Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Death & The Afterlife (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How do the dead observe us?? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=100899)

Akira 14-06-2016 05:55 PM

Hi Metal
They don't actually observe us. They connect with us it's an energy thing. it's an inter-relation thing, we have a connection so I can speak to you. As a medium I was told by my friend who has passed that they see us as energy and we all have an energy signature.

We're not talking about trapped spirits are we? Because this is different.

Best Akira
:hug3:

wolfgaze 14-06-2016 11:05 PM

Just reading the thread title the first thought/answer that came to mind was "Reluctantly"....

:icon_mrgreen:

On a more serious note... I don't think anyone has to worry about 'peeping-Tom' behavior from the Souls/Spirits of loved ones who have passed on...

masterdojo 13-07-2016 11:58 AM

If the dead are angels they can probably observe our every move and offer us help at times and intervention when approved by god

shoni7510 13-07-2016 01:28 PM

Dead people or spirits are just are thought away from us. As soon as we start thinking about them they are there and they can hear. The rest of the times they are out there busy with whatever they do in the afterlife which may included watching over us

jojobean 13-07-2016 02:44 PM

any time I've seen my passed on loved ones is in dreams.
I love my dream visits, but I'm usually the one who talks and they just lend comfort.
I got scared a little when my Dad stopped by, and I wish he would visit again. He's given me messages thru a friend that I no longer speak to so that avenue is closed.
but for me dreams are where I see them. dimes are my sign they are thinking of me. I find dimes everywhere... it's amazing.

lauterb 13-07-2016 07:10 PM

Some questions out from The Spirits` Book from Alan Kardec to clarify this subject:

Primitive and Normal World

84. Do spirits constitute a world apart from that which we see?
"Yes; the world of spirits or incorporeal intelligences."
85. Which of the two, the spirit-world or the corporeal world, is the principal one in the
order of the universe?
"The spirit-world. It is pre-existent to, and survives, every-thing else."
86. Might the corporeal world never have existed, or cease to exist, without changing the essentiality of the spirit-world?
"Yes; they are independent of each other, and yet their correlation is incessant, for they react incessantly upon each other."
87. Do spirits occupy a determinate and circumscribed region in space?
"Spirits are everywhere; the infinitudes of space are peopled with them in infinite numbers.
Unperceived by you, they are incessantly beside you, observing and acting upon you; for spirits are one of the powers of Nature, and are the instruments employed by God for the accomplishment of His providential designs. But all spirits do not go everywhere; there are regions of which the entrance is interdicted to those who are less advanced."

Penetration of Our Thoughts By Spirits
456. Do spirits see everything that we do?
"They can do so if they choose, since they are incessantly around you. But, practically, each spirit sees only those things to which he directs his attention; for he pays no heed to those which do not interest him."
457. Can spirits see our most secret thoughts?
"They often see what you would fain hide from yourselves; neither acts nor thoughts can be hidden from them."
- It would appear, then, to be more easy to hide a thing from a person while living than to hide it from that same person after his death?
"Certainly; and when you fancy yourselves to be hidden from every eye, you have often a crowd of spirits around you, and watching you."
458. What is thought of us by the spirits who are about us, and observing us?
"That depends on the quality of the spirits themselves. Frivolous spirits enjoy the little
annoyances they cause you, and laugh at your fits of impatience. Graver spirits pity your imperfections, and endeavour to aid you to cure yourselves of them."

Occult Influence of Spirits on Our Thoughts and Actions.

459. Do spirits influence our thoughts and our actions?
"Their influence upon them is greater than you suppose, for it is very often they who direct both."
460. Have we some thoughts that originate with ourselves, and others that are suggested to us?
"Your soul is a spirit who thinks. You must have observed that many thoughts, and frequently very opposite ones, come into your mind reference to the same subject, an(l at the same time.
In such cases, some of them are your own, and some are ours. This is the cause of your
uncertainties, because you have thus in your mind two ideas that are opposed to each other."
461. How can we distinguish between the thoughts which are our own and those which are suggested to us?
"When a thought is suggested, it is like a voice speaking to you. Your own thoughts are
generally those which first occur to you. In point of fact, this distinction is not of much
practical importance for you, and it is often better for you not to be able to make it. Man's action is thus left in greater freedom. If he decides for the right road, he does so more spontaneously; if he takes the wrong one, he is more distinctly responsible for his mistake."

You can download free in the internet at:

3w.ssbaltimore.org/PDF/Spirits.pdf

Good reading!

Andrew Cannata 05-08-2016 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metal68
Accepting the premise of the afterlife then, how do those on the other side actually observe us??

is there like a portal that they have to visit or do they use some sort of technology?

I read that they have an objective reality akin to ours so how does it work??

Hi Metal! The dead can check in on us by visiting the earthbound realm, which is the spiritual realm that surrounds the earth. According to the afterlife literature, those in the Summerland can travel to the earthbound realm on foot or by thought, although the newly dead are sometimes unable to do so until they have regained their spiritual strength. Our loved ones also visit the earthbound realm in order to communicate through mediums.

Those in the afterlife are usually able to perceive our thoughts if we consciously send them out. However, it seems that they can hear us more clearly when we speak to them out loud. It is as though we trigger some sort of alert in our dead loved ones' minds when we talk to them audibly.

The majority of the newly dead reside in the Summerland, which is a physical reality--in fact, they say that it is more real and tangible than the earth world is! A great, easy-to-read introduction to death and the afterlife is The Fun of Dying, by Roberta Grimes, who is a good friend of mine and a remarkable human being. I highly recommend the book if you are interested in learning the basics about the place that the dead call home!

jimrich 11-08-2016 06:37 PM

They just are

Quote:

Originally Posted by metal68
Accepting the premise of the afterlife then, how do those on the other side actually observe us??

is there like a portal that they have to visit or do they use some sort of technology?

I read that they have an objective reality akin to ours so how does it work??

I am not psychic but, my late wife and a few others over there seem to just be here - like in a very close but different space/dimension/region/state or whatever word fits. I sometimes feel my late wife, hear her, have "hunches" and ideas that I know didn't come from my own mind but they seem able to come and go in a very mysterious and often comical way at will. When I go shopping, my late wife subtly reminds me of things I ordinarily don't think of - like chocolate ice cream or one of her favorite treats. I don't even bother to argue with her - I just get it! But none of them are ever offensive, intrusive or pests. They definitely enjoy stuff I eat or do and seem to be here just for the heck of it - no plans, agenda or goals - just for fun! They seem to understand everything and enjoy our earthly dramas without judgment or sorrow. They are remarkably happy and quite humorous. They seem to "observe" us with interest, empathy and can even help us when possible.
Beyond that, I have no idea what the Afterlife is like other than that it's TERRIFIC and PLEASANT. :hug3:

jimrich 11-08-2016 06:45 PM

The Afterlife Forum

To: Andrew Cannata
Hi Andrew! Long time........ :smile:
Quote:

A great, easy-to-read introduction to death and the afterlife is The Fun of Dying, by Roberta Grimes, who is a good friend of mine and a remarkable human being.
I agree - and so are you, Andrew. :hug3:

Govind 28-12-2016 01:16 PM

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. They are non-physical but i think in some conditions they can observe us through energies and waves but not for every one.