Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Had already manifested from Candle-burning (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=148545)

Cribbage1952 31-01-2024 07:08 AM

Manifesting via Gamache Candle-burning

Several years ago there used to be a Metaphysics shop here in Honolulu that I used to go to for help in manifestation, attainment of my fervent goal. In order to bring about the manifestation, the lady there to whom I paid between $15 and $20 each time was doing a candle burning ritual. The candle that she burnt for me each time was coated with specific oils and herbs.
Evidently, the rituals were quite effective. Of course it was not automatic because after all I had to make certain efforts in my own life to attain my goal. I had this ritual at the shop conducted on a more or less monthly basis. But the problem is that at some point she had to relocate from Hawaii to the US mainland so I was caught off balance. Eventually I lost the goal but I could not find anyone else who could conduct the candle burning ritual for me. Can anyone verify as to whether or not this is the Gamache method?

Cribbage1952 31-01-2024 07:17 AM

My money situation is already good so I don't have to worry about that at all. Instead it's a certain project that I work on for my emotional benefit for which I had used the aforementioned candle ritual. But the lady who did it is gone, so I was hoping that I could learn to conduct the ritual myself. That's what I meant in my previous post.

Mr Brightside 31-01-2024 10:18 AM

You can buy that book for like 8 pounds on the internet and do it yourself if you believe candles Will help

Miss Hepburn 31-01-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Brightside
You can buy that book for like 8 pounds on the internet and do it yourself if you believe candles Will help

The book?
I looked up the Gamache method, got nothing except a detective in novels.
Added: googled Amazon. YES! Here it is The Master Book of Candle Burning by H. Gamache
Master Book of Candle Burning: Henry Gamache

Cribbage1952 21-03-2024 12:19 AM

Thank you, Miss Hepburn, I have the Gamache book but its candles use oil instead of the herbs that the lady at the shop used. So I look for anyone on this forum who uses herbs for the candles.

Cribbage1952 21-03-2024 07:09 PM

Had already manifested from Candle-burning

Actually I should have posted this here instead of the affirmation thread because I already manifested. It was the lady at the metaphysical shop who made candles. And I always got good results from that candle burning.

But the problem is that she and her shop are both gone now so I'm left in the lurch. At that point, I thought that the book by Henry Gamache would help on the candle-burning but it's different because it uses oils instead of the herbs that the lady used. So I post here in hopes that someone on this forum might know of the herbal method.

Miss Hepburn 21-03-2024 10:05 PM

I'm merging your threads on the same topic. :)

Cribbage1952 28-03-2024 10:41 PM

Yes, merging is good, Miss Hepburn, thank you.

Cribbage1952 30-03-2024 08:57 AM

The Candle-burning at the metaphysical shop can be seen to overlap with the Catholic's use of their Novena-candle. To aid in the effectiveness of the Catholic prayer, they burn the Novena-candle which represents both Purification and also the Saints.

Cribbage1952 01-04-2024 07:32 PM

The reason that Saints are part of the Novena-Candle is because Saints are known for their Miracles. Several strict steps have to be taken before the Pope himself canonizes a priest as a Saint. Especially noteworthy is Saint Joseph of Cupertino because in addition to healing people of blindness, he could also levitate. Those levitations were not just occasional but actually quite frequent, so much so that they were thoroughly documented. Therefore, part of the Candle.

Miss Hepburn 01-04-2024 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cribbage1952
... Several strict steps have to be taken before the Pope himself canonizes a priest as a Saint.

I simply wanted to clarify the word priest...to virtually 'anyone'....a lay person, of course, a nun.
The criteria has been loosened...I was as shocked -prob no more shocked then when Vatican II came out!!
Catholics would know about this and I am here to ans any questions.
But a future Saint had to be prayed to and have THREE verified miracles happen because of that praying to them..now it is only 2! What?
And when I say verified - I mean notarized documents of the person's 'ailments' that were for years incurable,
then, suddenly -shazam!

When I read that Mother Theresa - cured THREE people around the world after her death ...I said,"What?"
So I simply prayed to her to help my knee 6 months after a fall.... Bingo, jingo, shazam ...she did.

Cribbage1952 07-04-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I simply wanted to clarify the word priest...to virtually 'anyone'....a lay person, of course, a nun.
The criteria has been loosened...I was as shocked -prob no more shocked then when Vatican II came out!!
Catholics would know about this and I am here to ans any questions.

Glad that Mother Teresa cured you. Yes, the Catholic requirements keep changing, such as the requirement of miracles which you cited. Since you offered to answer questions, what about the Purgatory dogma? I heard that dogma has been eliminated, but I'm not sure, so I'm asking you.

Miss Hepburn 07-04-2024 07:25 PM

Hi, :)
Purgatory...well, actually the Catholic doctrine still teaches that there is a place souls go to purify more...
before going to a more joyous place they would call Heaven.
Btw, no fire involved - love and learning.

If you are interested in information on the Afterlife - not Catholic, tho - I can give you great stuff to read or watch...
and actually are a bit similar to a place to hang out before either coming back here or
going to higher Celestial Realms...a place of learning...you 'could' call purification.

Oh, since you are new here ...the Admin asked us to only quote 2-3 sentences when we quote others here.

Cribbage1952 08-04-2024 05:12 PM

@Miss Hepburn
Sorry, instead of Purgatory, I had actually meant Limbo--whether Limbo had been eliminated from the Doctrine. Or is it an optional belief? Do you know? And what is the difference between Limbo of the Fathers and Limbo of the Infants?
After these doctrinal beliefs are clarified, I will return to the subject of Manifestation.

Miss Hepburn 08-04-2024 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cribbage1952
@Miss Hepburn
Sorry, instead of Purgatory, I had actually meant Limbo--whether Limbo had been eliminated from the Doctrine. Or is it an optional belief?

It makes me laugh...yes, it got tossed!!!:tongue: Isn't that funny!

Cribbage1952 09-04-2024 07:13 PM

Quote:

It makes me laugh...yes, it got tossed!!!:tongue: Isn't that funny!

Funny?? Actually--isn't it deplorable? That is, the changes and Inconsistencies.
While we're at it, are you familiar with another Saint--Saint Joseph of Cupertino? He was known to have the supernatural power of Levitation. At the monastery, he was seen to levitate on so many occasions that the phenomenon has been thoroughly documented.

Cribbage1952 09-04-2024 07:33 PM

To add to that aforementioned Saint Joseph--you could say that his supernatural power of Levitation has to do with Manifesting. But in order to manifest, he had to subject himself to extremely harsh austerities. Whenever he ate, he would first sprinkle some awful-tasting powder on his food so that he would not get any pleasure from eating at all. The food was just to keep himself alive, but he was not to get any pleasure from it at all. That austerity was in addition to him constantly wearing a prickly shirt so he always felt Uncomfortable. Basically it was Self-inflicted torture, the ultimate in Asceticism by which he resolved to transcend human emotions and even eliminate them altogether. Buddhist-ascetics are known for such austerities too.
It was through that asceticism that his miracles were manifested. So evidently such austerities is one sure-fire way to do Manifesting.

Wandering_Star 14-04-2024 06:07 PM

The power was not in the candle, the oils, the herbs, the lady who performed the rituals, or the words she used.

All of the power was in the fact that you believed these things were significant and powerful, and could help you.

It's all about belief. It's always about belief. Rituals are just a means to help one focus that belief, using physical symbols.

Bashar calls things like candle-burning rituals "permission slips"—If they help you get into a state of believing, and allowing what you want to manifest, that's fine. But they're just useful props for focusing intention and creating the right emotional state in regard to it—they don't do the work of manifesting.

I used to be into magic, carefully following instructions for rituals, buying the right herbs, making oils, selecting the most auspicious days and hours, setting up an altar, opening and closing a circle, etc. But I needn't have bothered with any of it.

Wait—no, I did need to bother with it because I was coming from a much lower vibration then, and believed that I didn't have the power to get what I wanted without turning to supernatural means and performing complicated, difficult rituals. So yeah, I did need to do it. But once my vibe shifted for the better, I saw all that ritual for what it really was, and was able to abandon it.

Ritual magic, of any sort, was just a roundabout, overly complicated way of working with the Law of Attraction. The real effect of those rituals was to raise my own vibration and get myself into a state of belief that my desired result would occur. Once I cut to the chase and worked on consistently raising my own vibration, and staying at a higher frequency, intentional manifestation meant getting myself into a state of belief that what I wanted already existed and was already mine, and I could use simpler means, such as visualization or drawing or writing, to hold my focus.

It's about belief. It's entirely about belief. Any external, material means used to heighten that belief are props/ permission slips. And yes, that includes St. Joseph's ascetic practices and self-inflicted torments; he believed they would prove his faith and bring him closer to God, and he lived in a time and culture where this kind of harsh treatment of the body as an intensely focused expression of faith was an accepted, and even celebrated practice. But it wasn't his asceticism and self-torment in itself that allowed him to perform miracles; it was his overwhelming focus on becoming an instrument for God to work through, and his belief that this was possible, that did. In other times and circumstances, surrounded by a different culture, he might never have needed to practice such austerities. Even the Buddha himself, having practiced harsh asceticism, realized that it, in itself, wasn't the path to enlightenment, and gave it up in favor of mindfulness and moderation, which is why Buddhism is called the Middle Way.

Cribbage1952 21-04-2024 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
And yes, that includes St. Joseph's ascetic practices and self-inflicted torments; he believed they would prove his faith and bring him closer to God, and he lived in a time and culture where this kind of harsh treatment of the body as an intensely focused expression of faith was an accepted, and even celebrated practice. But it wasn't his asceticism and self-torment in itself that allowed him to perform miracles; it was his overwhelming focus on becoming an instrument for God to work through, and his belief that this was possible, that did. In other times and circumstances, surrounded by a different culture, he might never have needed to practice such austerities. Even the Buddha himself, having practiced harsh asceticism, realized that it, in itself, wasn't the path to enlightenment, and gave it up in favor of mindfulness and moderation, which is why Buddhism is called the Middle Way.

Regarding the Asceticism practiced by St. Joseph, I have to differ with you because his manifesting was the exceptional ability of Levitation. Levitation is a supernatural power obviously, so it's not something to sneeze at. Entirely different from affirming to get, say, a Job-promotion. Job-promotion is something right here in the natural world, so affirmation alone can be enough to get a Job-promotion. But Levitation is different--it is telekinesis, which is supernatural.

Only two ways to manifest Levitation. (1)the person is born with it, or (2)the practice of self-inflicted torment as practiced by St. Joseph. Otherwise,there would be documentation of Levitation through affirmation alone, but there is No such documentation at all. Whereas the harsh austerities that St. Joseph underwent to attain Levitation is thoroughly documented. At the same time, I'll remain open to any documentation you can provide on your alternate-explanation.

Miss Hepburn 21-04-2024 02:22 PM

Well, gee, all ya have to do is google things like Levitation by Tibetan or Indian monks...
Stories of Catholic levitation...you name it...type in yogis or gurus or Eastern masters that bi-locate and levitate, there are many stories.

Self inflicted torment? Sure -it worked for Joseph to focus his mind and desire...but, the only way?

Is walking on water as Peter did, much diff than floating a bit? It took profound faith or belief, as I see it.
I dunno - is turning 5 loaves and fish into enough to feed 5000 men ---
who knows how many woman and children much different? Not to me.
Or
walking thru a forest fire, (rather than go around MILES to a bridge), as told by Baird Spaulding or
making water boil up in the mountains, or manifesting bread from atoms...all in Books 1- 3 in Mr. Spaulding's Masters of the Far East.
Around 1890-1900 as I recall. No self torture involved, btw.

There are many stories of these so-called miracles all over the internet and in books.
It would be up to the person interested to stick with Joseph's story only or research other events themselves. imo.
And if a person did not believe the many stories --well, nothing anyone can say to that.

Cribbage1952 27-04-2024 07:43 AM

Quote:

Well, gee, all ya have to do is google things like Levitation by Tibetan or Indian monks...
Stories of Catholic levitation...you name it...type in yogis or gurus
or Eastern masters that bi-locate and levitate, there are many stories.

Self inflicted torment? Sure -it worked for Joseph to focus his mind and desire...but, the only way?

Since you yourself are a self-admitted Catholic, I'm sure you realize the Catholic practice of the Sacrament where the participants eat the Wafer. That wafer has been specially consecrated. This is all part of that Ritual which is necessary for holy communion.
Based on that ceremony, you can see my point about the necessity for Rituals.
Another Catholic practice is the Novena during which Fasting is done. Depending on the harshness of that Fasting, it can be done to the degree where it becomes self-inflicted torment of the kind practiced by Saint Joseph. So, as you can see, in your own self-admitted Catholicism, there are certain rituals/disciplines to be practiced--with all due respect to you, Miss Hepburn.

Miss Hepburn 27-04-2024 07:59 AM

Hi Cribbage, couple things I should clarify, I'm an ex-Catholic.
I like Catholics, but not their Church.

And putting on my Mod hat ---the Administration here has
asked that when we quote other members that we shorten the quote to 2-3
sentences...I think adding the post # helps.

AngelBlue 27-04-2024 08:12 AM

Here I go poking my spoke in again but hopefully in a positive way.
Firstly, and I apologise, but I have no knowledge at all if this "method" you speak of. In fact I've never heard of it !
But I just feel like I wanted to say can you not meditate and manifest with ANY candle ??
In fact , do you even need a candle to meditate or manifest .
I have done both over time but never used a candle.

In order to manifest I did meditate and above all else my main findings and beliefs were this.

See whatever you are manifesting as already there .
And then believe it.
In believing it you eliminate the fear .

Sorry if I sound ignorant to the facts of the method you prefer .

Native spirit 27-04-2024 09:20 AM

I can only add a caution to this Yes I have heard of candle burning ,
but putting oils near a flame is dangerous in its self,

I used to read a magazine it is a Spiritual magazine and there is a section in it which used candles as a manifestation.

Namaste

Cribbage1952 05-05-2024 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelBlue
But I just feel like I wanted to say can you not meditate and manifest with ANY candle ??

Yes, I meditate too, because of my Buddhism. In that way, Buddhism is intertwined with manifestation, for me.
You said that you manifest without using candles. At the risk of sounding presumptuous, you may have used candles in your previous reincarnation. But you progressed to the point that you don't need candles. Consequently, when you reincarnated into your present life, you don't need candles.
In my case, in my present incarnation, I need those candles, so I use them. The problem is that somebody else made those candles for me-- the lady at that metaphysics shop. But now both her and the shop are gone, so I am left in the lurch. This is what began the introduction of this thread in the first place.