Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   How i stopped smoking (everything) (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110977)

Brucely 20-02-2017 11:45 PM

How i stopped smoking (everything)

Since the beg of highschool i started smoking cigs and da green out of everyone around me doing so. I was doing it until only a couple years ago, so much so that it got me to 'normal'

I finally started leaning off it slowly trying to get healthier, until i learned the key- exercise until u feel good enough to not want to smoke make sitting down resting your 'high'. Smoking is the easy way out so-to-speak. The lazy way of rewarding your brain for no reason at all.

Now im at the point where now and then i can have a cig with someone for social reasons, or smoke a J for spiritual reasons, and not b caught in the addiction.

Hope that encourages someone... Now if anyone could help me with fasting, thatd be great! Im trying at least a couple times a month but i keep giving into food

Lucky 21-02-2017 12:34 AM

Thanks Brucely! I smoke cigs since high school. I go to the gym on and off but now back at it for summer. This was inspiring to me!

Baile 21-02-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucely
Now if anyone could help me with fasting, thatd be great! Im trying at least a couple times a month but i keep giving into food

Brucely, I started out fasting many years ago. It lead to my changing my entire diet. Not that it has to happen that way. But any health program requires a consciousness shift in order to be successful. And that shift often opens one up to looking at why they don't (fill in the blank) all the time!

That shift is this: You have to stop with half-effort thinking and visualizing. Example: "I'm going to try to go on a fast for three days."

If you have to try, you've already given up really.

You are doing this for your health, not because it's a burden. You are doing this because it's what you require. It's what your best self requires, and wants. Whereas that donut is not what you require. That donut is not your best self.

The mindset then is, "I am doing this. I am fasting for three days. I am doing this because it is who I am."

Start small, work your way up. Even just one day, every other weekend. Saturday or Sunday. Then try two days on a weekend if you want to go longer. But even one day, twice a month, is probably all you need. And I always did the lemon-maple Master Cleanse fast. Easy and yummy.

Baile 21-02-2017 05:51 PM

BTW, I quit smoking, alcohol and drugs many years ago, by using this same "shift the intent" technique. And with my eating addiction, I lost 95 lbs and got back to my high school weight.

One thing though: I can and never will smoke, drink, do drugs or eat junk food, ever again. I am an addict. I don't dare eat one single potato chip or half-piece of pie, or that might be it for me. I don't understand how you could keep smoking on occasion, that's an impossible idea for me. Maybe, just maybe, there is a key in there with regards to your lack of ability to stay on a fast. Not saying there is, but it might be worth looking at.

The other thing as well: processed foods have all kinds of additives that are put in there because they're addictive. Sugar is big-time addictive. You may have to look at that as well if you're truly wanting to be able to fast when you want to. It might mean having to drop a number of addictive processed foods from your diet, completely.

Brucely 21-02-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baile
BTW, I quit smoking, alcohol and drugs many years ago, by using this same "shift the intent" technique. And with my eating addiction, I lost 95 lbs and got back to my high school weight.

One thing though: I can and never will smoke, drink, do drugs or eat junk food, ever again. I am an addict. I don't dare eat one single potato chip or half-piece of pie, or that might be it for me. I don't understand how you could keep smoking on occasion, that's an impossible idea for me. Maybe, just maybe, there is a key in there with regards to your lack of ability to stay on a fast. Not saying there is, but it might be worth looking at.

The other thing as well: processed foods have all kinds of additives that are put in there because they're addictive. Sugar is big-time addictive. You may have to look at that as well if you're truly wanting to be able to fast when you want to. It might mean having to drop a number of addictive processed foods from your diet, completely.

I have been eating organic and avoiding junk food for a while now, its not that im fat, im skinny and feel like i way overeat for my size. Ill have to DO the intent better.

E-cigs also helped me quit (which i also dont do anymore). Its actually great that i can smoke something once a month, it gives that 'first time feeling' without it controlling you. When someones deprived and tortured about forcing themself not to smoke, isnt it still controlling their life? Like alcoholics at AA meetings, self-deprevation is also sort of a 'high'

Baile 21-02-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brucely
When someones deprived and tortured about forcing themself not to smoke, isnt it still controlling their life?

Sure. Not sure that partaking in the addiction, even part time, is the answer though, seems the answer would be to work on eliminating the urge. I don't have any cravings or urges myself, for smokes, alcohol, drugs or junk food. In my case I've changed my lifestyle and am perfectly happy with the way it is now. Took years though.

mikecoulson 08-03-2017 12:57 PM

Hypnosis is an easiest way to get rid of smoking.

dianamadalina 09-03-2017 11:20 AM

Never thought that I'm rewarding myself by lighting a cigarette.
At least mine don't have tabbacco or nicotine

Ali18 24-06-2017 05:26 PM

That's great advice! Replace smoking with healthy things that also release endorphins, such as exercise.

krammer87 26-06-2017 01:42 AM

Definitely the struggle is going to be real quoting smoking again. All well I've did it once the second time shouldn't be as difficult. Its an attachment for sure.