Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Pendulums and Dowsing (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Naming your pendulum (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=60071)

trulyUnique 04-12-2013 05:08 AM

Naming your pendulum

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to establish a deeper connection to my pendulum and I had a desire to name it. Originally I wanted to name it Pendy but it didn't like that name so we settled on a different name. Now I'm just wondering if anyone has ever named their pendulum? Or is that a big no-no?

emerge 06-12-2013 08:18 AM

My pendulum has a name but, I didn't name him. I asked him "What's your name?" and the name Simon popped into my mind. I then asked if that was his name and he swung in a 'yes' direction. So playing "Simon Says" takes on a whole new meaning for me. Simon has his own unique personality and plenty of joyful energy.

Ladybugskiss 07-12-2013 06:55 AM

I haven't ever thought about that but I think I would be interested in naming my pendulum. While we are on the subject of pendulums though can anyone tell me what is it your really talking to through your pendulum. I hear spirits could work it and it can open a portal for spirits but I've also heard that you are talking to your higher self or conscious. So what is it really you are talking to?

Ladybugskiss :icon_flower:

Norligh 09-12-2013 02:27 AM

I've been using a pendulum for 8 years now. At this point I'm pretty sure it is my soul I'm talking to. I have this feeling it is Spirit or God in whatever form suits us at that particular moment of our development.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugskiss
I haven't ever thought about that but I think I would be interested in naming my pendulum. While we are on the subject of pendulums though can anyone tell me what is it your really talking to through your pendulum. I hear spirits could work it and it can open a portal for spirits but I've also heard that you are talking to your higher self or conscious. So what is it really you are talking to?

trulyUnique 12-12-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybugskiss

I use it to talk to my higher self. Once I've cleared my mind and have taken several deep breaths I ask my pendulum two questions. My first question is 'can I ask you a question?' and my second question is 'am i connected to my higher self?' If the answer to my second question is anything but a yes I put my pendulum down and take a few more deep breaths and clear my mind again. Then I repeat my second question.

Hope this helps!

Adrienne 12-02-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emerge
My pendulum has a name but, I didn't name him. I asked him "What's your name?" and the name Simon popped into my mind. I then asked if that was his name and he swung in a 'yes' direction. So playing "Simon Says" takes on a whole new meaning for me. Simon has his own unique personality and plenty of joyful energy.

Very creative ! :smile:

MYFIGO 13-02-2014 01:58 AM

My first pendulum's (a piece of carnelian) name was "Jay" which is the first letter of my name. (That made me wonder if I was just communicating with my higher self). I really liked my first pendulum, but when showing a friend how they work, it began to glow which I had never seen before. It was a gorgeous sunshine yellow. We both could see it! I thought it must be destined to be hers. So when she left the room, I asked if it wanted to belong to her and it answered "yes". She was so grateful that she almost cried. I felt really good about giving it to her as I felt it would be treasured.

So I created my second pendulum from a sodalite pendant and it said it's name was "Quay". I thought that was interesting as it sounds like Jay. Perhaps the Q was for question. It has turned out to be a very good pendulum though.

So funny... I just looked up "Quay" in baby names and it means "Rock of strength!

narcolepticpagan 17-02-2016 03:05 AM

i named my pendulum by writing the letters of the alphabet and then asking what the first letter of its name is. i got the name motuf.

xomelindabelle 23-02-2016 07:45 PM

I asked my pendulum what her name was, and out of nowhere 'Lucinda' came to mind. That is not a name that would ever come into my brain; and not because I dislike it, it's simply not on my radar lol but it's the first one that I heard mentally. And when I asked her to confirm, the pendulum moved in a wide, counterclockwise circle, which means "yes" for mine. So just try that. See what sort of response you get.

Rainbowmand 05-03-2016 06:35 PM

I had never thought that my pendulum either had a name, or should have a name, so I asked it if it had a name, and got a VERY strong 'no' response, so I've left it at that for now. I may ask later if it would like to have a name, and see what happens.

Shalrath 17-11-2016 12:38 PM

For me, pendulum is an extension, a channel, it doesn't have a personality, other than what energy and intentions it takes over from the 'host', i.e. YOU.

Pendulum is an extension of a dowser's subconscious mind and as such it should technically respond to the user's name. I did not name mine and I don't think it's a good idea because you are subconsciously giving it the right to exist independently as a separate entity, rather than an extension of yourself. With that, there are consequences, such as 'disagreements' and preconditioned beliefs of right and wrong. That's not how pendulums work and doing this introduces an extra element of vagueness to an activity that is already filled with uncertainty.

The primary idea is to reduce unnecessary factors in working with pendulums - avoid strong thoughts, do not work with it when your mind is not at ease, where you are very angry/full of grief/regret or any other powerful emotions.
Use shielding, both for yourself and for whatever you're going to use the pendulum for, cleanse it, discharge it if the type requires that action, energize yourself before working, make sure the length of suspension is well-selected...

There's a myriad of things done to focus, simplify and eliminate unnecessary factors from the process of working with a pendulum. Giving it a name and treating it as a separate entity is a very counterproductive practice that is more than likely to undo whatever you're trying to achieve.