Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   General Beliefs (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   what are some good questions (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148509)

qdubp 15-03-2024 03:27 AM

what are some good questions

what are some good questions you guys want answered?

Unseeking Seeker 15-03-2024 04:40 AM

How may we bilocate awareness between duality and singularity in active cognition, breath by breath, in a seamless, unbroken continuum?

Redchic12 15-03-2024 07:38 AM

Qdubp. So why do you ask?
Just curious.

Native spirit 15-03-2024 11:42 AM

I would ask why you would ask such a question

Namaste

qdubp 15-03-2024 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
How may we bilocate awareness between duality and singularity in active cognition, breath by breath, in a seamless, unbroken continuum?

i'm bad with big words can u explain that to me like i'm 2 pls n ty :hug:

qdubp 15-03-2024 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redchic12
Qdubp. So why do you ask?
Just curious.

knowing is power
i want to learn as much as i can while im here

qdubp 15-03-2024 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Native spirit
I would ask why you would ask such a question

i get bored when im not lookin for answers
runnin my question tank on empty atm tho

Miss Hepburn 15-03-2024 09:11 PM

How did I do, Unseeking? :)

Quote:

Read what is not in the (...)s....first.

Unseeking is in India --- a whole diff time zone.

How may we be in 2 places at once, (bilocate), having our awareness of or be conscious (cognition) of this world which is 'many things', (duality)
while being aware always (breath by breath) - smoothly, (seamless) , continually of the Oneness, (singularity), continually, always?
(in an unbroken continuum)

qdubp 15-03-2024 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
...How may we be in 2 places at once, (bilocate), having our awareness of or be conscious (cognition) of this world which is 'many things', (duality)
while being aware always (breath by breath) - smoothly, (seamless) , continually of the Oneness, (singularity), continually, always?
(in an unbroken continuum)

that is an excellent question :confused: :confused:

Miss Hepburn 15-03-2024 10:23 PM

I re-read it ...but not 2 places at once physically. Sorry, if that was not clear.
My answer would be ---With practice. :glasses9: Diligence, desire, determination, resolve...
then hopefully Grace would take you the rest of the way.

qdubp 15-03-2024 11:52 PM

Quote:

I re-read it ...but not 2 places at once physically. Sorry, if that was not clear.
My answer would be ---With practice. :glasses9: Diligence, desire, determination, resolve...

oh you're alright* miss hepburn i picked it up perfectly. gave me something to think about

Podshell 16-03-2024 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qdubp
what are some good questions you guys want answered?

How did you get your username? What is it based on?

Unseeking Seeker 16-03-2024 02:42 AM

Quote:

:smile: or perhaps by effortlessly dwelling in rippleless silence.

Swami Lakshmanjoo expressed the state of awareness being as such that with every breath the universe appears and disappears.

The translucent void of no-thingness, which possibly we may relate as Turiya, the fourth state leading to Turiyatitta, the fifth.

{ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turiya?wprov=sfti1# }

{ https://youtu.be/XVumi6QyFRI?si=5w20Ey-WmMCSuaf_ }

Miss Hepburn 16-03-2024 03:03 AM

Quote:

:smile: or perhaps by effortlessly dwelling in rippleless silence.

Yes! That's the thing to practice. :smile:

qdubp 16-03-2024 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Podshell
How did you get your username? What is it based on?

i like how the letters qdbp are the same just rotated, threw a 'u' in there a while back on twitch cus qdbp was taken

what about u?

Redchic12 16-03-2024 07:09 AM

Qdubp………”knowing is power”

What kind of power are you talking about here?

qdubp 16-03-2024 07:27 AM

Quote:

Qdubp………”knowing is power”

What kind of power are you talking about here?

to* figure out how to navigate life better

hallow 16-03-2024 08:04 AM

Quote:

i'm bad with big words can u explain that to me like i'm 2 pls n ty :hug:

I once did a thread similar to this. I am not good with big words myself, I asked people many times to "dumb it down" and to my surprise many got offended by me asking them to simplify the question and they never did. Now here's my question. Why do you think someone would get offended and defensive about simplifying a question?

qdubp 16-03-2024 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallow
I once did a thread similar to this. I am not good with big words myself, I asked people many times to "dumb it down" and to my surprise many got offended by me asking them to simplify the question and they never did. Now here's my question. Why do you think someone would get offended and defensive about simplifying a question?

only a misunderstanding
why it was misrecieved is a question u can drive urself crazy asking from my experience, only they can answer that i think

hallow 16-03-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

. Ooooh kind of like, when I am at work. I put my headphones in and then I mentally go somewhere else but physically I am cleaning bathrooms. It helps me get through the night.

Starman 16-03-2024 08:46 AM

In my opinion, questions are in our head while answers are in our heart. Any answers which we get from our head are dualistic in nature while answers from our heart, meaning intuitive learning, are more accurate and singularly focused. The longest journey for most human beings is between their own head and their own heart.

The head uses attention to detail and memory to educate, while the heart prompts us to move in a certain direction; one is learning by experience and the other is mostly conjecture, logic, or rationalization. Both are useful but one goes deeper than the other. This is my experience.

Cosmic laws, or the Laws of God, are written in our hearts; they came with us into this world. Learning how to read our own heart, the center or core of our being, has the capacity to give us any answer to any question. The rest of it is just drama. We have within us an incredible instruction manual on life. The only issue is learning how to read it.

Peace

qdubp 16-03-2024 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starman
In my opinion, questions are in our head while answers are in our heart. Any answers which we get from our head are dualistic in nature while answers from our heart, meaning intuitive learning, are more accurate and singularly focused. The longest journey for most human beings is between their own head and their own heart.

beautifully said
ive spent so much time trying to find the manual outside of myself
i felt so silly afterwards

Podshell 16-03-2024 09:31 AM

Quote:

i like how the letters qdbp are the same just rotated, threw a 'u' in there a while back on twitch cus qdbp was taken
what about u?

Oh I see!
My own is part of my first name in another language mixed with part of my surname.

hallow 16-03-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

only a misunderstanding
why it was misreceived is a question u can drive urself crazy asking from my experience, only they can answer that i think

i am really interested to see how that person responds, or if they do at all. You're absolutely correct, no one can answer for them. From my experience if somebody cannot simplify there meaning, they didn't know what there talking about in the first place. A lot of people use big flashy words and don't know the meaning behind them.

Unseeking Seeker 16-03-2024 12:38 PM

Quote:

Of course on a tangential note, we have documented cases of bilocation physically (although what I meant in my question was awareness) such as Anandamayi Ma, saint with two bodies from ‘An autobiography of a yogi’ ~ https://anandaindia.org/paramhansa-y...th-two-bodies/ and another case of Padre Pio among others mentioned on Wiki ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilocation?wprov=sfti1#.

Why not actually, when we transcend limitation of space and time?

hallow 16-03-2024 01:25 PM

Quote:

Of course on a tangential note, we have documented cases of bilocation physically (although what I meant in my question was awareness) such as Anandamayi Ma

. Until today I knew nothing about this person. I read a very little about her at the moment, I am intrigued by the little I have read. Thank you for breaking it all down for us who speak and understand a little different.

Unseeking Seeker 16-03-2024 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hallow
. Until today I knew nothing about this person. I read a very little about her at the moment, I am intrigued by the little I have read. Thank you for breaking it all down for us who speak and understand a little different.

There’s an entertaining video of Peter Mt Shasta on Buddha at the gas pump on YouTube, which you can view. I think there is mention of Anandamayi Ma in it, if I’m not mistaken.

Edit: Here’s another video of Peter Mr. Shasta talking about Anandamayi Ma ~ https://www.google.com/gasearch?q=pe...p8U82Zk,st: 0

BigJohn 16-03-2024 03:47 PM

Quote:

Of course on a tangential note, we have documented cases of bilocation physically (although what I meant in my question was awareness) such as Anandamayi Ma, saint with two bodies from ‘An autobiography of a yogi’ ~ https://anandaindia.org/paramhansa-y...th-two-bodies/ and another case of Padre Pio among others mentioned on Wiki ~ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilocation?wprov=sfti1#.

My 'teacher' was Maria Agreeda, born in 1602.

Born and resided in Spain but visited the Southwest USA so many times that she perfected bilocations to the point of talking to the Native Americans in their own language but was able to give them gifts.

Redchic12 16-03-2024 03:52 PM

Hallow #18.

Wow unbelievable that people would get offended by asking them to simplify.
I personally can’t see anything wrong with asking for that. I do it all the time. If people get offended then that is their problem mate, not yours imo.
It says a lot about their ego doesn’t it.
THAT is my “in a nutshell” version lol

Miss Hepburn 16-03-2024 05:04 PM

Redchick -Yeah. One time I explained a big thing so simply.
A guy came back, who has a PhD...he said to me that was very accurate, ', tho said in simplistic terms'.
I was PROUD of myself ---I did that on purpose so people would understand in simple terms .
If you can't explain Relativity to a 5th Grader ...something's wrong with your understanding of the topic. imo.
(A little rant, I know.)

hallow 17-03-2024 12:17 AM

Quote:

Hallow #18.

Yes, I have encountered many. If I don't understand something I am not afraid to ask. I found few people like to be questioned. I have a calloused opinion on people who spew out big fancy phrases. More often than not they are just coping something they heard or read with no idea what there saying. I hate to sound negative but if it's not true to what they feel or believe I just don't have the time for it. I want to learn and explore. Bright lights, bells and whistles don't impress me.

Unseeking Seeker 17-03-2024 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJohn
My 'teacher' was Maria Agreeda, born in 1602.

Born and resided in Spain but visited the Southwest USA so many times that she perfected bilocations to the point of talking to the Native Americans in their own language but was able to give them gifts.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing

hallow 17-03-2024 08:42 AM

Just thinking of "teachers" 2 of mine most people on this site wouldn't even come close to consider spiritual teachers. But one thing I'll always believe is your guides will always point you in the best direction for you. Spirituality can be anywhere if you want to find it.

Redchic12 17-03-2024 02:59 PM

Yep I’m on the same page as you Hallow. And Miss H.

I feel a lot of people will use big words and complex ideas because it elevates them above others and makes them feel superior.

Sad really, that they feel the NEED to do this.

Podshell 17-03-2024 04:01 PM

Do you know the technical term for the fear of big words?

AngelBlue 17-03-2024 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Podshell
Do you know the technical term for the fear of big words?

Ooohhh i do ....
It's..
Bigwordfearphobiadotcomorinotherwordsfearofbigword s...

Miss Hepburn 17-03-2024 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
Ooohhh i do ....
It's..
Bigwordfearphobiadotcomorinotherwordsfearofbigword s...

OMG I can't stop laughing the .com really got me.:D

Miss Hepburn 17-03-2024 06:05 PM

Quote:

Yep I’m on the same page as you Hallow. And Miss H.
I feel a lot of people will use big words and complex ideas because it elevates them above others and makes them feel superior.

But, but, some people are just really smart and live in a world of academia...they just know a lot of great words...no superiority involved. :icon_cool:
But, it is imp to know your audience...Like me, I happen to know there many
stupid bozos on this forum so I keep it pretty simple. :D I kid because I love.

Native spirit 17-03-2024 08:25 PM

I am who I am but I am also on the Community Council and if we have someone come there that think they can say big words and they think you cant understand them,
Then I will ask them questions using big words.
it stops them in their tracks.

I cant abide people who think using big words makes them better than anyone else

Namaste

Starman 17-03-2024 10:16 PM

AngelBlue, thank you for the joy!

Rather then big words, clarity and simplicity are essential in the spoken word. Communication involves a sender and a receiver, if the message is not received then there is no connection, or no communication.

When you are talking to someone it is good to try and get to know your audience. Here on Spiritual Forums we have an international group of people, who are a variety of ages, educational levels, backgrounds, etc.

When posting here we may be addressing a high school student or an English teacher. If I am talking to a bunch of children I would speak differently than if I were talking to a bunch of college professors. The thing is are the big words used for show or for accuracy.

In my opinion there is a lot of learning taking place here on this forum, and maybe part of that learning is improving our vocabulary. I have a hard time understanding online internet and text message abbreviated language, i.e. du u no my bff, etc. But I am learning.