Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Welcome (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   New to this Forum :) (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119555)

oookiritokunooo 30-12-2017 02:42 PM

New to this Forum :)

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum my first name is Gerald but you guys can call me whatever you please as it doesn’t matter. I am 16 years of age but really far with being spiritually open and I really love and enjoy philosophical conversations with people or just being intellectual ever. Some of my hobbies would be driving, cars, technology, some video games, and music. I have a struggle with staying focused enough to silence my mind when meditation and i would love any advice anyone will have to help me train on that problem.

Thank you guys in advance :D

linen53 30-12-2017 03:00 PM

Welcome to the forum Gerald. I love seeing young people who are advanced spiritually. It's not normally the time of their lives they are connecting to their spiritual side. Good for you.

Here is a technique that I used to try to meditate:

https://www.ananda.org/meditation/how-to-meditate/

Glen.Appleton 30-12-2017 03:26 PM

Welcome to SF, Gerald!

I have much the same issue with focus as my mind tends to race from one thought to the next. I can't remember where I heard about this, but I found a video on YouTube that described the early states of meditation and how all these thoughts would race through as you progressed into a calmer state. The trick, they said, was to remain detached from the thoughts and just let them flow through without attaching to any of them. It's alright if you do attach to one of those thoughts, but then try to catch yourself doing that, and bring yourself back to detachment by refocusing on your breathing.

This is what works for me, and my wish for you is that you find the technique that works for you to achieve the mindful / transcendental state you seek.

Chrysalis 30-12-2017 05:16 PM

Hi Gerald and welcome to SF!

dream jo 30-12-2017 08:01 PM

hi,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Nephele 30-12-2017 08:27 PM

Welcome, Gerald! Have an anagram alias:

Galileo Dream

= I'm Gerald, a Leo

oookiritokunooo 30-12-2017 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Hi Gerald and welcome to SF!

Im not a dark arts type of person, i found who i am spiritually and I’m an archangel so id like to stay away from that but thanks for the options

oookiritokunooo 30-12-2017 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nephele
Welcome, Gerald! Have an anagram alias:

Galileo Dream

= I'm Gerald, a Leo

I like it but im a cusp child of cancer and leo lol

oookiritokunooo 30-12-2017 11:23 PM

[quote=linen53]Welcome to the forum Gerald. I love seeing young people who are advanced spiritually. It's not normally the time of their lives they are connecting to their spiritual side. Good for you.

Here is a technique that I used to try to meditate:

Thanks i appreciate it ive been spiritually open for a year now and I’ve gained a lot of knowledge over that time period. Id say i caught on very easily thanks to an angel named Dalia.

oookiritokunooo 30-12-2017 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen.Appleton
Welcome to SF, Gerald!

I have much the same issue with focus as my mind tends to race from one thought to the next. I can't remember where I heard about this, but I found a video on YouTube that described the early states of meditation and how all these thoughts would race through as you progressed into a calmer state. The trick, they said, was to remain detached from the thoughts and just let them flow through without attaching to any of them. It's alright if you do attach to one of those thoughts, but then try to catch yourself doing that, and bring yourself back to detachment by refocusing on your breathing.

This is what works for me, and my wish for you is that you find the technique that works for you to achieve the mindful / transcendental state you seek.

Thank you! I really appreciate you and everyone else for their help. I hope I see all of you around :)