Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Affirmations (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Sigil Magic? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=37225)

qwerty 09-06-2012 07:53 AM

Sigil Magic?

(I know that this sounds like something belonging to the Wicca section, but I decided to post it here because I find that it sounds like a form of affirmation. ;) )

Has anyone here had experience with sigil magic before? I'd like to know if it's effective or not, or if the results were too ambiguous for you.

For those who haven't heard of it, it's basically done by writing your wish on a piece of paper, crossing out repeating letters and creating an abstract image out of the remaining letters. Then, you memorize and meditate on the picture. The last step is to forget the image. This is to let it become one with the subconscious mind, so that it may bring about the result.
Well, that's what I got from reading about sigil magic online.
For more details you can check out some of these links (I can't post links yet, so cancel the spaces if you want to look at them):
http: // www .boudicca. de / max9-e . htm
http: // RowanLewgalon . deviantart . com / journal / Sigil-Magic-214169616

Maybe you'd like to try it out and post your experience here, hehe.

seeker89 09-06-2012 08:15 AM

Hey qwerty, I don't really have any experience in this area, so I can't say for sure how effective it is, why don't you try it out let us know how it turns out?

qwerty 09-06-2012 10:23 AM

I've tried it once - as a fun experiment - but I thought it was a little ambiguous :p
I asked to see a real cat of a specific colour. And on that day itself I did see one, but it was in a picture, lol... Perhaps some people might say that it worked in this case. But I saw it as just a co-indence... I have plenty of questions about the law of attraction itself.

Then again, once is probably not enough, so maybe I should try it more often - Besides, drawing sigils is fun (although you're supposed to forget the image or burn it to perform sigil magic), and that's what interested me in the first place :DD

shadedragon 09-06-2012 04:03 PM

:D I love your name qwerty :) -sry that was was a bit random
but I have done this, didn't know it had a name though. We did it in class when I was younger. Everything has come true for me, how it came about though is not always how we expect. I wanted to be able to take care of and heal animals when I was older, and that was one of my wishes. Now I have healing and can give to whoever needs it, I am able to spread it to all. I was surroundsd by animals up till I got on my path, then wildlife and everything else came to me and my pets began to dissapear (not in death but I can no longer see them anymore due to certain things.) And now, I know I am following my path and making my wish come true, and many other wishes :)

NekoTheCat 09-06-2012 05:01 PM

this type of magic works. well, it did for me in the past :D
its more like manifestation magic, but the affirmation magic term can also work.
i think one has to be really specific in this type of ritual: like you said "i want to see a complete orange cat, passing the street across, by 8pm"
now if you were to analyze this situation, you actually manifest the said cat, by the mentioned time.. but if you leave out*passing the street across" you might see the picture of the cat, or you will see it in the tree, or at some window - the result will be ambiguous because the request is not very specific either.

qwerty 09-06-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadedragon
:D I love your name qwerty :) -sry that was was a bit random
but I have done this, didn't know it had a name though. We did it in class when I was younger. Everything has come true for me, how it came about though is not always how we expect. I wanted to be able to take care of and heal animals when I was older, and that was one of my wishes. Now I have healing and can give to whoever needs it, I am able to spread it to all. I was surroundsd by animals up till I got on my path, then wildlife and everything else came to me and my pets began to dissapear (not in death but I can no longer see them anymore due to certain things.) And now, I know I am following my path and making my wish come true, and many other wishes :)

Don't worry; I approve of your randomness :D
Wow, what kind of class was it? Just curious, hehe. And that's really wonderful, what you're doing! I wish you all the best for your chosen path :hug3:

Arcturus 09-06-2012 06:56 PM

i've made 2 sigils to date and both have happened as i wished, whether they would have done anyway is difficult to say of course. i also mixed it with feng shui which teaches that certain parts of the living space relate to different aspects of one's life, i.e. finances, children, health etc etc and so i placed the sigils in the corresponding position that best fitted the aspect of ihtent of the sigil.

qwerty 09-06-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NekoTheCat
this type of magic works. well, it did for me in the past :D
its more like manifestation magic, but the affirmation magic term can also work.
i think one has to be really specific in this type of ritual: like you said "i want to see a complete orange cat, passing the street across, by 8pm"
now if you were to analyze this situation, you actually manifest the said cat, by the mentioned time.. but if you leave out*passing the street across" you might see the picture of the cat, or you will see it in the tree, or at some window - the result will be ambiguous because the request is not very specific either.

Interesting!
But I have questions... Do you still have to take into consideration the probability of that certain event happening, if you're going to be that specific? How realistic should one be? Say, I want to see an orange cat... But where I'm living there are no orange cats to begin with. And then I specify that the cat will walk into my living room at 8pm... But my house is all closed and locked up. Will such an event occur anyway? Or are there exceptions that should be noted in performing the ritual and manifesting its results?
Sorry if it sounded like I was thinking too much, lol... But I'm curious :p Anyway, it's cool to hear that it worked for you before!

shadedragon 09-06-2012 07:49 PM

We did it in art class and in English class as an exercise :D and thank you :)

NekoTheCat 09-06-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty
Interesting!
But I have questions... Do you still have to take into consideration the probability of that certain event happening, if you're going to be that specific? How realistic should one be? Say, I want to see an orange cat... But where I'm living there are no orange cats to begin with. And then I specify that the cat will walk into my living room at 8pm... But my house is all closed and locked up. Will such an event occur anyway? Or are there exceptions that should be noted in performing the ritual and manifesting its results?
Sorry if it sounded like I was thinking too much, lol... But I'm curious :p Anyway, it's cool to hear that it worked for you before!

hm, i didnt think of all that. i think it might still work - maybe there arent any orange cats in your area, that you know of. if you have a house and if you have a fire place it could fall in by the chimney ;)
i thing that if a spell works, it will work in unexpected ways. but after you cast the spell you definitely cant think about it anymore. AT ALL. you must forget about it completely.
i also don't recommend messing with the universe trying something out just to see if it works, because there is a saying that goes "you make plans and God laughs" - so, try it out when you truly need something.
when you make your sigil, concentrate on the thing you want to accomplish.
never use words like "i want, i wish for" instead use words like "i got" "i received" "i saw"...

ps..as i was typing the thing with the cat falling through th chimney i was thinking that what if something falls in my house? and then the rail of my thoughts changed to something else..next minute about 3 boxes fell from atop of a closet..my flatmate said the cats did it, bu they were both next to me..

shadedragon 10-06-2012 12:24 AM

Wait. The orange cat doesn't have to appear physically. It can appear spiritually. Then manifest itself to appear to you, or you could see it in your minds eye. Things would appear sporatically and easily if we started to notice them :D plus, there are plenty of ways it could appear, just give it a thought or two. Plus if you truly are intending on proving it is false, your intentions are wrong, you are calling for Prove That It Is False. So evidently, you'll get nothing. If you want to summon it, for it to come true, you must be open to it and welcome it.

qwerty 10-06-2012 02:20 PM

Thanks for your input, everyone! :) I'll definitely give it a try it again.
Also, do you have any difficulties forgetting your wish? I thought that if it involves an aspect of daily life (like friends, school, etc...), then I might have a harder time getting it out of my head (I hope that wasn't some form affirmation, lol).

(By NekoTheCat)
Quote:

never use words like "i want, i wish for" instead use words like "i got" "i received" "i saw"...

Oh yes, I didn't really have that in mind. When I re-checked the examples in the websites I realize that they use words like "My wish to..." or "It is my will..." So thanks for noting that :) Oh, and that 3 boxes story - Maybe your cats can move things with their minds o.o

NekoTheCat 10-06-2012 03:08 PM

QWERTY, not even that formulation is good - ever watched the movie the wishmaster? never know when a genie is around...

oh, shade dragon, i didnt think of those possibilities, thanks for completing the example

qwerty 10-06-2012 05:28 PM

Nope, maybe I will someday xD;
Hmm but why must the words be in past tense? Does the universe approve of counting one's eggs before they hatch? :p

shadedragon 10-06-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Hmm but why must the words be in past tense? Does the universe approve of counting one's eggs before they hatch? :p

:) yes, because it is like you already have it. It's like the law of attraction. If you want it, say you got it. If you want it someday, you wish and it comes someday, but there is no specification, so you could get it in thirty years, or in another life. Plus, by saying you wish, you imply you hope to have, rather then with the past, that you have.

NekoTheCat 10-06-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

maybe the universe doesnt approve of counting the eggs before they hatch, but the sigil magic works best if its combined with the law of attraction. and if im not mistaken, thats how it even got to be.
though, the law of attraction can be used by itself, wit no sigil - i think the sigils just give more strength to the "cause" for which you're doing things.

shadedragon also explained things really well - thanks sweetie

oliviasang 10-06-2012 09:27 PM

Hi

I've used sigils in my craft for many years and I have found the technique more than adequate. It was one of the first things I brought into my more ceremonial learning's before changing systems more totally to chaos.

Olivia

shadedragon 11-06-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliviasang
Hi

I've used sigils in my craft for many years and I have found the technique more than adequate. It was one of the first things I brought into my more ceremonial learning's before changing systems more totally to chaos.

Olivia

? What do mean by that? (I feel like a first grader asking this for some reason :P but I guess I don't quite understand or do understand what you're saying, I just would like to make sure I do.. if that makes sense.)

oliviasang 11-06-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

? What do mean by that? (I feel like a first grader asking this for some reason :P but I guess I don't quite understand or do understand what you're saying, I just would like to make sure I do.. if that makes sense.)

Sorry, I’m not quite sure where your confusion comes in but I’ll try to be clearer, please let me know how I do. :smile:

I’m an occultist/pagan I started my magical craftwork in the ceremonial field (Enochian, Hermetic). I was taught sigils, worked with them and found them to be useful and powerful, hence my interests moved to Chaos magic, which uses/developed sigils and experiments with them.

I am now actively studying Hoodoo, but still use sigils, so I was just trying to impart that I believe they are a wonderful tool. :D

Olivia

shadedragon 11-06-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I’m not quite sure where your confusion comes in but I’ll try to be clearer, please let me know how I do. :smile:

I’m an occultist/pagan I started my magical craftwork in the ceremonial field (Enochian, Hermetic). I was taught sigils, worked with them and found them to be useful and powerful, hence my interests moved to Chaos magic, which uses/developed sigils and experiments with them.

I am now actively studying Hoodoo, but still use sigils, so I was just trying to impart that I believe they are a wonderful tool. :D

Olivia

:) oh okay :) thanks for explaining. I have a few friends who are pagans and was curious if what you were saying was related. I agree that sigils are quite effective :D ..do you have any tips on making them? I did it when I was younger in the classes I mentioned above, but recently I have been having some troubles with it.

NekoTheCat 11-06-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Olivia

wow, that sounds exciting, .... studying hoodoo, that is .... im too lazy to type with capital letters

Adrienne 11-06-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Interesting!

Very interesting topic qwerty ! Maybe I should finish reading before I reply to this ...but what if a friend stops by at say 8pm and brings you a gift with an orange cat on it ? Would that count ?

Dream Angel xx

NekoTheCat 11-06-2012 11:12 PM

^^^^
it definitely counts,
maybe the orange cat is the gift - as a kitten?

Adrienne 11-06-2012 11:20 PM

now there is a thought, the gift of a kitten.

I have never heard of this sigil magic before, most interesting ! I was looking for some magic earlier, thinking of crystals... maybe this is what I am looking for instead ?

you mentioned using this, and it works ? any special suggestions ?

NekoTheCat 12-06-2012 12:46 AM

^^
just what i mentioned before, use the law of attraction to empower it.
try to make the sentence as short and as clear as possible -say you want to receive a red pen or something like this, make it *i have a red pen*-you get the point.
try not to get disturbed while you concentrate on this, just like with any other ritual..
feel free to pm me with more questions, if you like or have ^^

Adrienne 12-06-2012 12:49 AM

thank you Neko :smile:

qwerty 12-06-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

:) oh okay :) thanks for explaining. I have a few friends who are pagans and was curious if what you were saying was related. I agree that sigils are quite effective :D ..do you have any tips on making them? I did it when I was younger in the classes I mentioned above, but recently I have been having some troubles with it.

Not that I have any tips D: ...But what kind of troubles are you facing?

oliviasang 12-06-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NekoTheCat
wow, that sounds exciting, .... studying hoodoo, that is .... im too lazy to type with capital letters

It really is, I've learned a lot.::smile:

oliviasang 12-06-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Anytime, :smile: yep, it was related. Sure message me and we can disguss methods, as I'm not sure everyone wants to be subject to that. :smile:

LOSH 17-08-2012 07:31 AM

I have just finished reading this thread and am very interested in it. I think any personal tips would be of great value if you are willing to share them openly.:smile:

Arcturus 18-08-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

pretty sure sigils should be done in the present tense as "higher self" does not "think"/act in terms of past or future. google seems to agree.

seeker89 21-08-2012 03:34 AM

I just watched a video that details one way of making sigils...In it, the guy said not to make too many of them or they will deplete your life-force, causing you to feel low on energy...Can anyone validate that statement as true, or dismiss it as false?

Occultist 21-08-2012 05:16 AM

Sigil magic is the easiest for a beginner because of the objests.
Then kitchen and green and so many others last but not least hand and thought. My Grandmother could do thought magic I cannot yet.

seeker89 31-01-2013 05:13 AM

Ok, so I've been experimenting with sigils lately...Just want to say that they do work really well...I've been finding that the ones where I say "IT IS MY WILL TO..." generally do NOT work as well as when I state the desire in the present tense, such as "I AM NOW..." but it does depend on the situation, as you cant use the latter to, say, meet a specific person (I've never used a sigil for that actually, hmmm...) but seriously guys, this is worth trying out as a manifestation technique. Of course, as the cliche we've all heard before goes: Be careful what you blah blah blah :P (seriously though, do be careful...) Enjoy.

Flowers 02-02-2013 05:07 PM

Haha I learn so much from this forum and I laugh so much.