Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   UFOs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Saw this Saturday night...Opinions? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122200)

Spirit bird 24-04-2018 08:40 PM

Saw this Saturday night...Opinions?

1 Attachment(s)
I live in an area out in the country and I have had on occasions numerous sightings in various areas of strange anomalies or ufos. What makes this one even more interesting to me is that the doubting Thomas I live with (who I might add isn't even close to being awakened spiritually) also took notice. In fact it was he who told me to take a look at the sporadic way it was moving along with the lights. I agree it was quite different from others I've seen in the past because I have captured others while driving in the country. So I managed to get off a pic of this craft. It did not fly like any drone I've ever seen in the way it moved. But it sure caught our attention. What I noticed was it looked almost triangular or similar to a boom-a-rang in it's shape. Any feedback is appreciated.

desert rat 24-04-2018 11:06 PM

What I see looks like a con trail.

p.s. I looked at your pic. on my lap top . It could be a craft , it could be a flying bug .

Chrysalis 25-04-2018 01:04 AM

There's a lot of zigging and zagging going on. I don't recognize the flight pattern (trail of lights). All I see are lights. I can't find anything else. Did you take the pic in the day or night?

Even though I can't see any triangular shape. Whatever it is, I feel there's two of them flying in unison.

Spirit bird 25-04-2018 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis
There's a lot of zigging and zagging going on. I don't recognize the flight pattern (trail of lights). All I see are lights. I can't find anything else. Did you take the pic in the day or night?

Even though I can't see any triangular shape. Whatever it is, I feel there's two of them flying in unison.

It was taken at night. The flight pattern was sporadic and at one point it stood almost still in one place and did not move. I think the lights that seem to trail off of it may possibly just be the shutter speed on the camera. Not sure but I know the speed does slow down when using it without the flash so possibly the streamer type lights are just that it moved when the shutter speed finally took the pic. It really was quite something to see and although I have seen and filmed others this is the first one that had a triangular shape that I've witnessed. The others had different shapes than this one had. I knew it was quite something because I have never had my other half gain any interest when I would talk about these things but he was the one that actually noticed it first and was mesmerized watching it.

mosaicmind 25-04-2018 02:32 AM

Hi Spirit Bird -- If you don't know about MUFON, you should check them out.
They're the Mutual U.F.O Network, and they investigate UFO sightings.
Their recently elected Director of Research -- Dr. Chris Cogswell -- is very dedicated to a level-headed, scientific method of investigation.
I can't post links yet because I'm still a newb, but if you go to mufon.com
there's a link in the upper right side of the page to report a ufo sighting. :)

Little Creek77 25-04-2018 06:06 PM

Could just be a shaky camera, or someone jiggling a penlights close to the camera. On a Slow shutter speed.

Spirit bird 25-04-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Creek77
Could just be a shaky camera, or someone jiggling a penlights close to the camera. On a Slow shutter speed.

This was something we both witnessed in the night sky..it is NOT a penlight as you are suggesting. I don't have it in me to be deceitful in that way or in any manner for those who really know me, I have always prided myself on being honest and setting an example for my child.

This is not the first time I have seen or witnessed something I could not explain with rational thinking and I have captured other images as well in the past. It is only that this one stood out in particular because of the shape of it which is why I decided to post it. My other half is completely aloof of any interest in conversations regarding anything "open" or "spiritual in nature" which is why he always makes himself scarce when my friends visit and EVEN HE was mesmerized and rooted in one spot when he saw it which is also why he struck my notice to it, and that says alot knowing him as I do.

mosaicmind 26-04-2018 02:46 AM

Do you know if there are people on adjacent properties who might fly drones? If each trail in your picture corresponds to a light on the "craft," it could be a match for a drone.
I don't know if that would fit the conditions of what you saw, but it's always a possibility worth ruling out. They're becoming very widely used -- even ranchers use them to check on their properties sometimes.
On the other hand, some people feel that drones are the new "weather balloons" or "swamp gas." ;)

Spirit bird 26-04-2018 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mosaicmind
Do you know if there are people on adjacent properties who might fly drones? If each trail in your picture corresponds to a light on the "craft," it could be a match for a drone.
I don't know if that would fit the conditions of what you saw, but it's always a possibility worth ruling out. They're becoming very widely used -- even ranchers use them to check on their properties sometimes.
On the other hand, some people feel that drones are the new "weather balloons" or "swamp gas." ;)

This object was actually much higher than a drone. I actually used my telephoto lense on the camera to get a better shot of it. I have seen drones in the past so I do know what you are talking about and I do know that some come with lights on them as well. But the three reasons I strongly feel this was not a drone is because for one...I feel we would have heard something if it were a drone and all was quiet outside, secondly it was flying at a heigth that I don't feel someone nearby or a neighbor would fly one at, and probably the most obvious reason was because of not only the shape of it but also the fact that the flight pattern was so erratic that I honestly don't feel a drone could create that pattern even if someone was very savvy at flying them. You would have had to witness it to know what I mean. It is hard to describe and highly unusual. I really don't think it was a drone because if someone nearby did have one especially one that elaborate with lights on it I can't imagine them wanting to fly it in the pitch black of night on the off chance something would cause it to drop in a field or something because they'd never locate it in the dark if the lights went off it. That was my rationale on it.

mosaicmind 27-04-2018 02:11 AM

One reason I asked about drones is that some people (usually teenaged boys) sometimes fly drones at night expressly in the hopes of making people think they've seen something "unexplained." Just something to be aware of. Depending on what you saw, you should be able to discount this possibility (as you have). One time I saw some kids flying a drone above a beach at night, and if I didn't see the kids and what they were doing, I would have been completely mystified. :tongue: