Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Health (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Headaches and migraines (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=131808)

janielee 12-10-2019 05:57 PM

Headaches and migraines

Anyone know how to cure? Thks

Anala 13-10-2019 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janielee
Anyone know how to cure? Thks

Very timely question, janielee!

I have tried acupuncture. I had great success with one practitioner and okay success with another.

Tonight I tried alternating a cool pad and a warm pad around my neck. Surprisingly it helped. (It was my husband’s idea :D )

Also, drinking iced coffee can be a quick little fix, if you catch it early. In the US there are some homeopathic remedies.

What do you do?

janielee 13-10-2019 03:45 AM

Hi Anala

Not much, I usually find it’s related to soreness in the back too. I just try to sleep it off or take a pill. I never used to get them, until a few years ago during a high stress event.

Hope you feel better! :hug2:

Jl

Anala 13-10-2019 03:53 AM

Thanks, Jl

Maybe there will be more ideas from other members. :-)

janielee 14-10-2019 04:28 AM

:) Thanks Anala :hug2:

weareunity 14-10-2019 10:22 PM

Hello janielee and anala.

Just noticed this 26 minute documentary on BBC news page today and thought you may be interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/newsbea...at-documentary

Hope I have copied details correctly.

All the best. petex

janielee 14-10-2019 10:50 PM

Thanks Pete!

Anala 14-10-2019 10:57 PM

Thank you petex! The videos were very helpful! I also notice another thread on the forum.

janielee 18-10-2019 06:23 AM

Anala, does yours relate to stress, or any triggers?

Altair 18-10-2019 10:53 AM

I'm not sure there is a cure, but the number can be reduced if you know how to avoid the triggers.

I usually get a migraine once a month and been having them since teenage years. Besides a wrecking headache there is ALWAYS nausea, extreme sensitivity to light, sound, and smell, and having to urinate more. Medicine will work for normal headache but not for a migraine. If I get one I have to lay down in total darkness and have no sensual stimulations. I then have to wait it out for 8-12 hours. Falling asleep isn't possible when I have a migraine.

Triggers I found can be stress, not drinking enough water, too much sunlight, or lack of sleep. Orange juice and tomato soup are triggers for me (!). I suspect it's a brain difference between those that get migraines and those that don't. Most people get normal headaches, which are curable, they take a pill and an hour later everything's fine.

Anala 18-10-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janielee
Anala, does yours relate to stress, or any triggers?

Janielee,
I think some is barometric pressure, we had a big storm last winter and I thought my head would explode.

Altair,
Quote:

Triggers I found can be stress, not drinking enough water

Water, stress and sleep are probably my big three. Usually I get clusters of migraines after a stressful event.

I have tried the pressure points, it works for some headaches and melatonin for the stabbed headache with a good night sleep, works for me.

But migraines are different. The video on this thread was helpful in explaining! As I have always felt slightly “slowed down” after a migraine.

I have done acupuncture. It definitely depends on the practitioner

I have a low tolerance for medications. So, for me it is a last resort.

janielee 20-10-2019 05:12 PM

Thanks Altair, and sorry to hear that you suffer from migraines :hug2:

smartworker32 22-10-2019 11:28 AM

Headaches and migraines

A migraine is a type of primary headache disorder that can cause severe pain and other symptoms. ... Migraine can cause intense, throbbing headaches that last anywhere from a few hours to several days. A migraine headache usually affects one side of the head, but some people experience pain on both sides.

Enchanted_DreamFaerie 11-12-2019 10:56 PM

I tend to get them a lot more during the winter time, because there's less sunlight. So I always try to go outside and go for a short walk, so I can get as much sunlight as I can. If I get ever a migraine, I simply lay down, turn the lights off and drink plenty of water.

Altair 27-12-2019 06:37 PM

I've made an important realization in understanding one of my migraine triggers. In the past I would get them after visiting Chinese restaurants, but also when eating soups such as tomato soup. It's the sodium glutamate. I'm with my family during the holidays and one meal caused me a headache, and only afterwards was I told there was E621 in it (sodium glutamate). With this realization I can reject the idea that this is merely psychological, i.e. ''knowing something will trigger you makes it real'', as I had no clue it was in the meal. Apparently the wiki page mentions that blind tests have found no relationship between headaches and this substance but it does in my case.

Other foods (besides tomato soup) that, in the past, would give me migraines were smoked fish and some chocolates.

I also noticed I hardly got any issues in these colder months. In summer I get more which is probably me getting carried away not drinking enough on hot days. Finding another culprit in these colder months is a wonderful realization.