi is also a very effective and deadly martial art, it relies principally on the methods of evasion and yielding in order to get an attacker into a compromised position. Tai chi is also the kind of martial art which has the goal of ending a fight in one second, and is not used in sparring and fighting in the ring; where to Lumbering Lumoxes play patty cake and beat on each other for minutes on end. The only reason they can do that is because they are protected by many rules.

Tai Chi is a Martial Art, Qigong is a Healing Art and are separate. I am not referring to the Western idea and modern Styles which have been invented, I am referring to original Teachings which are thousands of years old.

Starjumper7 19-04-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sky123
Tai Chi is a Martial Art, Qigong is a Healing Art and are separate. I am not referring to the Western idea and modern Styles which have been invented, I am referring to original Teachings which are thousands of years old.

To say that something is only done one way is the mark of ignorance and fundamentalism.

Starjumper7 19-04-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

There are many different types of chi kung, which have been created to address all kinds of cultivation. Some focus on medical problems, some focus on stretching, some focus on strengthening muscles, tendons, and bones, some focus on toughening the body to withstand blows, some focus on cultivating chi power, and some focus on spiritual growth. A good nei kung system, which is what I have learned and share, focusses on all of them at the same time, and it takes a decade to learn the keys to the system, and a couple of decades of sincere practice to discover the gifts that those keys give us.

Starjumper7 19-04-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Back in the good old days a person would not start teaching until they had been at it for thirty years. Sadly, these days that is not the case, and a lot of teachers are rank amateurs, teaching the way rank amateurs teach, which is the fundamentalist way, the Way of ignorance.

Starjumper7 19-04-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

My chi kung system is four thousand years old, and I have learned tai chi from some highest level masters. Practicing the tai chi FORM IS an excellent type of chi kung, in fact it is a better type of chi kung than most of the watered down, yoga style, drivel that is out there.