Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Tarot and Oracle Cards (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   What is your favorite deck of Tarot cards you use? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125070)

VanGoGurl 09-09-2018 09:01 PM

What is your favorite deck of Tarot cards you use?

Hi there,

I am newbie with working with tarot cards. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some Tarot decks to use.

There are so many out there to choose from. The ones that I currently have are The Goddess Oracle and Divination of the Ancients Oracle Cards. Those two, I was particularly drawn to.

Thanks!

Opal_Moon 09-09-2018 09:33 PM

I have the Rider- Waite deck because it was given to me - I am very new to learning, there is alot of detail on the cards to take in!
I might choose a deck for myself, see if it makes a difference to how I learn.

Clover 10-09-2018 12:01 AM

If your a newbie, the best deck of cards to work with is the Rider Waite system. Its incredibly direct and most decks in the market follow this system. Thoth and hermetics is also a good system to learn from. I like these because they use astrology too.

I have a library of them going at this point, the one that speaks most to my heart is The Bone Fire Tarot. I also like the darkness of light tarot. Both use the rider waite system but they are more darker shadow decks. I like the decks that serve the truth to you cold and raw, not soft and fluffy.. Thats just me!

Oracles I am not too interested in anymore. However, I really love The Wild Unknown spirit animals and the Tao Oracle. The psychic tarot is a really great deck to work with, its like half oracle/half deck and the characters on the cards really grasp the sentiment, not to mention it has chakra cards included

FairyCrystal 10-09-2018 12:18 AM

At the moment it's the Wildwood Tarot deck.
For personal readings it the Green Witch.

I'd recommend a more RWS based deck if you're reasonably new to Tarot. I always loved Robin Wood. Much nicer than RWS, yet very similar (bit more Pagan influences, which I love) but you can easily use RWS interpretations for it. THat's not the case with the other 2 decks I mentioned.

If you want to know about oracle cards, that's an entirely different story. Not the same as Tarot, so not clear what you're after?

angelic star 11-09-2018 01:17 AM

Rider Waite is always recommended..because all other decks are based on it. But you can also try another deck based on the Rider Waite. Information on the Rider Waite cards are available all on the internet...it's easy to access.
If you already are an intuitve starting with a different deck isn't an issue. If you are a beginner all together Rider Waite is good.

VanGoGurl 11-09-2018 02:19 AM

Thank you all!

I’m currently researching the ones you guys suggested.

Thanks!!

FairyCrystal 11-09-2018 09:26 AM

Just see if they resonate with you, if the artwork appeals to you.
For me the artwork is reason to not work with RWS. Doesn't work for me at all. That's why I changed to Robin Wood's tarot. Very similar but with artwork that is far more appealing.
For instance, look at the Queen & King of Cups in RWS. Do they look attractive, loving, caring, warmhearted to you?

Really see & feel what deck(s) speak to you. I never knew that mattered much when I bought my first Tarot. Ended up with 2 decks I couldn't work with.

moonincancer 11-09-2018 10:11 AM

Fairy crystal
Thanks for introducing me to the Greenwitch deck. I love it��
I switched from RW to Marseilles and now to the Psychic Tarot deck. I also like the oracle deck called The Wisdom of the Oracle.

dream jo 11-09-2018 10:19 PM

iv a lot of decs i do u no rht dec for u is wen u no yore slf iv a lot of doreen vertsuss decs i do
i luv witchss wizonss i do
fairyy god mothrer is simler to witchess wisdom only u no yore slf is rht dec for u

jojobean 13-09-2018 01:03 PM

my first deck was the Mythic Tarot. sort of represents all of the greek gods and goddesses.

I have many decks now and I use Doreen Virtue's Healing with the Angels a lot and Ciro Marchetti deck that I got from someone here.

I recently purchased the Numinous Tarot, and the cards have gilded edges in gold.
I also have the Zombie Tarot, and the Witches Tarot. I haven't used the Witches Tarot yet, but Halloween is coming, so I may introduce myself to them then.