Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Divination (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Scrying (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130675)

yasha 08-08-2019 03:14 AM

Scrying

About a year ago I gave a go at crystal scrying. I bought a nice moonstone and smokey quartz ball about 4' in diameter and spent about six months gazing into it while meditating with eyes open. Initially results were promising, but after a few weeks I found that my eyes were too heavy and I couldn't hold my gaze. It got so bad I had to give up scrying and return to my regular walking meditation.

Has anyone had any success with scrying, crystal or otherwise? Please share your experiences!

Proteus 16-08-2019 04:37 PM

It will come over time. You should come to expect "nothing" to happen the first few times. Then, like riding about, you can only move forward.

Capricorn4life 26-08-2019 10:19 AM

Has anyone else found a natural ability to scry just about anything? I find that I can read whatever is available whether it is a gathering of leaves or a piece of wood or a reflective surface to the clouds in the sky, it matters not to me. I can read from any given format. Anyone else?

Miss Hepburn 26-08-2019 01:45 PM

I had never heard the word before. For others:

Scrying, also known by various names such as "seeing" or "peeping",
is the practice of looking into a suitable medium in the hope
of detecting significant messages or visions.

yasha 02-09-2019 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capricorn4life
Has anyone else found a natural ability to scry just about anything? I find that I can read whatever is available whether it is a gathering of leaves or a piece of wood or a reflective surface to the clouds in the sky, it matters not to me. I can read from any given format. Anyone else?

I find rock scrying quite effective. I just stare into any rock surface and let my eyes and mind wander. The surface of the rock begins to form images - sometimes shapes, other times faces or landscapes. So far rocks are the only medium that has any effect for me.

BigJohn 18-09-2019 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yasha
I find rock scrying quite effective. I just stare into any rock surface and let my eyes and mind wander. The surface of the rock begins to form images - sometimes shapes, other times faces or landscapes. So far rocks are the only medium that has any effect for me.

As far as I am concerned, anything can be scryed.
Yesterday, I told my wife and daughter to look at a cactus..... all of us saw a woman fully dressed.

BigJohn 18-09-2019 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capricorn4life

I am like you..... but I am lazy.

BigJohn 18-09-2019 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yasha
About a year ago I gave a go at crystal scrying. I bought a nice moonstone and smokey quartz ball about 4' in diameter and spent about six months gazing into it while meditating with eyes open. Initially results were promising, but after a few weeks I found that my eyes were too heavy and I couldn't hold my gaze. It got so bad I had to give up scrying and return to my regular walking meditation.

Has anyone had any success with scrying, crystal or otherwise? Please share your experiences!

I would say you are trying too hard. Remember as a child seeing what you saw in the clouds? Were you meditating? Was your mind "empty"?