Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Love & Relationships -Friends and Family (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Isolation or Comapnionship... Which is Better? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=123531)

thespiritual1 26-06-2018 08:00 AM

Isolation or Comapnionship... Which is Better?

I wonder if one is better than the other. I try to balance myself between the two. Each one has its own perks. Isolation calms me and grounds me to myself while companionship is fun and makes me feel like I m part of something bigger than me. However, the most important thing, I believe, is the balance between them. Excess of any one of these two is harmful, I think. Too much isolation just makes me feel lonely, while too much companionship makes me feel lost in the herd. I notice some people are always socializing. I m curious about their way of thinking. Do they prefer companionship over isolation. Is one better than the other in any way?

thespiritual1 29-06-2018 06:10 PM

All the time I spend during the day can be divided into isolation and companionship because, either I am in the company of someone or I am alone. I think this applies to everyone. I am curious about how others peecieve this, especially isolation.

dream jo 29-06-2018 06:12 PM

i luv livin alom jsut me 2 cats

rainbow.sprinkles 29-06-2018 10:01 PM

I agree with you that it's important to have a balance. I'm an introvert so I need a certain amount of alone time, and I've come to really value that alone time in my older age. however, I do crave companionship and will quickly get very depressed if I spend several days in a row alone. similarly, too many days in a row of constant human contact will make me start to feel crazy and exhausted. in an ideal world I'd love to have a consistent day on/day off schedule. a day of socializing and connecting followed by a day to just do my own thing, and repeat for all eternity. lol

baronesslucy 30-06-2018 12:02 AM

Too much Isolation isn't good. Sometimes I like to be alone. Other times I desire to be around other people. Depends on my mood.

dianamadalina 05-07-2018 08:52 AM

I live a lot by myself theese days

Honza 10-07-2018 08:19 PM

I tend to spend my time alone but enjoy the time I have around people - for short periods.

MHz045 10-07-2018 09:28 PM

I am mostly isolated. Not having money to go places and meet people plays a big part of it. Maybe since I have a ham license, I should buy another ham radio to cut out the boredom that comes with it.

Native spirit 11-07-2018 12:20 AM

I like my own space but my kids 4 of them still live at home I used to love the companionship of my husband. when he passed I was lost but I had the kids to bring up so I had to get on with it.
I very often say if I win the lottery I would live in a little cottage on top of the mountains just on my own. but seriousely its about Balance.

Namaste

linen53 11-07-2018 07:37 PM

I lean more towards isolation with a bit of companionship here and there. Being around people a lot drains me; I can't focus.