Spiritual Forums

Spiritual Forums (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/index.php)
-   Love & Relationships -Friends and Family (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   are you in a relationship or are you on your own? (https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46449)

Honza 26-01-2013 03:03 PM

are you in a relationship or are you on your own?

Are you in a relationship at the moment or are you single?

I'm single at the moment and have been single for about 14 years. I had a run of relationships in my twenties but after '98 I have been single. Don't really mind; in a way I enjoy the freedom!

Saggi 26-01-2013 07:48 PM

Hmm,,,

I'm married, yet separated, so single in that respect and there is a 'friend' in my life who, erm, is a bit more than a friend, yet, we're not in a relationship lol

I feel single,,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

CatChild 26-01-2013 11:30 PM

Single. I'm happy on my own.

psychoslice 26-01-2013 11:35 PM

Thank god I am single.:blob3:

John Elessar 27-01-2013 12:35 AM

ps, love the new avatar!

Niebla0007 27-01-2013 02:26 AM

Been married and divorced, so
Legally single :D
80% single in this site is a lot.
As far as relationship goes,
physically, I don't really care that much anymore.
If true love comes my way, great.
It will be nice to find someone who is right for me,
I can very well relate to, who can read my mind/what I want.
I only experienced the latter once and it is fantastic.
But he doesn't reside where I am.
And long distance relationships do not work on most people.

Elfay 27-01-2013 03:00 AM

I'm single but like saggi, I have a friend that is more than just a friend yet we aren't in a relationship. I'm enjoying my single status though. After being with someone for 14 years I am loving my new found freedom. It's been fun.

escucharla 27-01-2013 03:49 AM

I've always been single. At this point I've come to the conclusion that I may never meet anyone and I'm okay with that. I agree with the difficulty of long distance relationships. There have been a couple of potentials, yet the circumstances and distance were never worth the hassle or heartache to truly pursue. There's so much I want to do and see in life and having a boyfriend/husband may hinder me from accomplishing them.

Jules 27-01-2013 04:28 AM

Yep single here too for the past 11years. 95% of the time I'm perfectly happy with singledom but just the odd time I miss the trappings of a relationship - you know where just want to curl up with someone on the sofa, have those little intimate moments. Ah well if its meant to happen it will do

korryn92 27-01-2013 08:49 AM

I have been in a relationship for 6 years.

We seem to know exactly what is going on in eachother's heads almost all the time. :tongue:

The only times things suck is when my depression and bi-polar act up and it is hard for him to completely understand what is going on. He is very patient though, and that would be very hard for me to go through if I were in his shoes.

sugarpain 27-01-2013 06:31 PM

I've been in a relationship for three years now. Before that I was married for 12 yrs.

I can relate to Korryn about the depression. The man I'm with now is just so understanding about it all. He's a sweetie!

I chose to be with him because we had so much in common. We work so well together setting goals and achieving them together. Very unlike my ex.
I'm still friends with my ex-husband though. He is the father of our three beautiful children. But I could never see going back to a relationship like we had!

StrandedSnowMonkey 30-01-2013 10:16 PM

I've been single for about five years now. We parted on good terms. I was a bit scared when she wanted to meet up a year later. So I borrowed a dog and we went for a walk ~ would have gone for another walk, if she had asked.

At the start of the year I asked for some clearer signs. Later that day when I turned on the tv, there was a cake with 'Will you marry me?' on it. I said 'yes' ~ then pinched myself! :D

Belle 31-01-2013 07:14 AM

I had a few flings recently - all carrying precious memories but I actually want a bit of what I would call "focussed singledom" (oh how corporate-speak) as I work out what I want, what I really really want (in the tone of the Spice Girls)

Arcturus 31-01-2013 09:02 AM

single since 98'
too ill for any kind of relationship at the mo
shouldn't mind a kiss and a cuddle, as they are nice eh, just not now

seeker89 31-01-2013 12:18 PM

Been single for about 4 years now...Gets a bit frustrating sometimes...Anyone wanna go out? :wink: :hello: :icon_tongue:...:laughing7:

Ecthalion 31-01-2013 12:21 PM

Am I in a relationship, or am I on my own..?
Both.

DarkAsylum 31-01-2013 02:45 PM

Am happily married

Jolandie 03-02-2013 06:24 PM

I'm engaged. Been together 9 years on Valentine's.

But by the looks of it it's not getting married soon.

Have to admit sometimes I feel like tossing a steel pot at his head! But I'll probably miss.

Love is complicated but love can be great.

:)

Emvee 03-02-2013 06:59 PM

Been living for 19 years & have never had a relationship :P

cMarie 04-02-2013 01:33 AM

I've been single for over 5 years now. Love it! Sometimes I get lonely, but then I think...what if there was a man living here? That snaps me back! ha ha.

But yes, a kiss or a cuddle would be nice.

priyanka741 07-02-2013 12:51 PM

I am also single and ready to mingle:wink:

Kangarus 09-02-2013 04:08 PM

I am on my own at this time. I did have a relationship of sorts earlier in my time, but it did not work out well at all. I do not enjoy being single as far as that I don't date or go out clubbing and such. In fact I don't like the term "single" as that for me implies a certain mindset which I do not have, I prefer the term "unaffiliated".

Sadly, I am incel by default as a result. I simply accept it as is and cultivate a belief that it is the will of the Divine and that I have no say in the matter as a coping mechanism. Whether it is actually the will of divine providence or not, though, I cannot say.

Somnia 10-02-2013 02:10 PM

I voted but I don't think I've posted.

I am currently in a long term relationship with my mate. We've been together for a total of 12 years and have been living together for the past 4 years. We are not married but are technically domestic partners at this point.

Miss Hepburn 10-02-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoslice
Thank god I am single.:blob3:

Ditto....and not looking...but pursued way too much.
LOVE singledom....altho it took me 2-3 years to realize the JOY of it, ahhh, wonderful.
(After 24 solid years in relationship, will never do it again.)

dave sonsaleagain 11-02-2013 05:01 AM

My longtime girlfriend passed away, but I very much enjoy being in a good relationship if its one where me and the other person enhance each others lives and happiness.

psychoslice 11-02-2013 05:22 AM

I'm single and my pockets jiggle lol.

psychoslice 11-02-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ditto....and not looking...but pursued way too much.
LOVE singledom....altho it took me 2-3 years to realize the JOY of it, ahhh, wonderful.
(After 24 solid years in relationship, will never do it again.)

I'm happy for you, darling Miss Hepburn.:hug3:

cally33 20-02-2013 08:17 PM

Am technically still married but we hav been seperated for 6 yrs just havent got round to a divorce yet,
I am single and quite happy being so altho i do hav my eye on someone :-)
we hav a connection but I am in no rush to seriously pursue him.

Doctor Lyra 21-02-2013 09:04 PM

single, i just don't understand people, I never have.
I don't see myself being able to cope with them, and don't think I will ever be in a relationship

Lynn 22-02-2013 04:48 AM

Hello

Still in the first relationship I ever had. its 32 years in March. I can not say its all been bliss but I am so blessed to have the life I do.

Lynn

Teal 22-02-2013 05:44 AM

Divorced, and in a relationship with my girls father.
If i become single again I am going to stay that way or just date no living together or any of that. I think I have always looked for the perfect guy or thing and it is tiring to be in relationship after relationship. I enjoyed being single in between and just me and my pets and kids. No living together not committed to another. In the last few years I have given it a lot of thought. I realize it is ok to be single. and embrace it.

Moon62 25-02-2013 06:14 AM

Divorced, and been on my own since my last partner left in September last year.

Am not sure if I'm entirely happy being on my own or not, but I love my space! I'm over being with fakers though, and wonder if somewhere, I'm a faker too - without knowing it - because that's all I seem to draw my way lately!

So I dunno ... I'm simply taking each day as it comes ...

keith95843 27-02-2013 04:15 PM

I have been with my wife for 30 years I love the life we have created

VanillaRayne 27-02-2013 09:23 PM

I'm single, dating someone at the moment, but I'm just waiting for the right one to come along before I get into another serious relationship. I've reached a point where I'm fine on my own and no longer wish to settle for less than what I deserve. With that being said, I do wish to marry and build a life with the right person when I find him.

IfOnlyIHadWingZ 27-02-2013 11:16 PM

Very newly single

I'm very newly single after living with my partner for 2 years. I really am looking forward to finding myself again and being independent and just really appreciating and enjoying my own company. Only good things to come. :)

CharlotteCentauri 01-03-2013 08:31 AM

Single. Am really content w the way my singledom life is. A massive learning experience.

heartsmart 01-03-2013 10:22 PM

Single, I don't like scandinavian men.

butterfly_kisses 02-03-2013 05:36 AM

Single for now! working on myself so I can attract the right person into my life. I guess you could say Im currently in a relationship.. with myself, lol??? :)

fluttershy 04-03-2013 02:36 AM

relationship to single..

i am in a relationship for 10 years now, but i have a feeling it will be coming to an end..sad story :icon_frown:

Flowers 19-03-2013 04:23 PM

am single and feel free