Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   its okay to cry (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=120429)

babaji 02-02-2018 02:40 PM

its okay to cry

I'm trying to reteach my body how to cry. it seems like its forgot. gonna repeat its okay to cry a lot and see if it works at all.

Elysium 02-02-2018 04:31 PM

Something i randomly remember learning through a trauma releasing technique video, but if you really do want to cry try this. When you have some time alone just lay or sit down and start making sad faces. Keep your face expressing sadness, that usually helps your body to know that you need to cry. Its like a signal.

On the other hand if theres any stored traumatic emotions, look at this video on youtube about shaking stored trapped emotions out https://youtu.be/WReAjA7Nx4M

dream jo 02-02-2018 06:08 PM

i no it is sum tims i try wtch a moviess it can not hrf mak me cry

babaji 03-02-2018 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elysium
Something i randomly remember learning through a trauma releasing technique video, but if you really do want to cry try this. When you have some time alone just lay or sit down and start making sad faces. Keep your face expressing sadness, that usually helps your body to know that you need to cry. Its like a signal.

this is very true, I find.

the problem is, my body is really tense, so it pushes the tears back down.. which is honestly why I'm using these affirmations... to try and get my body to realize that its okay to cry and not be tense all the time to try and hold them in.

inavalan 03-02-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babaji
I'm trying to reteach my body how to cry. it seems like its forgot. gonna repeat its okay to cry a lot and see if it works at all.

You can cry of joy, or cry of sadness. Try joy! It's better for you.

Please note: affirmations are tied to Law of Attraction, and they are effective through your thoughts, your intentions, what you mean, not through the words you use.

Lorelyen 03-02-2018 10:17 AM

It's very much a male socially-conditioned thing not to cry.

Did it originate as a shame thing? I honestly don't know but one might as well
cast laughing and excitement in the same bracket as crying. If allowed one, why not the rest?

OEN34 03-02-2018 05:03 PM

I cry when I feel the need to and I think it releases blockages - emotional blockages. It's a form of healing, too.

I've never been one to act the Alpha Male and stick out my chest pretending to be tough not showing emotions.

Incidentally, I just read a sentence from a book I am reading that says: ''But there was no need to be ashamed of tears, for tears bore witness that a man had the greatest of courage, the courage to suffer''.

Absolutely beautifully put, IMO.

babaji 03-02-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OEN34
I cry when I feel the need to and I think it releases blockages - emotional blockages. It's a form of healing, too.

I've never been one to act the Alpha Male and stick out my chest pretending to be tough not showing emotions.

Incidentally, I just read a sentence from a book I am reading that says: ''But there was no need to be ashamed of tears, for tears bore witness that a man had the greatest of courage, the courage to suffer''.

Absolutely beautifully put, IMO.

I agree that it releases blockages... and thats exactly why I'm trying to do it. its so annoying! its right there but it wont come out! only times tears flow is when I feel super safe. my body just lets go. its amazing. its only happened like three times in the past year or so.. once with a cat, once with a therapist I called, and once more with a bird. idk its annoying i need some external force to help me cry but it seems to be what it is. im thinking about getting a loving pet,since on multiple occasions, an animal has helped me clear this block, just by being near me.

Lynn 03-02-2018 05:51 PM

Hello

There are times when faking it to cry only adds more to what is bottled up. Crying is an emotion tied to the heart and in that its the heart at times that needs to be cleared.

To release such blocks one has to go within them and at times re live what caused them at the root then the tears might well flow.

Its the same as laughing workshops where you force laughter and at the time it feels good but a few hours later your in that same down place you entered with. Nothing has been released as nothing was cleared.

Lynn

Soul Renew 06-02-2018 03:23 PM

Recently, I was looking up 'anime cry' on Google images and strangely, there were some pictures that affected me a lot and I wanted to cry.
I'm guessing that if you find the right expressions that reflect your soul, you will make that connection with it and let out what's been trapped inside.

If you could find any artworks or stories that could touch your heart, I think it will help to get you to cry.