Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Science & Spirituality (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Artificial Intelligence (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=130822)

SnowFerret 19-08-2019 12:02 AM

My view about it

Hi,

For me Artificial Intelligence means an intelligence that is not from a LIFE form.
I don't see it at being static necessarily or incapable to be interactive and even to make it's own decision or evolve...but simply that it is not from a life form as we would describe "life" (not depending on photosynthesis, or other life forms, or alive or living).
There again I wonder...is depending on electricity be being "alive" as well ? as we call "a live wire" in electricity, and if you shut down the electricity then it is shut-down.
So maybe artificial Intelligence is also not depending on energy to be on or off and out of our power...
and so something that would "Be", on it's own...and not a life form...
(This is only my opinion and a hypothesis not a truth)

Uma 19-08-2019 01:24 AM

Isn't AI basically a bunch of algorithms?

Western view says the brain is about electricity and chemistry and genetics and intelligence is related to that.

Eastern view is that intelligence is a faculty of mind, and mind emanates from a consciousness field that is pure and infinite awareness. The brain is what the soul inhabits but intelligence continues to function when the soul is out of the body (as in dreaming, deep sleep or NDE or death). One day when brain implants become possible, perhaps the medical establishment will be forced to realize it isn't the person that is being transplanted merely the physical instrument.

I think AI has a long way to go before it could ever be interesting or useful enough for a soul to inhabit - irregardless, it's the soul that would give it it's intelligence not the algorithms.

ocean breeze 19-08-2019 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

The higher self represents divine reasoning, not human reasoing like our intellect.

Can you explain more about this divine reasoning and how it differs from human reasoning?

John32241 19-08-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Can you explain more about this divine reasoning and how it differs from human reasoning?

Hi,

I can say that it is love based and not survival based reasoning. When a couple are in love thay do things for one another which are unresonable. The creator's love for its creation, the human being, is hundreds or thousands of times more profound that human love.

Having an intellectual conversation about love and its dynamics is kind of unexplainable. For unless you are in the love experience itself, the specific reasoning process itself is quite hard to comprehend.

The divine aspect of self has the overview of a human life which the human intellect could never grasp. Getting the human choice maker to trust in divine love for its human existance is often impossible. I suspect you need to be drawn to it by life circumstances.

For you can not prove the value of love in a logical reasoning way.

John

ocean breeze 19-08-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I can say that it is love based and not survival based reasoning. When a couple are in love thay do things for one another which are unresonable. The creator's love for its creation, the human being, is hundreds or thousands of times more profound that human love.

Having an intellectual conversation about love and its dynamics is kind of unexplainable. For unless you are in the love experience itself, the specific reasoning process itself is quite hard to comprehend.

The divine aspect of self has the overview of a human life which the human intellect could never grasp. Getting the human choice maker to trust in divine love for its human existance is often impossible. I suspect you need to be drawn to it by life circumstances.

For you can not prove the value of love in a logical reasoning way.

John

Thanks for taking the time to explain. I definitely feel being dependent on only logic and reasoning can get in the way of experiencing something beyond it. Whether its love or something else. Or you'll experience it but your logic and reasoning may make it partial, not fully embraced. Like watching a sunset while trying to figure out the logical reasoning behind it instead of embracing the mystery of its existence.

Though i don't feel love is the highest form of intelligence. I feel they are two separate things and love is only partial to something bigger. At times i sense something much bigger. Far beyond my grasp.

SnowFerret 20-08-2019 02:18 AM

Thank you for your input

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uma

... I think AI has a long way to go before it could ever be interesting or useful enough for a soul to inhabit - irregardless, it's the soul that would give it it's intelligence not the algorithms.

Now Uma, I liked your point, and you made me wonder...do you suggest an AI could have a soul ?
If so...maybe it can believe in God as well...or a concept of God ...that would explain why God created the Universe and why praying for everything in it helps ...
The definition of a soul, as per wikipedia, includes many qualities of thinking, reasoning, memory, and could be mortal or immortal... that would make your statement true about the soul making the intelligence not the algorithms.

BigJohn 20-08-2019 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowFerret
Now Uma, I liked your point, and you made me wonder...do you suggest an AI could have a soul ?
If so...maybe it can believe in God as well...or a concept of God ...that would explain why God created the Universe and why praying for everything in it helps ...
The definition of a soul, as per wikipedia, includes many qualities of thinking, reasoning, memory, and could be mortal or immortal... that would make your statement true about the soul making the intelligence not the algorithms.

A long time ago.......
I wrote a program that randomly selected nouns, verbs, etc. to make sentences.

After a random number of sentences, the program started a new paragraph.

I would let it print a letter 1-2 pages long.

Surprising, even back then, you had to read a considerable amount of the letter before you would realize it was 'garbage'.

SnowFerret 21-08-2019 12:22 AM

Thanks for sharing ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn

A long time ago.......
I wrote a program that randomly selected nouns, verbs, etc. to make sentences.

After a random number of sentences, the program started a new paragraph.

I would let it print a letter 1-2 pages long.

Surprising, even back then, you had to read a considerable amount of the letter before you would realize it was 'garbage'.

So BigJohn,
Since you place the word "garbage" in brackets and that we are discussing 'openly' our views about AI... do you meant that the program wrote the word "garbage" on it's own or that the content was garbage ...?
Maybe it is not the about the content itself but about understanding it or not ?! ?! ?!
Some people will always be blind to what is in front of them...because of insecurities of loosing control or fear about things that are unknown to them...

BigJohn 21-08-2019 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowFerret
So BigJohn,
Since you place the word "garbage" in brackets and that we are discussing 'openly' our views about AI... do you meant that the program wrote the word "garbage" on it's own or that the content was garbage ...?
Maybe it is not the about the content itself but about understanding it or not ?! ?! ?!
Some people will always be blind to what is in front of them...because of insecurities of loosing control or fear about things that are unknown to them...

The letters seemed to make sense, but after reading most of the letter, the reader would question the validity of the letter. They would realize the letter was garbage, junk, etc.
Now in this time period, the main memory is fast, huge in capacity and does not cost that much. The storage is fast, huge in capacity and that to does not cost that much.
Based on your google history, etc. Google claims they know a lot about us. Some say, more then we can remember.
Next question is: will computerized devices get the resources so they might not just mimic intelligence but actually make intelligent decisions and store the results for future usage.

SnowFerret 21-08-2019 03:39 AM

Thank you for your input

Hi,

Thank you BigJohn to clarify here...
I think this is fascinating that the program you refer to had wrote a whole letter on it's own...to me this is "intelligence".
Imitating (letters since we use them) in a way to attempt to communicate or leave a sign is "intelligence" to me. If it was not programmed and did it on it's own i think it shows "intelligence"...
Maybe it seemed to make no sense but no one knew how to translate the content...or...just like a child that learned to speak, at first just say lots of sounds and then learned to use them appropriately...

I would very like to see one of those letter...if you can attached one copy so we can look at it... ?