Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Astral Projection (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What am I Doing Wrong? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=47625)

Maurice 18-02-2013 11:59 PM

What am I Doing Wrong?

Well, I've had 2 AP's so far. Both times I started in the RTZ. The problem is, whenever I try to get up, I snap back to my physical body.

Both times I didn't realize I was in the RTZ. I thought I had already awoken in the physical plane.
The first time, I noticed things were out of place. When I was about to move and get up to re-arrange, I immediately went back into my physical body where everything in the room was back to normal.

The second time happened during sleep paralysis. This time I saw the entity or whatever it was. It looked like a dark cloud a few feet above my left foot. He kept pressing down on my knees, preventing me from moving. I was sleeping on the couch. I knew it was SP, but this time I tried to get up. As I was doing this, I couldn't speak, so in my head I began telling it to go away. I got a little angry when it wouldn't go away after I told it to a few times. Then I managed to grab the backrest of the couch with my right hand and slowly pulled myself up. But I couldn't see my arm or hand. My entire body felt very heavy. As soon as I was able to sit upright, I could speak and I yelled at it to go away and it was gone. Again, I thought I had awoken, but was still in the RTZ. I didn't really look around, but from what I was able to see, everything looked the same.

Then it was over, I was back to my physical body lying down on the couch.

How can I make my AP's last longer? I've been trying for a little over 3 weeks now and have had these two so far. Maybe a third, but I'm not counting it yet because I'm not sure if it was a lucid dream or AP.

During my first one, I was floating for a about a minute during the vibrational stage (but couldn't see) before SP and waking up in the RTZ.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Tobi 19-02-2013 12:17 AM

Maurice, this is pretty good-going considering you've only been doing this for 3 weeks.
Don't let these couple of hitched-up projections bother you too much. I STILL get some that work in a clumsy way...in fact clumsy is my middle name! There may be no hope for me LOL
But you keep practicing. You will have more interesting AP's soon I am sure.

Getting out of body into the RTZ often feels almost exactly the same as getting out of bed physically. Yes you might feel "heavy" in this interim state (though in fact I feel much lighter when I'm just going out. It's like my limbs are light as a feather or floating in water. But it's when I start moving around it can feel almost physical.)
Tell yourself "I am light as a feather. I can easily leave my body". Now you know you can. That might make a heck of a difference to how you exit.

Astral Explorer 19-02-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maurice
Well, I've had 2 AP's so far. Both times I started in the RTZ. The problem is, whenever I try to get up, I snap back to my physical body.

Both times I didn't realize I was in the RTZ. I thought I had already awoken in the physical plane.
The first time, I noticed things were out of place. When I was about to move and get up to re-arrange, I immediately went back into my physical body where everything in the room was back to normal.

The second time happened during sleep paralysis. This time I saw the entity or whatever it was. It looked like a dark cloud a few feet above my left foot. He kept pressing down on my knees, preventing me from moving. I was sleeping on the couch. I knew it was SP, but this time I tried to get up. As I was doing this, I couldn't speak, so in my head I began telling it to go away. I got a little angry when it wouldn't go away after I told it to a few times. Then I managed to grab the backrest of the couch with my right hand and slowly pulled myself up. But I couldn't see my arm or hand. My entire body felt very heavy. As soon as I was able to sit upright, I could speak and I yelled at it to go away and it was gone. Again, I thought I had awoken, but was still in the RTZ. I didn't really look around, but from what I was able to see, everything looked the same.

Then it was over, I was back to my physical body lying down on the couch.

How can I make my AP's last longer? I've been trying for a little over 3 weeks now and have had these two so far. Maybe a third, but I'm not counting it yet because I'm not sure if it was a lucid dream or AP.

During my first one, I was floating for a about a minute during the vibrational stage (but couldn't see) before SP and waking up in the RTZ.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

As Tobi suggested 2 projections in 3 weeks is very rapid progression. Just keep doing what you're doing because for most people it takes months or years to achieve their first experiences similar to yours. You did the right thing with telling the entity to go away, it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to go away for good but since what you did worked you can keep doing that as needed. Even me being a seasoned projector sometimes my projections only last for seconds or a minute or two, it's depressing but sometimes you just have little control over that and sometimes you have a lot of control. The factors are unseen and you kind of just have to roll with the flow of things and take what you get. The more time you put into projecting the more likely you will be to have a projection where you have a lot of control on everything and have all the time in the world. In the beginning though you want to keep your projections very short otherwise you run the risk of losing the memory of them and it will be a wasted projection with no recollection of it.

Ciqala 19-02-2013 07:50 AM

You are probably confused of something real simple and just need a brief walk through.

First of all, this ridiculous Real Time Zone term - despite what everyone says it is not this realm, it is part of the astrals, it's just what you see when you are adjusting to your surroundings, and you have to be out of body to be there.

Your second experience was just sleep paralysis no AP involved - which is a cloudy state in which imagined subconscious things are evident and we are half lucid, you can use sleep paralysis to achieve an OBE state, but I wouldn't call that being fully aware in any dimension.

Fact: lucid dreaming is exactly the same thing as astral travelling/astral projecting.
The same process needs to happen. If it does not happen instantaneously like for naturals (AP), (oh i used to be so lucky and natural at it) then you need to break down the process. It's very easy and simple.

1. As you Fall Asleep (not just relaxing - fall asleep!):
2. Be aware through the hypnogogic hallucinations
3. Be aware through the Vibration Stage

The vibration stage is really fast if you go with the flow. It shouldn't take you a minute, more like a few seconds. It's brutal, especially for beginners, but in order to get through this stage peachy, you need to relax and remain calm.

And you shouldn't be floating either - I'm not sure what you mean by that? During this stage you should still be in body. And also, there is no sleep paralysis during or after this step. So that could be what is going wrong for you. All you need to do is move gently through the vibrations, don't try anything other than that.

4. BAM! Done! Now all you have left to do is roll out of your body.

The last step is where everyone makes mistakes.
They assume they have woken up and nothing has happened.
If you have never truly astral travelled, I'll tell you right away, it does not feel any different than it does now. You won't be able to tell the difference, which is why you need to remember to physically move right after the vibrations stop.
You can literally "wake up" dozens of times and still be in the astral realms. I've had that happen to me countless times. So, even if you think it didn't work and you are still lying in bed looking around at your surroundings, chances are, it did work but you are just thinking it didn't and so you end up waking yourself up for good or falling asleep.

If you haven't encountered a problem within those steps, then it's probably emotions that are getting to you.

2 very important rules I follow:

1. Get as far away from my body as soon as possible. Why? Because if you have ever noticed, during a light sleep your spirit sticks around real close but you wake up easier and during a deep sleep you don't. So, the objective is to go exploring far away so that your body stays asleep while you are awake. As you get more experienced this shouldn't bother you.

2. Don't feel any emotions at all. Haha which is impossible at times. For beginners, the slightest reactions of surprise, fear or anything for that matter can send you back into body. Even a mere thought can send you back into body. It's frustrating, but when you learn to just go with the flow and remain distant, your adventures can continue on. When you are more practiced this won't happen anymore.

In time you can learn a technique to go in and out of the astral state real fast - it's very similar to a dream. Ever notice when you have a dream but once you fall asleep real fast you can continue dreaming of it? Same principle. Your first success is never lost and you can continue using the state, because it lingers.

Maurice 20-02-2013 04:51 AM

Wow! Thank you so much for the very informative replies, guys. I will keep trying. Been trying every night so far.
It's good to know that I'm making good progress. I'll remember to tell myself I'm light as a feather next time I'm unable to move.

Ciqala,
It's pretty hard to explain. What I meant by floating is that during the vibrational stage, I felt detached and free from my physical body. Within that minute that I was in the vibrational stage, I was actually moving around getting the feel of things. I was unable to see.
It felt like there was no gravity. I remember kicking myself up (as if I'm swimming to the surface) and I felt myself going up maybe 10feet or so and slowly came back down. So the easiest way to explain it would be as if I was an astronaut in a space ship with no gravity. Kinda like when you see them play around by rolling, play swimming, etc.
I was fully aware the whole time. There was also this loud pulsating hum everywhere. I actually really enjoyed the feeling and felt extremely comfortable the whole time. I hope that clears it up.

Again, thanks so much for your tips, guys. I hope I get another one soon. I'll keep you posted as I make progress.

Astral Explorer 21-02-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maurice
Wow! Thank you so much for the very informative replies, guys. I will keep trying. Been trying every night so far.
It's good to know that I'm making good progress. I'll remember to tell myself I'm light as a feather next time I'm unable to move.

Ciqala,
It's pretty hard to explain. What I meant by floating is that during the vibrational stage, I felt detached and free from my physical body. Within that minute that I was in the vibrational stage, I was actually moving around getting the feel of things. I was unable to see.
It felt like there was no gravity. I remember kicking myself up (as if I'm swimming to the surface) and I felt myself going up maybe 10feet or so and slowly came back down. So the easiest way to explain it would be as if I was an astronaut in a space ship with no gravity. Kinda like when you see them play around by rolling, play swimming, etc.
I was fully aware the whole time. There was also this loud pulsating hum everywhere. I actually really enjoyed the feeling and felt extremely comfortable the whole time. I hope that clears it up.

Again, thanks so much for your tips, guys. I hope I get another one soon. I'll keep you posted as I make progress.

Around 10 seconds into vibrational stage I have the same feeling of no gravity. I start floating out of my body sometimes I will shoot straight up into the planes, sometimes I will have some control and plant my feet on the floor of the RTZ (Real Time Zone) and then I will shoot up into the planes. I know exactly what you were talking about floating around, you're lucky that it happens to you. It suggests to me you aren't going to have any major issues getting out of your body and it comes naturally to you as it does me. Getting out of my body comes so naturally to me it just happens like breathing or swallowing and I don't even think about it, I just do it! I have never needed or ever used any exit techniques such as rolling out of my body, or climbing a rope, or anything of that nature. For me they are counterproductive and instead of helping me get out of body they just clog my mind with useless thoughts that actually ruin my chances of getting out of my body. If you just float out of your body without any control of it happening you should consider yourself lucky because I haven't spoke with or met very many people that it happens that way. Most people struggle with getting out of body and have countless vibrational stages with no success. For me the only task is getting to vibrational stage, from that point on it is almost always a success.

Maurice 25-02-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astral Explorer
Around 10 seconds into vibrational stage I have the same feeling of no gravity. I start floating out of my body sometimes I will shoot straight up into the planes, sometimes I will have some control and plant my feet on the floor of the RTZ (Real Time Zone) and then I will shoot up into the planes. I know exactly what you were talking about floating around, you're lucky that it happens to you. It suggests to me you aren't going to have any major issues getting out of your body and it comes naturally to you as it does me. Getting out of my body comes so naturally to me it just happens like breathing or swallowing and I don't even think about it, I just do it! I have never needed or ever used any exit techniques such as rolling out of my body, or climbing a rope, or anything of that nature. For me they are counterproductive and instead of helping me get out of body they just clog my mind with useless thoughts that actually ruin my chances of getting out of my body. If you just float out of your body without any control of it happening you should consider yourself lucky because I haven't spoke with or met very many people that it happens that way. Most people struggle with getting out of body and have countless vibrational stages with no success. For me the only task is getting to vibrational stage, from that point on it is almost always a success.

That's great to hear. I hope I'm able to get out as easily on my next one. I honestly don't remember the exact time I got out of body, because I was so amazed by the sound and feelings I got from the vibrational stage. Once I was floating, the feeling of freedom amazed me and the fact that I was able to move and think clearly, even though I wasn't able to see.
Now I'm beginning to wonder if the reason I couldn't see was because I had my eyes shut and may have forgotten to open them? Definitely something I will keep in mind next time.
I still haven't been able to reach the vibrational stage again but I feel I'm getting close every time I try. I find I'm able to get the tingly feeling more often now which is like an extremely light version of the vibrational stage. I've been falling asleep before it can grow stronger.
I think I need to focus on something to keep myself awake but don't know what. While I'm trying to get to the vibrational stage, I stop every thought in my head. So not focusing on anything tends to make me fall asleep.

btw, Most of the things I know about AP, RTZ and different planes are from reading your posts on older threads. You have so much knowledge with AP. Thanks for sharing it with us:icon_thumright:. I look forward to learning more about AP.

Apakhana Akshobhya 04-03-2013 07:27 PM

It's been suggested to me before to try and hold onto something in the astral. This will keep you focused and less likely to think about the body or getting snapped back into the physical.

Ignore entities if you can. Mostly they are thoughtforms, projections of your own subconscious and other times just annoying entities tyring to mess with you.

Astral Explorer 05-03-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apakhana Akshobhya
It's been suggested to me before to try and hold onto something in the astral. This will keep you focused and less likely to think about the body or getting snapped back into the physical.

Ignore entities if you can. Mostly they are thoughtforms, projections of your own subconscious and other times just annoying entities tyring to mess with you.

I agree with them sometimes being annoying entities trying to mess with you, and in some occasions it is some form of mentally constructed thoughtform. But I don't agree that's what it always is, I have experienced countless entities that annoyed the hell out of me when I ignored them and as soon as I started acting civil with them and treating them how they deserve to be treated they became my friends and took me to wonderful places in the astral planes that I could of never found on my own. I had a funny experience last night actually I was experiencing sleep paralysis and laying in my bed in the RTZ and I heard two male spirits talking with the female spirit whom is my friend. They kept saying things and I would make a wise remark and the male spirits would start laughing. Then at some point they said to the female spirit "why do you even bother with this guy?" She replied "because he is still learning." Then they asked where something was and I made some childesh lude comment and they started laughing again. I made sure I apologized to the female spirit afterwards though for embarassing her and thanked her for sticking it out with me regardless of the fact that other spirits seem to think I am a waste of time.

Tobi 05-03-2013 01:47 AM

Ha ha! That's so funny, AE!
But yes it's also touching, and goes to show when we drop the fear, some interesting things can happen.