Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Feathers (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119951)

Lynn 13-01-2018 07:18 PM

Feathers

Feathers

Here are some thoughts on "Feathers" and their meaning and appearance in connection to the passing of someone. They span the sands of time, and seem to tie to many cultures.

What other thoughts or experiences with the appearance of "Feathers" do you have, or what do you use them for in life ?

Spiritual messages come to us while we sleep and in our day to day life often in the form of a feather. This can be both visual and physical in their appearance, from many sources, Spirit Guides, Angels, and even passed loved one’s. Feathers are used in many ceremonies, worm, and used as ornamental decorations.

The history of feathers spans many cultures over the span of time itself. With the Native American cultures, the Chief wears feathers in their head dress, and their body, to link to the wisdom of the Spirits. They can bridge the link to the Thunder God’s and to the elements of wind and air.

The Celts, the Druid Priests decorate their robes with feathers to gain knowledge of the Spiritual Kingdom. This is to bridge the connection with the sky gods in wearing the feathers, they facilitated the ability to travel from the Earth Plane to the Celestial Plane of existence.

With Egyptians again, there is a connection to the Sky Gods. The feathers helped with the passing to the afterlife, and to the underworld. Ma’ at, the female goodness of Truth, Justice, and Balance, decided if a deceased person would successfully make to the afterlife. This was done by measuring their soul against their feather of truth.

Moving to more modern times we link feathers to many things, Dream Catchers, jewelry, imprinted on clothing, even to the more mundane event of dusting in using them as a duster.

It is often when our thoughts are with the loss of a loved one that we will come to find a “Feather” in our path. Some are physical in form where we can take them with us, and others are a vision or message presentation. Small white downy feathers are said to be from Angels a message from Heaven.

When we find a bird feather on our travels we might well dismiss it, but often it will hold a connection to someone we might well have on our mind, even if its in the more subconscious. Or at times it is a message from our Guide to show a connection to a Spirit Bird that might hold a message for us.

Lynn

OEN34 13-01-2018 10:14 PM

I have had quite a few moments where I have found feathers in odd places and had a sudden feeling as soon as I found them.

I was doing a lot of candle meditation at one point last year and the flame and energy around me was going insane. This was at a time where I suddenly got a thought to research spirit guides as I'd never heard of spirit guides before (it was probably them who planted the thought in my mind, ha).

Anyway, I was doing a candle meditation one evening, connecting to my guides and I kept feeling a presence around me, or an energy of sorts. It was a Monday evening and I asked my guides to send me a feather if I am connecting with them to show me I am on the right path. I requested the feather by no later than that Friday, so four days time.

I woke up the next morning and was busy getting ready for work as you do, my mind not even thinking about the feather at all. I drew my blinds up in my bedroom and something prompted me to instinctively look outside the window at my driveway, right in a certain spot which was quite far away from my house to the eye, and I thought I saw a feather right dead center of the driveway, at the very front of it.

I went outside to see if it was a feather and it was. A downy small white feather just laid there on it's own. The house I was in didn't attract birds of that type, and the positioning of it was so prominent. I also just knew it was my guides, I got that feeling it was.

Another time was when I found out some really bad news which is hugely challenging in my life. The situation is still going on, but this was at the beginning when I was very stressed with it all. I was driving down the road, shaking and crying with the stress of the news I'd just heard and encountered and started talking to my guides whilst driving.

I remember shouting ''Just please send me a sign everything is going to alright - please! Send me a feather or a coin, or anything, just something!''. I had to pull into a service station to get fuel, pulled up to one spot and they were out of diesel, so I reversed and went to the next fuel bay opposite the one that had ran out, got out the car and starting filling the tank. As I was filling the tank I was staring into the sky not thinking of anything, just feeling empty and drained. Again, something instinctively made me look at the ground and right next to one of the back wheels of my car was a small white feather, which again gave me a strange feeling when I saw it, but a feeling of comfort.

Charismatic 14-01-2018 01:49 PM

I found a raven feather in a birdbath when i had cleaned it, and it was the only feather in it, just after my mom had passed. I felt i was "done" with something. I am thinking of writing with it with ink.

dream jo 14-01-2018 04:26 PM

iv had a few on door door sstep i did
few fell on me

Lepus 15-01-2018 04:44 AM

Hello

This reminds me of a mother who lost her son from brain cancer. She went to his grave on the anniversary of his death. A red robin kept her company during her visit. The bird wasn't afraid of her, even came perching on her fingers. Here's the video: Mom Brought To Tears When Wild Bird Comforts Her While Visiting Son's Grave

The only time I came across a feather was on my way to college. I was walking on the sidewalk until I noticed a brown feather. I picked it up and quickly identified the bird. It was from a robin. I took it home after class. I have it placed on my dragon fountain statue. I checked here for the meaning of the brown feather.

Lepus

Colorado 18-01-2018 12:51 PM

I have more experience with pennies.

I can only think back to when I lived in what I believe to be a haunted house, or it was me...Ive had experiences my whole life. Anyways, many paranormal experiences there, the house was made of stone. (I have told of when I was warned of my great grandfathers death the night he died with the bell, this happened in this house). Right around that time, I had a sliding glass door that led to the deck in the back. I use to spend a lot of time cleaning branches, feathers, and leaves off the deck. The feathers would always be right by the door.

I was sitting in a chair by the door one day, and I distinctly smelled a strong scent of perfume. It wasn't mine, it was very flowery and strong, like the kind an older lady would wear.

I got up and walked around to see where it was coming from...and at that moment, I looked at the glass door, and here was a big bird coming right at the glass. It obviously didn't know it was glass, and it hit.

Feathers everywhere...the bird didn't die..it hit, got up and flew off.

I don't know if that had any correlation to the smell, or if there was a reason at that moment it came and hit the door. I never thought about it...but it does seem weird that both of those coincidences happened at the same time.

I had to go and clean up the feathers away from the door. I don't know what kind of bird it was, though.

Lynn 19-01-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I found a raven feather in a birdbath when i had cleaned it, and it was the only feather in it, just after my mom had passed. I felt i was "done" with something. I am thinking of writing with it with ink.

Hello

I like this idea. If you do just clear the mind and let the inner intuition guide the hand to find the message. Do not be surprised if its not in words but in a picture that comes from it.

Lynn

Lynn 19-01-2018 06:49 PM

Hello

With the Penny (here in Canada) we no longer mint one. Look to the date on the Penny as often it ties to a life event or the passing year of someone.

Penny's from Heaven.

Lynn

sentient 29-01-2018 10:10 PM

A native friend of mine (for many years) used to put an image of a feather on his greetings.

Once, when I suddenly felt his presence and was compelled to look up to the sky, there was a perfect feather formed out of a cloud in front of me.
This to me was surprising, because I have only seen ‘ghosts’ able to shape clouds.

Then years after.
One day as I was walking through the park (there are always feathers around here, so I don’t take any notice of them), but on this day there was a feather in front of me, ‘looking at me’ and ‘it wanted me to pick it up’.
As I picked it up, I felt that there was a gathering of a group around a departed loved one.
I only knew one person who would send me feathers, and sure enough this native friend had just passed.

He must have sent a feather to all his friends and loved ones as a message.

sparrow 11-02-2018 03:59 PM

During a recent meditation, I asked for a feather from my spirit guide (or whatever you want to call it) as a sign of our connection... or of "its" existence. It's only been in the past few months that I've been going through a spiritual awakening, and I felt like I needed some form of validation of spirit guides, even though I do mostly believe in them. So I requested a feather be sent to me. I did this twice, and I did it verbally.

On Friday, two days ago, I received a letter from a penpal, and in the letter she sent me two feathers from different birds in Australia. I thought to myself how maybe this could have meant something, but I was still a bit sceptical; maybe she was just being nice and wanted to share something with me from her country. (When I write back to her, I will ask her what inspired her to send me those feathers.)
The next day, Saturday, my husband and I were getting ready to leave the house; he got the car out of the garage, while I waited on the steps. It's winter here, and very snowy. I looked down the driveway and there in the middle of it, on top of the snow, was a black feather. The snow was unbroken, meaning there were no footsteps or little animal prints anywhere in the snow. This feather had fallen from the sky at some point that morning, before we went outside, and happened to land in the very centre of our driveway. As soon as my eyes fell upon it, this feeling coursed through me... it wasn't a bad feeling or a powerful feeling; it was just a sensation of some kind of meaning. I took the feather and put it with the two from Australia. I find this far too coincidental to ignore, and it's a very pleasant comfort that I'm left with. What's also interesting is that my husband always looks down the driveway to gauge whether it needs shovelling or not; he didn't do that this time, even though the snow that had fallen overnight was over ankle-high -- so it wasn't he who discovered the feather before I could, because had he looked down the driveway as he always does, he would have found it first.