Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Sugar is good for me! (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128002)

MissCreativeSpirit 15-02-2019 09:51 PM

Sugar is good for me!

Put your food affirmations here!
Bacon is super healthy for my body.....

iamthat 15-02-2019 11:05 PM

Fasting is fun!

(And it saves having to do the dishes).

Peace

Sapphirez 15-02-2019 11:49 PM

lol sorry but sounds like nectaromancy :tongue:

if it's a living food it's probably good for you, which includes all sorts of sweets.. but trying to raise the dead usually doesn't work out for the best because it goes against natural laws .. makes sense eh? sorry if that's not welcome talk in this thread, it can be modified if requested. but I just made it up and it actually seems like a reasonable rule to follow for food as well as issues like zombies and vampires and such hmmm

besides fruits some other natural sweets are delicious medjool dates, honey, and one that not everyone may know about, coconut sugar or nectar! it tastes sort of like a flavorful (not like coconut) brown sugar and can be used in place of white sugar, which is not nearly as healthy because coconut sugar is less processed and a more mindful product. of course using coconut instead would be great too but in any event if you really want to use a sugar, coconut sugar is a pretty nice option. also there is date sugar but I've never had it. using whole dates would be better if you like them cuz they are actually a superfood, very healthy.

ok sorry enough about that... if I were to make a food affirmation, which I actually need to practice what I preach more, let's see it would go like~

I feed my body with wonderful living foods full of energy that fill me with love and exuberance to live my bestestest life

thanks for the thread x

MissCreativeSpirit 16-02-2019 03:50 PM

Abraham says that if we keep fear mongering around all foods, it would be a miracle if we ever found anything to eat.! The good or bad is all in our heads!

inavalan 16-02-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
Put your food affirmations here!
Bacon is super healthy for my body.....

You're kidding ... hopefully.

squadus 17-02-2019 03:22 AM

Water is life.

Lorelyen 18-02-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Abraham says that if we keep fear mongering around all foods, it would be a miracle if we ever found anything to eat.! The good or bad is all in our heads!

This Abraham person, whoever he is is nuts. Of course you need to be careful what you eat. Bacon is made pink thanks to carcinogenic nitriles. Refined sugar (for that matter, refined white flour, white bread (containing chalk as it does)) are no good for you at all!

Point is, you do your body a disservice. If you deliberately make your body impure then you can't expect a purity of spirit to emerge from it; any more than if you pour bath oil into your car engine you can expect it to work properly!

I should give Abraham the elbow. Who is he anyway - just curious? Is he the one who happens to be a female sometimes spoken of on this site?

Mind, I'm no better. I do love sweeties.., a wee dram of decent Scotch (Macallans to be precise) and Ecuadorian coffee!
LOL

Blue Tiger 18-02-2019 03:03 PM

Do affirmations work, when essentially trying to change an object/thing?

Sugar is not really good for us, and bacon, though tasty... isn't exactly a health food.

Maybe it would be more effective to change your affirmation to something more like "My body loves sugar and bacon and thrives on them!"

Then you're working on the one thing you CAN change... yourself!

MissCreativeSpirit 18-02-2019 03:30 PM

This is a Law of Attraction section. Does no one here watch Abraham Hicks YouTube videos or read their books?

inavalan 18-02-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

This is a Law of Attraction section. Does no one here watch Abraham Hicks YouTube videos or read their books?

I did. Why?

ImthatIm 18-02-2019 06:45 PM

Metabolism and quantity and environment and lifestyle matter.
Processed or unprocessed matters.(the fresher you can eat it the better but most stored foods needs some treatment)
I once ate raw kidney and fresh ground corn flour and it was like nothing else I ever ate. It seemed to be spiritual food.(but that could have been timing)
So I would affirm a food that seems spiritual to enter my life.
No matter what it is.(Spirit knows)

janielee 19-02-2019 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorelyen
This Abraham person, whoever he is is nuts. Of course you need to be careful what you eat. Bacon is made pink thanks to carcinogenic nitriles. Refined sugar (for that matter, refined white flour, white bread (containing chalk as it does)) are no good for you at all!

Point is, you do your body a disservice. If you deliberately make your body impure then you can't expect a purity of spirit to emerge from it; any more than if you pour bath oil into your car engine you can expect it to work properly!

I should give Abraham the elbow. Who is he anyway - just curious? Is he the one who happens to be a female sometimes spoken of on this site?

Mind, I'm no better. I do love sweeties.., a wee dram of decent Scotch (Macallans to be precise) and Ecuadorian coffee!
LOL

In the context of this thread, we probably need to hear or see those comments in context to evaluate what the advice was...

JL

ocean breeze 19-02-2019 06:37 AM

Always be careful when mixing sugar n spice. :D

lol couldn't help it. :tongue:

Gem 19-02-2019 07:44 AM

I eat in a balanced way, enjoying all food groups.

Gem 19-02-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Metabolism and quantity and environment and lifestyle matter.
Processed or unprocessed matters.(the fresher you can eat it the better but most stored foods needs some treatment)
I once ate raw kidney and fresh ground corn flour and it was like nothing else I ever ate.

Why would you do that? hhehe.

Quote:

It seemed to be spiritual food.(but that could have been timing)
So I would affirm a food that seems spiritual to enter my life.
No matter what it is.(Spirit knows)

ImthatIm 19-02-2019 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem
Why would you do that? hhehe.

It was ceremonial food blessed in a ceremonial way.

At the end of a lengthy healing ceremony that was draining, the food was energizing and fulfilling like I had never sensed before.

I know, raw kindey? I was set back at first also.

I am so looking forward to gathering fresh wild spring greenery.

Lorelyen 19-02-2019 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janielee
In the context of this thread, we probably need to hear or see those comments in context to evaluate what the advice was...

JL

Yes...Well, if we're talking about the Abraham Hicks person I won't extend my opinion here except to say her/his process and teaching is - to me - questionable. That's if it's the same Abraham. As for the opening statement it's patently rubbish. Would you eat belladonna flowers/berries because they're pretty? Ah, but don't worry about what you eat!

There's an interesting fact that points to the ludicrous logic peddled by many politicians and Abrahams. They try on persuading us that food sprayed with insecticides and injected with antibiotics is perfectly safe. The equation is: Because there's no scientific evidence of it causing harm it's therefore perfectly safe.

Two hundred years ago, vintners needing to adjust the sweetness of their wines and sherries and things didn't dare use sugar in case it caused a secondary ferment. SO they used lead. No scientific evidence that lead caused harm therefore it was perfectly safe!

One has to smile....ruefully...

Petey 17-04-2019 01:16 PM

:smile: "Eat like no one is watching.":smile:

Gem 17-04-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImthatIm
It was ceremonial food blessed in a ceremonial way.

Ah, interesting.

Quote:

At the end of a lengthy healing ceremony that was draining, the food was energizing and fulfilling like I had never sensed before.

I know, raw kindey? I was set back at first also.

Heehee.

Quote:

I am so looking forward to gathering fresh wild spring greenery.

Flexibility 18-04-2019 03:34 PM

Im aware that our subconscious and our mind is powerful, but im not really sure if you brain-wash yourself that sugar is healthy, that it will become healthy. Has anyone suceeded in this or something like that? Or any studies about this? :rolleyes:

bkmac 24-04-2019 09:25 AM

Wholegrains are great!

WildHairedWoman 26-04-2019 05:53 PM

OP, What is the point of saying "sugar is good for me" or "bacon is good for me" and thinking that means you can eat sugar or bacon. For most people either of those things are good for you in small doses. And we all know that, so what is the point. Do you eat more sugar than your body can take? And different kinds of sugar cause different effects to the body.

WildHairedWoman 26-04-2019 05:54 PM

My food affirmation is that I eat what my body needs to be healthy.

Taking a Break 03-05-2019 10:44 PM

Keep exercising!

JosephineB 04-05-2019 03:54 AM

Everything in moderation. Easier said than done of course. I have a sweet tooth too.

I agree re Hick's, there's something off.

JosephineB 04-05-2019 03:57 AM

I think it's counter productive to demonise certain foods. Can make for craving.

iamthat 04-05-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
I think it's counter productive to demonise certain foods. Can make for craving.

The craving will pass. Some people claim that humans are hard-wired to crave sugar and sweet things, but this is just another habit. If we do not indulge in sweet things then eventually we lose all appetite for them.

Excluding fruit, I avoid sugar and sweet things. Perhaps I try something sweet once a year (if that) and I immediately feel it affecting my energies. I can live without it.

Peace.

Rah nam 05-05-2019 01:52 AM

Quote:

As the Chinese saying goes, if you grave certain foods, your body had to much of it already.

Rah nam 05-05-2019 01:53 AM

I simply ask my HS what my body needs, and this is what I eat. Simple.

edithaint 05-05-2019 04:17 AM

Sugar and bacon can certainly be good for you!

Who are we humans, but one lone species, to vilify any food?

We all die from something, whether it be cancer, diabetes, starvation, or plague!

Your trash is my treasure, my meat is your poison!

Yes, strive for fresh, whole, seasonal food....

But let them eat cake! :)

Taking a Break 05-05-2019 11:58 AM

I would like to experience life without the need of food, don't get me wrong I like food and all sweetness, especially chocolate.
When I'm not hungry I'm so happy and satisfied to consciously breath oxygen.

Rah nam 05-05-2019 12:34 PM

We all make choices and those choices are simply reflecting the position we are at on our journey.

WildHairedWoman 07-05-2019 03:57 PM

Quote:

Exactly! I agree, there is a trend I have noticed since the 70's of marketing that demonizes one substance that we use every day in order to sell a substitute. The problem is, the substitute is not healthy and the original product in moderation is. in the 70's it was sugar, in the 80's it was fat, in the 90's it was carbs, then it was "gluten", etc. Our body needs sugars and fats and carbs as well as protein to function properly. If you don't have enough fat in your diet you can't think properly.

JosephineB 07-05-2019 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rah nam
As the Chinese saying goes, if you grave certain foods, your body had to much of it already.

That's a good saying. I can't get enough cake.

iamthat 07-05-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Exactly! I agree, there is a trend I have noticed since the 70's of marketing that demonizes one substance that we use every day in order to sell a substitute. The problem is, the substitute is not healthy and the original product in moderation is. in the 70's it was sugar, in the 80's it was fat, in the 90's it was carbs, then it was "gluten", etc. Our body needs sugars and fats and carbs as well as protein to function properly. If you don't have enough fat in your diet you can't think properly.

It depends on the sugar substitute. Aspartame was widely used and this has been associated with all sorts of health issues. Stevia is a natural substitute for sugar but if you buy it off the shelf it is worth checking the ingredients.

If you are going to eat sugar then the original product in moderation may be healthiest, but unfortunately the sugar in supermarket products is usually processed sugar - pure, white and deadly. I don't understand why food manufacturers have to add sugar to savoury products, even a loaf of bread. The natural sugar-free alternatives are usually much more expensive, so many people end up buying the cheaper version with sugar.

Peace.

iamthat 07-05-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taking a Break
I would like to experience life without the need of food, don't get me wrong I like food and all sweetness, especially chocolate.
When I'm not hungry I'm so happy and satisfied to consciously breath oxygen.

You may be interested in reading Life from Light by Michael Werner and Thomas Stockli.

Peace.

WildHairedWoman 07-05-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthat
It depends on the sugar substitute. Aspartame was widely used and this has been associated with all sorts of health issues. Stevia is a natural substitute for sugar but if you buy it off the shelf it is worth checking the ingredients.

If you are going to eat sugar then the original product in moderation may be healthiest, but unfortunately the sugar in supermarket products is usually processed sugar - pure, white and deadly. I don't understand why food manufacturers have to add sugar to savoury products, even a loaf of bread. The natural sugar-free alternatives are usually much more expensive, so many people end up buying the cheaper version with sugar.

Peace.

There is an evil plot afoot. Really, some processed food companies are owned by chemical companies that also own pharmaceutical companies.

MissCreativeSpirit 12-05-2019 09:41 PM

Seriously, "SUGAR is GOOD FOR ME!"

Taking a Break 12-05-2019 11:15 PM

Please explain......
Hummingbirds and butterflies love nectar.

Rah nam 13-05-2019 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Please explain......
Hummingbirds and butterflies love nectar.

Which is very different to sucrose.
When ever one isolates a substance from a food source, like flour, sucrose from beet or cane, one runs into trouble health wise.