Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   When You Die, How Do You Want To Be Remembered? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124632)

linen53 18-08-2018 10:28 PM

When You Die, How Do You Want To Be Remembered?

After I die I really don't care how I am remembered. I am shaking the dust off of my feet and moving on.

Native spirit 18-08-2018 10:45 PM

I would like to be remembered for what I am A Care Giver with lots of Empathy.

Its funny you asking this question now just before I went into hospital 6th august for another op .myself and two of my daughters went to the cemetery to put flowers on my husbands grave,
I started reading a headstone that had just been put down. I started laughing this person who's headstone it was must have had a good sense of humour it said do not knock I am not in I have gone to play golf. so I read a few more headstones another said I'm not in ive gone clubbing.

Namaste

Tobi 18-08-2018 11:35 PM

Someone said to me recently "If you died, I'd always remember how you made me laugh " And a woman I know said "I'll always remember how you always put fresh water outside your gate for dogs, and changed the water twice a day."
Both those are good, I reckon.

Someone I knew well passed last December. I always remember her kind Christmas gift 2016 of a hand-made beautiful little bowl, and how much trouble she went to to make that for me as a gift. Every time I look at it or hold it I see her character and good energy.

linen53 19-08-2018 02:29 PM

Native Spirit, love it!

That is so sweet Tobi. I wasn't thinking in those terms.

Now that rethink my response I'd say if I could help someone on this forum (no one in my real world is in my realm of spirituality-they are either agnostic or Christian) along in their struggles. Or in helping someone understand. But when it's my time to go, I want to go secretly and quietly...alone. Just slip through to the other side.

Alice_1 23-08-2018 05:11 AM

About how you are remembered on Earth, your karma will be formed for the next life.

ocean breeze 23-08-2018 07:16 PM

For having abs and being sexy. That is the only thing of great importance in life. All else is just rubbish.

:icon_jokercolor:

Dargor 23-08-2018 07:37 PM

Considering the dead always easily end up forgotten, does it really matter?
I'll probably be remembered as that misanthropic loner, but who cares.

Colorado 24-08-2018 01:02 AM

I feel the same way as Deb. I don’t care what people think of me after I’m gone...but I do want my children to look back and know they were loved more than anything....and that I went above and beyond what was ever shown to me from my parents, and shared all my experiences and spirituality with them so that they would be able to guide and navigate their way through this life.

Shinsoo 24-08-2018 11:47 AM

Mm...not sure.

Maybe that I am no longer a loser and instead actually living my soul's purpose?

luke86 24-08-2018 12:05 PM

What I've noticed: You all think about 'soul', but... aren't you grateful to body for everything you've received? For taste of delicious food, breeze of fresh air, laugh of the small children or beautiful images transmitted to your soul via eyes and the brain?
I'd love to honor my body somehow at the time of death. Not dump it anywhere, but pay tribute to it. This body should be remembered too, although it was only temporary.