Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   What's For Dinner, Volume II (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116089)

linen53 14-08-2017 11:56 AM

What's For Dinner, Volume II

The old What's For Dinner thread has become to big and cumbersome so I am starting a new one.

You can always reach the old thread at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=62428 but you will not be able to post there anymore.

Here's to a whole new volume of wonderful foods and dishes.

Clover 14-08-2017 12:18 PM

Thank you much Linen! This is one of my favorite threads on the forum.

To get the thread going, my last full meal yesterday was an already cooked Rotisserie chicken from the market flavoured in 'Sriracha'.It was delicious, I was craving pizza last night but finished the night with twizzlers and garlic flavoured popcorn/diet coke. :D Today I plan to make chicken salad. Pizza is not out of the question. It's on my mind : )

linen53 14-08-2017 12:19 PM

Well, it's Monday and a whole new week of trying to figure out what to fix for dinner.

I saw a recipe in a magazine for hamburger steak with sauteed mushrooms and a bit of melted cheese on top.

linen53 14-08-2017 12:23 PM

Oh Clover, thanks for all you do. I'd say you're up early but you live on the East coast.:D

Love Sriracha anything. Chicken, noodles, rice. And I have found a gluten/corn free brand so I feel good.

Love that! What a combination: twizzlers and garlic flavored popcorn.

dream jo 14-08-2017 02:56 PM

sogage chps curry sarse

Honza 14-08-2017 03:04 PM

quiche and asparagus

Faith33 15-08-2017 12:47 AM

I loved your cajun mix in my omelette, linen!
Thank you for all your suggestions... it's put a bit of spice in my life as of late.��

Home made pepperoni/ mozzarella and peppers&onions with a mild semi hard cheese pizzas today.... also had some left over chicken soup which always tastes better the next day.

linen53 15-08-2017 02:39 AM

Oh Faith, I'm doing the happy dance. Enjoy! Since when doesn't soup or stew taste better the next day.:icon_eek:

Had the Hamburger steak minus the mushrooms and cheese (was lazy). It simmered in a beef sauce for an hour and also had some peppers (Anaheim, jalapenos and bell) and zucchinis roasted, with cantaloupe chunks for a cold "salad".

jojobean 15-08-2017 06:18 PM

I made a Tuna Casserole last night.

Tonight I think I have a chicken pot pie.
(I have to remember to take something out of the deep freezer otherwise I have to scrounge around for something to eat...) lol

dream jo 15-08-2017 06:37 PM

wedgis savlys............................................ .......

Clover 15-08-2017 06:57 PM

ooohhh...Jojo Bean, thank sounds like a good idea for tomorrow! I have tons of Tuna cans, I didn't know what to do with them...

I was generic today. I had chicken roast in the oven ( I swear if eat chicken one more time...) :rolleyes: with the creamy delux mac n cheese. I accidentally got the wrong potatoes mix, Chipotle flavored, it was okay.. :dontknow:

Still dreaming of a NYC pizza slice :love5:

linen53 15-08-2017 09:42 PM

I'm as bad as you Jojo taking something out of the freezer in a timely manner.

So it will be polish sausage tonight and I will roast some more veggies in the air fryer.

I need to experiment. Last nights roast veggies was not quite right. Tonight I will cut the veggies into larger chunks and more of them. And a peach for dessert. They are in season! I bought a bunch of them while they are on sale and will make peach jam tomorrow.

jojobean 17-08-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linen53
I'm as bad as you Jojo taking something out of the freezer in a timely manner.

guess what I forgot to do this morning.... :icon_eek: :D :tongue:

dream jo 17-08-2017 08:17 PM

hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojobean
guess what I forgot to do this morning.... :icon_eek: :D :tongue:

do not no jojo?

linen53 17-08-2017 09:23 PM

JoJo forgot to take something out of the freezer.

I'm making peach jam right now so I have an excuse to have leftovers tonight :tongue:

dream jo 17-08-2017 09:32 PM

yum lin
i no i fogt 2 pt plug in i hav ovr yrs i hav or lft food on bench my rip cats stole or my 2 soon 2 be 1 cats hav stole wish is my own silly falt dnt blam no 1 fr my bean silly
iv lft chikn on bench wz lft ovr my rip cat stol coz her teef mrks giv it way sort of a hapy menry u cud say
my 2 cats i hav nw lst xmas eve i lft pigs in blngkts on bencg fr treets latr on thy stole it y own silly falt
lft food 2 anser fone or door thy bean at it my own sily falt
i hav odd ball weid tast buds i do no 1 ets food its weid way i do
yday i had a dream jo casriol u cud say
carets
mise
minse
potos
redis
wedgis
salded potos
gravy bt of curry powdr mixt in slw cookr fr 6 hrs yum tast

linen53 17-08-2017 10:15 PM

Lol, Dream Jo, I've left food out to thaw and one of my cats had a nice snack. Gotta watch those cats.

One of my odd ball foods is a peanut butter sandwich with slices of pickled jalapenos.

dream jo 17-08-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Lol, Dream Jo, I've left food out to thaw and one of my cats had a nice snack. Gotta watch those cats.

One of my odd ball foods is a peanut butter sandwich with slices of pickled jalapenos.

ol lol roflol thrt t wz me it had odd ball foods lol
i nt evn leve cat treast wear thm 2 r lol
bt m y wied dream jo casrols u luv thm ir oyre dnt et th
epsly 1 wen i sud 2 msuh madras 3 hars in slow cookr evry 1 complt it wz 2 hot thy wea ron tolet for days usly thy cnt go i no 2 mush info
my 2 cats luv chease 2 thy do so mi noy goin 2leve ht lyin aornd evn my rip cat usd 2 stral mos bekfast yrs go i lol nw coz its lol memry of her]
bt im plsd idohavodd ba;; tast buds if ot wz norml it wud borin it wufd borin it wud

jojobean 18-08-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

omg I have very similar oddities with food.

I will need to try the peanut butter and jalapeno sandwich. my husband will be so grossed out by it... LOL

dream jo, it would be totally boring. I love making odd food combos

I like pretzels on my tuna fish, or potato chips
I love having an everything bagel with scallion cream cheese and strawberry jam,
eggs with just about anything - steak, fish, chicken, tuna... it all goes in..

jojobean 18-08-2017 04:46 PM

my husband used to make fun of the way I'd eat microwaved pop corn- I would throw in an handful of m&m peanut... I trained him to do that, and now he does it all the time.

one of my favorite PMS cravings was a piece of Hershey's chocolate with a sour cream & onion potato chip

Clover 18-08-2017 09:30 PM

My dad made seafood soup again, It was so delicious.... I had three bowls :redface:

linen53 18-08-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojobean
my husband used to make fun of the way I'd eat microwaved pop corn- I would throw in an handful of m&m peanut... I trained him to do that, and now he does it all the time.

one of my favorite PMS cravings was a piece of Hershey's chocolate with a sour cream & onion potato chip

:love5: See Dream Jo, you aren't the only one with weird taste buds.

I have a copycat KFC chicken recipe. Doesn't taste exactly like KFC (that's Kentucky Fried Chicken for those outside of the U.S.) but it's not bad. That and steamed green beans and, I don't know, some kind of pasta in a box.:rolleyes:

Clover 19-08-2017 08:35 PM

^ Hehe. I favor kit kats, diet coke and popcorn when certain events arise :laugh:

For dinner, I sauteed a bunch of shrimp, Spanish savory seasoning, served with buttered Italian bread, good for dipping the sauce..I just love sea food so much :redface:

linen53 20-08-2017 03:06 AM

We had bbq short ribs (baked in the oven with bbq sauce) baked taters with the works and steamed green beans. Night all.

Silver 20-08-2017 03:49 AM

I want ribs - maybe I'll try the oven method soon...how long at what temp, linen? (a little help plz)

I've been on a rice kick lately - chicken and rice mostly - I like to add canned vegies (mixed usually or peas or green beans) but I haven't shopped for them lately, so I had cans of soup, like Campbell's Healthy Choice Sausage and Chicken Gumbo - yesterday I added Pot Pie. But it's today that I chose to drain off as much of the liquid as possible to avoid drowning the rice, heh. Tasted better. I might add a small bit of garlic salt or hot sauce. I don't add salt to the water when it's cooking - just a pat or two of butter.

linen53 20-08-2017 02:29 PM

Morning Silver. I put my beef short ribs in a pan and rendered some of the fat off at 450 degrees for 30 minutes (no cover). Then drained the fat from the pan, and dumped a bunch of bbq sauce on them. Added a little water (to account for evaporation), covered them with aluminum foil and baked them for 2 hours. Geez there was a lot of grease. But they were good. And the bones will be saved to make some bone broth (I cooked a double batch of ribs so we could have some for leftovers).

How about garlic and hot sauce.:biggrin:

Tonight my hubby will grill some antelope steaks on the outdoor grill (he is not aware of it yet :biggrin: ). Hunting season is right around the corner and I need to use up what little I have left from last year.

Clover 20-08-2017 02:37 PM

Quote:

Morning Silver. I put my beef short ribs in a pan and rendered some of the fat off at 450 degrees for 30 minutes (no cover). Then drained the fat from the pan, and dumped a bunch of bbq sauce on them. Added a little water (to account for evaporation), covered them with aluminum foil and baked them for 2 hours. Geez there was a lot of grease. But they were good. And the bones will be saved to make some bone broth (I cooked a double batch of ribs so we could have some for leftovers).

How about garlic and hot sauce.:biggrin:

Tonight my hubby will grill some antelope steaks on the outdoor grill (he is not aware of it yet :biggrin: ). Hunting season is right around the corner and I need to use up what little I have left from last year.

Yep. My dad slow cooks ribs in the oven at least every other week and one thing you will notice is the tons of greese that comes out of them. The BBQ will make for sure make it splendid. He cooks them for a good 3-4 hours ( 325-350 i think dont take my word on it) and leaves them in the oven over night at warm-ish temp ( he sleeps late) Major slow cook, but so tender and meat slips off just right .. Oh I am hungry now :D We love putting corn on the cob , hot dogs, sausages it all slow cooks just right.

linen53 20-08-2017 02:57 PM

Sounds like your Dad his his ribs down to a science Clover.

Silver 20-08-2017 07:20 PM

I googled about doing ribs in the oven, some say they par-boil or boil them first. I don't know how many pounds of ribs you folks do (Linen and Clover). I think I'm gonna get me some one way or another, before summer's over.

Linen - when you cover them with foil, do you wrap it around the ribs or put a cover over the ribs and pan?

SCR2017 21-08-2017 12:46 AM

Lemon pepper chicken and broccoli and cheese.

Clover 21-08-2017 01:06 AM

Oh yeah, Linen, my dad's favorite past time since we were little kids was to cook at night. He makes big feasts while he drinks with his budwisers/budlight and listens to his favorite music. By the way, he sometimes pours beer for some base/marination on the ribs, haha It's all good!

Good luck, Silver!

Today I had day off from cooking. My made made rice ( arroz con pollo). I ate a big serving of it. :snorting: Some hot home made salsa on the side, peppers from the garden, now that really got my esophagus dancing. *blows steam* Fun times

linen53 21-08-2017 02:26 AM

Oh, so your dad is a night owl, Clover. I used to stay up late, inebriated after everyone else went to bed. Nights are quiet and stars are even bigger. And even though I had been drinking those were some of the most memorable nights I had. Though I crashed sometime between 2 and 4 am, lol.

Silver, I cover the pan in aluminum foil. I think parboiling might help get some of the grease good and gone. You can only experiment. Keep a journal so you remember what you did and what worked and didn't work.

Silver 21-08-2017 05:19 AM

Thanks for the tips, ladies!

Guess what...I fasted today! Water only - not hungry! OmG what is this world coming to! I'm hoping to fast one more day, if not two. (Been watching a lot of inspirational YouTube videos.)

jojobean 22-08-2017 04:19 PM

I have chicken and baby back pork ribs in the fridge, along with some fresh asparagus that I may grill, and some cauliflower rice. (If I'm feeling ambitious that is... depends on how aggravated I am by the time I get home from work)... if that fails tonight, I have a 1/2 day tomorrow, and I'm working from home, so it may be less stressful to do it tomorrow.

Nilesh44 22-08-2017 04:55 PM

Chilly Chicken with white cucumber salad. Very interesting. I love it so far.

linen53 22-08-2017 11:46 PM

How'd you do Silver?

Hate to talk about food now:confused:

Waffles, breakfast sausage and over easy duck eggs.

Silver 23-08-2017 12:50 AM

Oh, no, I love to talk about food! Always and forever! XD

I have been watching stuff on YT that I happened upon in the past week, like a British show called Supersize vs. Superskinny. Fascinating and inspirational show. Also, some shows about keto / intermittent fasting and nutritional vids.

It's like, I'm tired of doctors nagging me about the blood pressure, etc. With the help from the first show I mentioned, I'll be able to lose enough weight to improve my overall health. (And I did lose 5-6 lbs. when I went to the doctor a few days ago.)

I didn't eat anything all day the day before, then had a early dinner yesterday. The fasting I did was just a little experiment. I wasn't hungry then, and I'm not hungry now and haven't eaten anything yet today. I might have a little something, I bought minneolas yesterday and I'll probably have one of those, maybe some soup and crackers...just playing it by ear.

Clover 24-08-2017 02:04 AM

Home made Pork Tacos in a really delicious savory sauce (I didn't make them) Spanish rice and beans. My heart was so happy :icon_porc:
Very vey rare I eat pork so that was an interesting treat

Silver 24-08-2017 02:27 AM

Those tacos/rice/beans sound awesome.

I had rotisserie chicken (drumstick & thigh) plus some of the breast meat.
I had something else but maybe not - can't remember. :icon_scratch:

I decided to eat my main meal earlier in the day (about 3-3:30 pm) and then have a snack at about 4:30-5 pm). My snack was a Minneola and some grapes.

I had trouble sleeping night before last because I ate too late in the day.

linen53 24-08-2017 01:09 PM

We had stir fry last night with chicken, broccoli, mushrooms and some of the Asian Plum Sauce I made and canned last week. I tweaked the plum sauce with hoisin and soy sauces. Then added some water and arrowroot (like cornstarch but no corn) to give it a stir fry consistency.

Turned out very good!

Your tacos and rice sound delish Clover.

I like the dark meat (chicken) best too Silver.

I have a huge to-do list today so I think I'll pull out my crock pot and throw some chicken thighs in it. I think you've inspired me to go spicy Clover. And I boiled up a bunch of rice yesterday, so I will serve my spicy chicken over rice tonight. Hey, maybe throw some cheese over the top too. (I'm creating my recipe as I write this). Sounds good, can't wait.:biggrin: